Tpj to retire from nrl

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a waste of talent. I doubt boxing is a successful option and he will probably get a smallish opportunity contract somewhere else down the track - likely to succeed if he is playing an impact role. Whatever anyone says he is our only current NRL standard middle.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those wishing this happened a month ago so we could of had a better chance of signing Tino or Haas crack me up

They were never leaving !! … just playing the game and adding a few extra zeros ..

The real story here is who are the Bronco’s prepared to lose, they’ll need to also fight off clubs from offering Mam, Cobbo and Walsh big money soon, they have some genuine young talent at that club, they’ll need to free up money and wont be able to keep them all .. that’s what our recruitment needs to be all over ..

Also would like to know who Gould really flew to the Gold Coast to meet with .. Titans might need to lose one or 2 as well, and as we know Hasler’s brilliant at moving on future stars ..

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
am I right in thinking Bryce Cartwright is available? For the right coin he could fit in well in our squad….

next year might be another right off.Our “stars” will be older and less helpful getting new guys over.

I would go all out in 2024 and get JoeyManu (fb or five eighth)
Do mean add Cartwright to our current players who like to pat the opposition on the back as they go pass them to score a try.

He will fit right when he was a gold coast I can't remember a player running away opposition to tackle like he did.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a waste of talent. I doubt boxing is a successful option and he will probably get a smallish opportunity contract somewhere else down the track - likely to succeed if he is playing an impact role. Whatever anyone says he is our only current NRL standard middle.
He should kick arse in NSW cup this week then

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Those wishing this happened a month ago so we could of had a better chance of signing Tino or Haas crack me up

They were never leaving !! … just playing the game and adding a few extra zeros ..

The real story here is who are the Bronco’s prepared to lose, they’ll need to also fight off clubs from offering Mam, Cobbo and Walsh big money soon, they have some genuine young talent at that club, they’ll need to free up money and wont be able to keep them all .. that’s what our recruitment needs to be all over ..

Also would like to know who Gould really flew to the Gold Coast to meet with .. Titans might need to lose one or 2 as well, and as we know Hasler’s brilliant at moving on future stars ..
Yeah I agree, Broncos can’t re sign Payne for the biggest deal in Broncos history and not lose players

Titans can’t re sign both Fifta and Tino on massive deals and apparently still have money to get Ben Hunt and not expect to lose players

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There can be a lot of money in boxing Paul Gallen reportly made 25 million.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I agree, Broncos can’t re sign Payne for the biggest deal in Broncos history and not lose players

Titans can’t re sign both Fifta and Tino on massive deals and apparently still have money to get Ben Hunt and not expect to lose players
But they have so far things won't come out until the offseason and the next year cap when it comes into effect.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

The titans are screwed, the Broncos will be too with Mam on 240k and Walsh on 450, both will want triple that

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There is some proper shit left on the market for 2024. Don't be surprised to see names like seyfarth, maclean, brodie jones at our once proud club in 2024

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
TPJ no real loss to us due to his current attitude/ill discipline.

It's right in CC's wishes to rid the team of lazy shysters.

As far as money for recruitment: it is what it is and up to Gus to make it happen.

We await the next drama at the Dogs :grinning: