Burton is not worth big dollars

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton confuses the hell out of me, usually his kicking game is the only play making he has, today that was rubbish but then he delivered some decent passing to put people into space, his running game is either full on or non existent

The DoggFather

RIP HABS
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Burton confuses the hell out of me, usually his kicking game is the only play making he has, today that was rubbish but then he delivered some decent passing to put people into space, his running game is either full on or non existent
His best skill is running but we never see it. He is lethal when running.

Apart from some awesome grubbers now and then, his general kicking game is rubbish

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
To summarise Burton:

1. He's a better player when he's ball running and reacting
2. Ciraldo needs to stop making Burton try control everything as he's not capable in doing so. Let Sexton kick more inside opp 40m.
3. His defence is shit and needs massive improvement
4. Crichton should be goal kicker over him next year.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
To summarise Burton:

2. Ciraldo needs to stop making Burton try control everything as he's not capable in doing so. Let Sexton kick more inside opp 40m.
Centre of the year should be playing centre

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
To summarise Burton:

Pretty much hit the nail on the head. Although his goal kicking is getting better.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I too think his goal kicking is improving. He put in some good long kicks today deep into the oppositions half.
Yes he threw some decent pass's today, thats his job.
I cant get past him kicking out on the full when kicking for touch. I say this because he has done it several times in the past and he is still doing it. Id be surprised if he doesnt do it more than any other player. We basically have the advantage and he hands the ball straight back to the opposition, its rediculous. We are a shit team, we cant afford the luxury of just giving the opposition the ball.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is a 7/10 five eight. That is not good enough to be competitive in the nrl. He needs to lift his game big time and stop having 1 good game out of 5 all season.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Coach needs to tell him the news in the off season that he won't be first choice 5/8th next year. Hopefully he'll ask for a release to join the tigers.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You guys underestimate how bad a team environment and coach like this can be for a young player.

Burton has all the tools. The sort of player we will come to regret if we let him go. And he’s a 6, not a centre. He needs experience alongside him because he is not yet experienced enough to be a team’s dominant half. It’s that simple.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Said it last week said it every week. Burton is shit be one of the worst if not the worst 6 in the comp

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He's not worth little dollars either.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
based on this year 500K is a lot for Burton - he is a 450K centre.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
he came with so many flaws but has regressed incredibly in the last 6 months, at this point it would be a positive if he just played like he did last year

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
$750K a season.
I think he would get that at a few other clubs.
Plus he's on the field.
Compare his value for money to Thompson for example.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
I can’t recall another player not finding touch on penalties as often as he did this year.

we’re fucked if he’s supposed to steer the ship next year. Has zero direction or authority on the field. Good centre. Average half.