Rumour Watson ?

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It all depends on the $$. If they are on a low salary as squad players it’s good I suppose. Strange days with these three signings, if true. I need to think it over. I do like Watson though. Let’s just hope he gets a good injury free run.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Somebody needs a hug :tearsofjoy:

What's your grand plan expert?
I already threw out names in recent years and the club didn't pick up any of the players. I ain't creating another fantasy scenario in my head and would much prefer to talk shit on the internet thankyou very much.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is an increased cap bro 250k is close to minimum for a depth player. These buys are cheaper than some of the current crop of useless ***** we have
Gus said recently we have 2M for 2024. Seems he's already spent more than half of it and we still need to fill a few places in the top 30. Would take at least 1M to sign Tino. If we can get him plus these others signings then great but I hope we don't sign these depth guys at the sacrifice of signing someone who would really make a difference to our pack. Gus raves on about development. That's supposed to provide depth.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this rules out Sullivan with Salmon coming.
I think we can rule out Haas too,going by Gus’s comments regarding anyone that signs Haas,won’t win the comp.
I doubt that would go down well with Payne..lol
Surely Taafe is signed for FB.
Another Gus comment stating that Crighton never had FB in his contract ..
Crighton at centre would be the best scenario for us.
Even better would be for Burton to join him in the centres and put KO and Sexton in the halves
How does that team look with Tak so far,holding up the front row with TPJ or King ??
That is an 8 team surely
You had me at Burton to centre....

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like Watson as a 14/13 but we've also already signed 2 utilities
Nothing wrong with utility players .... especially players of decent quality.

Strengthening the top 30 is a must considering how poorly we have coped with injuries this season ... we have been found out for depth big time.

People on here rate some of our current backup's WAY higher than i do.

ONE reason for our poor form of late is that we have quite a few players who know they are not wanted. With the team being out of the race many are marking time.

The fact that many of these players are ordinary exacerbates things.

Not a great environment... but this culling NEEDS to happen.

I am VERY happy with the club's direction ... i can see a very good team in the not distant future.

Let the bagging commence in relation to my last comment :grinning:

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Interchange must be getting reduced further and game speeding up. We keep signing smaller players.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we don’t land 1 alpha male prop then yeh fuck off. These guys are depth and I think I’d replacing guys like waddle, Okonbor, Flanagan etc then cool. Someone needs to replace Thompson and his pay packet.

Tino or Haas is a must for me unless someone like afb becomes available?
Totally agree. SST and Knight aren't enough. SST left Australia in the first place because he had multiple injuries and he felt his body was done. How's he gonna cope with our hard training at his age ? Hope he aint coming for a well paid holiday. I'd rather spend 1M on young and fit Tino than half of it on SST. If we can afford both though even better. Haas also for 2025 (replacing TPJ) even better again.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Overrated because fans think he's worth over a million dollars.
No forward is worth over a million a season.

Haas is easily the best prop in the world though & has the potential to be the best ever.