EXCLUSIVE: Phil Gould reveals worrying 'suspicion'

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The problem for me is that the amount of shit he is talking is increasing daily. He's already got numerous other clubs offside with his media spin and it won't be long before he turns EVERY potential big name signing's manager off as well (seems this is already happening). Now we have questions over Ciraldo's methods. Like it or not but this is not the 1980's. The players in those days were hard tough MEN not X Box playing kids like today. This hard line approach can only go so far in 2023 especially if the plays are just not that good.
In a perfect world he back off the media side and focus on the club but the all mighty dollar doesn't let him.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In a perfect world he back off the media side and focus on the club but the all mighty dollar doesn't let him.
100% I'd say there will be growing pressure on him from club management to start doing just that.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't buy into the mental health aspect of this. It's not like they would have hazed the player (assuming it's Topine) to the point of mental torment.

There's no doubt some of our players aren't mentally strong enough or good enough talent wise, so I don't blame Ciraldo for trying to change things. But I also don't think Ciraldo is faultless for how this season has turned out on and off the field. The club needs improvement and accountability across the whole squad and coaching staff.
There's absolutely no way CC is blameless in all of this. Of course not.

No matter what is said, he's steering the ship so needs to be responsible for the direction it's going in. Clearly we're not doing well, so he needs to take ownership of that which I believe he's doing.

The reality from my side, which I've said before, is that we've got a cultural problem which takes a long time to fix. It's about attitude and there's no true short-term solution other than hard work.

People are pointing to other clubs eg the Saints, and saying how they've turned things around quickly. Sure, and it doesn't look well for our club.

But, we don't know the magnitude of the issues within the club but it isn't hard to imagine. We've had a losing culture within across the board whether it be players, management, coaches. All of it.

One preseason with CC is going to change that.

If anything, he was too soft on the playing group from the beginning.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If I was in Goulds position trying to build a powerhouse I wouldn’t look twice at the whining pricks who have no interest in the dogs amounting to anything again. 70% of the NRL supporters and management love seeing us in crisis how could you not we have produced some of the greatest footy ever seen. Hope he spins everything he strings the media with ease fuck these rats. We’re crap right now but for a team who’s been shite for almost a decade we get as much attension as the best sides in the comp. Gus keep going backing him all the way.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
There's absolutely no way CC is blameless in all of this. Of course not.

No matter what is said, he's steering the ship so needs to be responsible for the direction it's going in. Clearly we're not doing well, so he needs to take ownership of that which I believe he's doing.

The reality from my side, which I've said before, is that we've got a cultural problem which takes a long time to fix. It's about attitude and there's no true short-term solution other than hard work.

People are pointing to other clubs eg the Saints, and saying how they've turned things around quickly. Sure, and it doesn't look well for our club.

But, we don't know the magnitude of the issues within the club but it isn't hard to imagine. We've had a losing culture within across the board whether it be players, management, coaches. All of it.

One preseason with CC is going to change that.

If anything, he was too soft on the playing group from the beginning.
Fkn A!

He wants to turn from Super cuck to super **** in an off-season.

We needed a super **** off the bat.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep I don’t care what the boomers on here say about mental health that’s the lowest act you can do it leak a medical report like that.
How do you know it's "boomers" being negative about mental health?

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The problem for me is that the amount of shit he is talking is increasing daily. He's already got numerous other clubs offside with his media spin and it won't be long before he turns EVERY potential big name signing's manager off as well (seems this is already happening). Now we have questions over Ciraldo's methods. Like it or not but this is not the 1980's. The players in those days were hard tough MEN not X Box playing kids like today. This is never going to change. This hard line approach can only go so far in 2023 especially if the players are just not that good.
I agree on the criticism of his media approach, he should tone it down just a little.
Players mangers care only about the biggest offer.
Rugby League is a tough sport played by tough man if it gets too tough for some they should stick to playing X Box.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
we need to take the entire club by the ankles, turn it upside down, and shake the leakers loose.
Whoever is leaking to the media (probably a player manager, let's be honest) needs to be made an example of.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Seems the player knows his rugby league career is over...

Cant imagine anybody hiring a ticking bomb for their club considering this has become so public.
Yep, realised he can't even play a kids game and has to find a real job all of a sudden.

Nothing hits harder than reality.