WORST GOAL LINE DEFENCE I'VE EVER SEEN

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We get dominated through the middle and in the ruck. Which allows opposition teams to get quick play the ball.
Fun fact we actually made more metres per set and had a faster play the ball today

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We have to move all these f..kers on. And Gus says we're not signing anyone external at the moment because we're looking at our current players. F..king LOL. How much more shit does he need to see ?

Are we seriously considering re-signing any of our players off contract ?
I'd assume Gus said that to stick up for the current players because everyone knows if you don't get into the market asap after November hits almost everything is gone for the following year half way through the next year. Saying that I'm a little confused with the lack of recruitment and I'd assume we've missed out on a lot of targets behind the scenes.

The assistant came out and said he's really impressed with Okunbor in the second row and can't wait to see him after a pre season so yes we're probably extending some duds...

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
This is why when you guys are chasing Haas and Tino for 1 mil,
I’m looking at the next tolman for 200k
Agreed nasheed

We lost Tolman and then Jackson in consecutive seasons. They were the chiefs of our defence. Great communicators which we are currently absent of that’s why we getting cricket scores put on us weeek after week. That, and bad coaching

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Agreed nasheed

We lost Tolman and then Jackson in consecutive seasons. They were the chiefs of our defence. Great communicators which we are currently absent of that’s why we getting cricket scores put on us weeek after week. That, and bad coaching
Wow Nasheed has actually spoken some sense for a change

Imagine this scenario, we swap Scott Sorensen for Okunbor our defense improves over night.

We swap Mitch Barnett for Topine again the defense improves over night.

There are plenty of 'money ball' options that could improve the defense.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's probably a cleansing going right through the playing group. It's why Gus is accumulating every opportunity to overhaul every grade and position possible.
Defence is about attitude and everyone contributing. I can't recall Brisbane scoring many true rugby league tries today. Most where soft zero fucks given gifts by our defence.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fun fact we actually made more metres per set and had a faster play the ball today
And missed 12 less tackles and 6 less ineffective tackles all while making 96 more tackles. The kicking stats were pretty bad against us (kick defusal was 55%/92% against us, which I’m guessing is catching it on the full)

I’d like to see the stat for the number of times one of our players lay on the ground after making a tackle while we were short at marker. Too lazy to get up, too lazy/inept to work the tackle to allow defenders to get up, too lazy/inept to make sure the ball carrier is on their back, too lazy/inept to check we are covered at marker

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Burton.
We've only missed 9 tackles all half.

That tells you all you need to know. Silly ***** on the edge plant their feet and turn in to give away the overlap.
Or Burton gets hit as a spot player for a quick play the ball.
He missed 5 himself today

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
And missed 12 less tackles and 6 less ineffective tackles all while making 96 more tackles. The kicking stats were pretty bad against us (kick defusal was 55%/92% against us, which I’m guessing is catching it on the full)

I’d like to see the stat for the number of times one of our players lay on the ground after making a tackle while we were short at marker. Too lazy to get up, too lazy/inept to work the tackle to allow defenders to get up, too lazy/inept to make sure the ball carrier is on their back, too lazy/inept to check we are covered at marker
Burton has no urgency after making a tackle. Sits n watches the next play.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But you don't have to be a special player to defend adequately usually. We're vulnerable to virtually every trick of the trade. We'd get thrashed in a game of touch footy even. Most coaches and commentators say defence is about attitude so our attitude must be shit
Defence is about attitude when you have the right technique and IQ.

If you don't the right technique and IQ, it doesn't matter how much attitude you have, you'll get lapped.

And that's us..
We dont go out there to purposely miss that many tackles and concede so many points.

In fact, throughout most of the season is rate our attitude as quite high.

But it's our defence technique and IQ as footy players that is rotten to the core.

And that can only be fixed be an overhaul of the defensive tactics used at training and increase in footy IQ.

In other words, new players.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Defence is about attitude when you have the right technique and IQ.

If you don't the right technique and IQ, it doesn't matter how much attitude you have, you'll get lapped.

And that's us..
We dont go out there to purposely miss that many tackles and concede so many points.

In fact, throughout most of the season is rate our attitude as quite high.

But it's our defence technique and IQ as footy players that is rotten to the core.

And that can only be fixed be an overhaul of the defensive tactics used at training and increase in footy IQ.

In other words, new players.
We’ve conceded 142pts in 3 games since our last bye. That’s 25 tries…a try every 9.6 minutes. And that’s against the knights, a heavily depleted south’s and a heavily depleted broncos.

He’s lost the dressing room, I’m convinced of it

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There's probably a cleansing going right through the playing group. It's why Gus is accumulating every opportunity to overhaul every grade and position possible.
Defence is about attitude and everyone contributing. I can't recall Brisbane scoring many true rugby league tries today. Most where soft zero fucks given gifts by our defence.
You say this but okunbor is still here because of ghoul

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We’ve conceded 142pts in 3 games since our last bye. That’s 25 tries…a try every 9.6 minutes. And that’s against the knights, a heavily depleted south’s and a heavily depleted broncos.

He’s lost the dressing room, I’m convinced of it
I think the players dont give a fuck about him

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disgusting defence. It’s actually embarrassing how bad they can be. I stupidly decided to go to the game before my daughter’s birthday. I thought it would be a good pre game warm up for the party of screaming kids :tearsofjoy: I would have rather listened to screaming kids instead…

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The quick-fix option, would be to sign a bunch of busted over the hill forwards like Tiger... aka Klemmer, Bateman, etc. How is that working for them? Or sign players who only come for the cash, ie Papaalii.

It's a fine line recruitment between going backwards and going in the right direction. Once a club loses it's aura it is incredibly difficult to get back.

We've completely lost the aura, the fact the opposition knows they're in for a tough game. They walk into Belmore and it's usually a gift two points without having to try too hard.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 tries from dummy-half LOL

Any C grade team could defend their line better than us WTF. We can't defend one single set of 6 on our line. What a joke.

How are we so so bad with Ciraldo being the former defence coach for the best in the NRL ?

Are they just f..king dumb and don't understand his systems ? Can it really be that hard ?

We need to score 60 points a game if this is the way we defend.

Sack our D coach and hire Holbrook. Get Tino. He'll help
When you have a plan your challenge is getting thru to the players some of which are young and CC is not getting through to them and that's on him not the players. Holbrook is plan B