Liam Knight?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not going to write anyone off before they play a game for us. I honestly don't watch enough of any of our opponents to be able to get a sense of how good one of their reserves is. But we have in the past signed plenty of diamonds in the rough and turned them into stars. Not saying Knight will be, but King and Preston weren't rated when we signed them and have been two of our best.

Alternatively TPJ came with a cloud ️ f expectation and has disappointed. Just wait and see before you spit the dummy.
King, Knight we have a chess ♟️ team cos the rest are pawns and the coaches playing checkers

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not what I was hoping for.
EQW signed from Broncos, looks far off NRL level.
Toby Sexton has been solid so far, but still a reserve grader a most other clubs inclufing the lowly Titans.
Liam Knight is injury prone and his highlight reel is shorter than RFM, Sutton, Morrin, and possibly Pele. Might be a bit longer than Patolo and Edwards.
Pehram "hes not a fullback' signed over Avo and 18yr old KO 'hes a lock' playing 6 in the NRL.
The club is in disarray.

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good luck to him. I've had enough of being outmuscled in the forwards

He is a big body, get's a chance, and he is available THIS weekend.

I'm hoping both Knight and Hughes are in the 17 this week and they both grab the chance

Let's see how he goes first before we crucify him
Exactly, I’m sure Knight would be the first to admit that he’s not a world beater but we need forwards. He’s got size, which we need in spades and if he’s ready to put in for the Club I’m more than happy to have him. Plus he’s had a bit of a rocky life and I’m a sucker for redemption stories.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly, I’m sure Knight would be the first to admit that he’s not a world beater but we need forwards. He’s big, we need in spades and if he’s ready to put in for the Club I’m more than happy to have him. Plus he’s had a bit of a rocky life and I’m a sucker for redemption stories.
It's better than the club sitting on its hands, feeling sorry for itself over a lack of forwards. To me, this shows we are doing something about our forward problem.

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's better than the club sitting on its hands, feeling sorry for itself over a lack of forwards. To me, this shows we are doing something about our forward problem.
100%. Everyone knows we need an elite prop but we also need solid middles willing to work. He is obviously in the latter category but so what? I’m stoked with this signing.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am just glad it's not another outside back. Taaffe or however you spell it is no doubt signed as well.

What the hell has happened to Sutton? 8 rounds of being the only prop ruin him for the year?

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m happy with signing. Actually thought couple years ago, he was a very decent player. Anyone better than playing Okunbor in forwards

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is he signed until the end of the season only or has he been given a 3 year deal, where he will be released midway through the 2024 season?
We probably only wanted him for 1 year, he probably wanted 2-3, but Gus probably signed him for 4 as a sweetener!

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
But but… didn’t Josh Reynolds sacrifice his spot for Toby??

see how that was a lie?
Official NRL top30 list shows Dogs now have 31 with Liam Knight so maybe someone else has secretly retired???