Burton is not worth big dollars

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
[YouQUOTE="Flanagun, post: 4826598, member: 16373"]
Why the need to abuse people for having a different opinion, lafam? It doesn’t reflect well on you.

Reed was horrible today. Missed 8 tackles and offered nothing in attack, Flano came on and actually pushed up in support and gave us energy.

Waddell was immense today. 180 metres, 31 tackles, a try, line break and try assist. Not only are you badmouthing me, you are rubbishing two of the few players who actually put in for us today.

As for Ciraldo, I can not recall a dogs team with more consistently atrocious defence. If you can’t see he’s not up to the job, arguing with you is futile. We’d have been better off sticking with Potter. At least he had us enjoying our footy.

Grow up.
[/QUOTE]
Your relentless attack on the club, in the coach and Gus is deserving of abuse.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
They have to be called out. As the Kennel has done with Thompson, Pangai, etc. If your marquee signings flop & fail you are zero chance of escaping the cellar of the NRL.
Yeah you can rip into anyone except Burton the fkn koala.

When it comes to the NSW Cup centre, they blame the HB, the forwards, the backs, the crowd and their pets before rightly pointing out the dud is drowning.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never forget - Gus voluntarily topped up this guys contract to try and big note himself

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
most players would turn to shit at this club..were lucky theyre not talking loudly about relegation..were not up to 1st grade standard and it would be hard to argue against it.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, he’s turned out to be such a dud signing. A huge disappointment.
The only thing Reed has that’s good is his passing game. He’s been a real disappointment in other areas. JMK had a better running game, would sniff out the odd try from dummy half and his defence was awesome. Reed also has a lot of errors in his game.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He doesn't know how to play 6 and there is no one to work with him. He needs a Maloney in his ear. He plays to wide, he doesn't catch the ball on the move he is always standing still and his body is always east/west. He is at his best playing direct. Who knows it can be also that he hardly gets to play with momentum and space but it all just looks wrong especially when he plays to the right.
Good observations.
The fact he hasn't been able to identify it himself and improve means he never will.

Some people are saying we will regret losing him, whereas I reckon teams are salivating coming up against him.

And we will too once we can move him on.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah you can rip into anyone except Burton the fkn koala.

When it comes to the NSW Cup centre, they blame the HB, the forwards, the backs, the crowd and their pets before rightly pointing out the dud is drowning.
I am just done defending them, they are simply not delivering as marquee players should. I've watched Korisau in a beaten team play to a much higher level.

The cattle around them isn't an excuse for their own sub standard individual performances.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The only thing Reed has that’s good is his passing game. He’s been a real disappointment in other areas. JMK had a better running game, would sniff out the odd try from dummy half and his defence was awesome. Reed also has a lot of errors in his game.
Truth, lafam. A rare commodity in here.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As well as forwards we need competition for spots so we have the option to drop Mahoney & Burton if they continue to dish up rubbish.

We need KO fully fit and we need a back up hooker aka Flanagan or Kurt Mann.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let’s be honest - JMK attacked very well and defended very well and steadily improved. He won our Peponis medal last year for crying out loud. He was never the issue

Weve brought in Reed and he has been disgustingly underwhelming to the point where were actually now poorer in the dummy half position

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I am just done defending them, they are simply not delivering as marquee players should. I've watched Korisau in a beaten team play to a much higher level.

The cattle around them isn't an excuse for their own sub standard individual performances.
I want the same thing from these "men" that I demand my boys in JRL... give me effort!

These neutered soft cocks haven't even got self respect to show some effort.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Good observations.
The fact he hasn't been able to identify it himself and improve means he never will.

Some people are saying we will regret losing him, whereas I reckon teams are salivating coming up against him.

And we will too once we can move him on.
Gus said it's not going to be a quick fix. The training and attitude seems to be an issue, you can't sack the coach is the effort isn't there. Changing the attitude will come after this disaster of a year and hopefully they come back to preseason with hunger to to experience this shit again.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Burton is possibly the worst six in the comp.

* No footwork
* No quick burst of speed to drag in defenders when playing first receiver
* No short passing game
* General kicking game is below average
* Zero vision. Just doesn't see the game as a half.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus said it's not going to be a quick fix. The training and attitude seems to be an issue, you can't sack the coach is the effort isn't there. Changing the attitude will come after this disaster of a year and hopefully they come back to preseason with hunger to to experience this shit again.
Gus has said a lot of things that are proven as total bullshit. Keep eating brother

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
All due respect bro but it's the coaches job to make sure they put in effort.

They can't and don't respect the assistant and I don't blame them, but the "players" can get fucked too.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never forget - Gus voluntarily topped up this guys contract to try and big note himself
Taking a chance with him was not the problem. We had to try something.

But resigning him on big $$ when it was clear as daylight that he wasn't gonna cut it was just plain stupidity.

Guys like AReynolds, Hunt, DCE, Munster, Moses etc have all come off contract in that time, yet we put all our eggs into the Burton basket.

Well not me.....Gus and the coaches....

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
most players would turn to shit at this club..were lucky theyre not talking loudly about relegation..were not up to 1st grade standard and it would be hard to argue against it.
Lol what a ripper name my friend....

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let’s be honest - JMK attacked very well and defended very well and steadily improved. He won our Peponis medal last year for crying out loud. He was never the issue

Weve brought in Reed and he has been disgustingly underwhelming to the point where were actually now poorer in the dummy half position
I can't agree fully here.
JMK simply learnt how to play in the shit Bulldogs way. He had his best year last year but prior to that was putrid.

Reed comes with a skill set that is befitting for a team that is moving up in numbers and support playing. He has huge enthusiasm in defence and highly alert and highly involved.

His desire to get involved too much can be a weakness if he doesn't get the right support tacklers.

Put Reed into a Penrith system and he becomes one of the best hookers in the game. He needs a team rolling forward.

Even in the few minutes I watched him today, his passing game is crisp.

The concern is we may not play well as a team for him to shine.

We are just a really bad team and poorly coached