Burton is not worth big dollars

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Burton is possibly the worst six in the comp.

* No footwork
* No quick burst of speed to drag in defenders when playing first receiver
* No short passing game
* General kicking game is below average
* Zero vision. Just doesn't see the game as a half.
we need another halve and move burton to centre,

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
[YouQUOTE="Flanagun, post: 4826598, member: 16373"]
Why the need to abuse people for having a different opinion, lafam? It doesn’t reflect well on you.

Reed was horrible today. Missed 8 tackles and offered nothing in attack, Flano came on and actually pushed up in support and gave us energy.

Waddell was immense today. 180 metres, 31 tackles, a try, line break and try assist. Not only are you badmouthing me, you are rubbishing two of the few players who actually put in for us today.

As for Ciraldo, I can not recall a dogs team with more consistently atrocious defence. If you can’t see he’s not up to the job, arguing with you is futile. We’d have been better off sticking with Potter. At least he had us enjoying our footy.

Grow up.
Your relentless attack on the club, in the coach and Gus is deserving of abuse.
[/QUOTE]
So let’s get rid of another coach 1 year into a 5 year contract....

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton is possibly the worst six in the comp.

* No footwork
* No quick burst of speed to drag in defenders when playing first receiver
* No short passing game
* General kicking game is below average
* Zero vision. Just doesn't see the game as a half.
What about the five eighth from the broncos

Doggfather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lichaa was better than Reed, Lichaa could tackle. Defence is more important than attack.

Reed and Burton should be stripped from their captaincies after this season.

Addo Carr was more involved today but clearly didn’t want to be there and play.

Good thing is today was the last time I had to watch Okunbor and Pangai play in Blue and White.

Next year things will get worse.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lichaa was better than Reed, Lichaa could tackle. Defence is more important than attack.

Reed and Burton should be stripped from their captaincies after this season.

Addo Carr was more involved today but clearly didn’t want to be there and play.

Good thing is today was the last time I had to watch Okunbor and Pangai play in Blue and White.

Next year things will get worse.
Lichaa was horrible, I have never seen a dummy half get the ball thrown back at them for shit service before

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't agree fully here.
JMK simply learnt how to play in the shit Bulldogs way. He had his best year last year but prior to that was putrid.

Reed comes with a skill set that is befitting for a team that is moving up in numbers and support playing. He has huge enthusiasm in defence and highly alert and highly involved.

His desire to get involved too much can be a weakness if he doesn't get the right support tacklers.

Put Reed into a Penrith system and he becomes one of the best hookers in the game. He needs a team rolling forward.

Even in the few minutes I watched him today, his passing game is crisp.

The concern is we may not play well as a team for him to shine.

We are just a really bad team and poorly coached
I dunno man. Can’t argue that his passing is crisp but the big issue is he’s taking the wrong options in attack with those passes. Even Penrith ain’t gonna bennefit with him if hes going with poor options regularly

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You guys underestimate how bad a team environment and coach like this can be for a young player.

Burton has all the tools. The sort of player we will come to regret if we let him go. And he’s a 6, not a centre. He needs experience alongside him because he is not yet experienced enough to be a team’s dominant half. It’s that simple.
Besides the coach bagging, I agree.

Wow :tearsofjoy:

No experienced players to buy, unfortunately.

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah, new leadership is needed. They could do worse than Corey Waddell for captain. Gotta re-sign him first, though.
Back to trolling haha

He did play well today, but not a leader.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Back to trolling haha

He did play well today, but not a leader.
Who in the team is? Reed isn’t a leader’s arsehole and Burton clearly isn’t ready. Waddell leads by example every week. What’s ridiculous about it?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Good observations.
The fact he hasn't been able to identify it himself and improve means he never will.

Some people are saying we will regret losing him, whereas I reckon teams are salivating coming up against him.

And we will too once we can move him on.
Starting to look obvious they are sending teaffic to him and confident they can step him.

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Let’s be honest - JMK attacked very well and defended very well and steadily improved. He won our Peponis medal last year for crying out loud. He was never the issue

Weve brought in Reed and he has been disgustingly underwhelming to the point where were actually now poorer in the dummy half position
Look at the lack of a forward pack, you agenda driven dope :tearsofjoy:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
All due respect bro but it's the coaches job to make sure they put in effort.

They can't and don't respect the assistant and I don't blame them, but the "players" can get fucked too.
Once you've lost the players and they continuously put in performances like this, it's real hard to see them next year magically buy in to Ciro's processes. Hope so bc he's here for a while yet but its looking highly unlikely.

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Who in the team is? Reed isn’t a leader’s arsehole and Burton clearly isn’t ready. Waddell leads by example every week. What’s ridiculous about it?
Reed plays with effort. I'll give him that, he tries hard with no backup.

Bulldogs are boys playing against men

We need tough players recruited or developed

End of the road, one more game to suffer, this year, unfortunately, don't see 2024 any better.

Still a fan!

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reed plays with effort. I'll give him that, he tries hard with no backup.

Bulldogs are boys playing against men

We need tough players recruited or developed

End of the road, one more game to suffer, this year, unfortunately, don't see 2024 any better.

Still a fan!
Yeah I bet you’d play with effort too mate. But that doesnt give u a pass for grossly underperforming

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah I bet you’d play with effort too mate. But that doesnt give u a pass for grossly underperforming
I'd happily show you my effort, anytime, pussy-cat!

We should make up a Kennel footy teams

Wankers vs Non-Wankers :tearsofjoy:

Calling out Assassin to be Non-Wankers coach :smilingimp: