Skelton

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
EQW definitely not ready for 1st grade, needs to work on his D big time … was an odd choice considering he was playing QCup a month ago … no pre-season, not a lot of time training with the team .. his lateral movement and speed didn’t look natural, thinking he’s carrying a knee injury, one knee was strapped .. his stats prove he has some skills, hopefully a work in progress and good depth player for us in small amounts while he adjusts to the speed and defence of 1st grade ..

I do love the way TK have their favourites, until they crash and burn and the player bashing starts of cause …. Skelton came in fresh for what, 16 minutes at the end of the game, and he’s getting 5 pages of huge wraps? … gifted Souths a try with his first touch and of the back of a Burton break he continued it running into a spread defensive line when they eventually got the ball out wide to him .. if he’d of just ran straight and hard he should of scored, but unfortunately bungled it. Interested to see how he goes with more time, certainly getting the love, let’s see how long that lasts ..

Really like Wilson but he’s got a bad habit of ball watching when defending our line which let in a couple of try’s … looks like he’s going to be another good one for us, like most of our team he’s another one that needs more D work ..

I like all these kids and I hope they do well for us, I’m just saying it might be good not to over hype them till we see how they go in a full game, see how they go defensively .. hope they all do well.

Over all, the Gould haters have got to admit that he’s finding us some rough diamonds … bit more polishing especially their D and we’ll have some great young talent coming through for us.
Nah pass on EQW

He gives me Darryl Millard vibes .

If he works on his defence , you could cop him as a back up but should not be considered first choice.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That first touch was expected for someone who’s never played FG.
FG players compete in every play. He’ll learn from that.
his second touch?
…well, that made my dick move.
Problem is, those type of bad first touches in 1st grades are only ever acceptable from TK kiss asses when they have preconceived notions of who they decide are their favourites, but they’re frowned upon from players that aren’t, you may have had a small dick movement like most on here after 16 lousy minutes of the end of a game … let’s see how it stays up after 70 or 80 minutes, let’s see a bit of defensive work against good teams like some other rookies have had to endure, and how he goes with the week in week out 1st grade grind ..

Last edited:

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
EQW definitely not ready for 1st grade, needs to work on his D big time … was an odd choice considering he was playing QCup a month ago … no pre-season, not a lot of time training with the team .. his lateral movement and speed didn’t look natural, thinking he’s carrying a knee injury, one knee was strapped .. his stats prove he has some skills, hopefully a work in progress and good depth player for us in small amounts while he adjusts to the speed and defence of 1st grade ..

I do love the way TK have their favourites, until they crash and burn and the player bashing starts of cause …. Skelton came in fresh for what, 16 minutes at the end of the game, and he’s getting 5 pages of huge wraps? … gifted Souths a try with his first touch and of the back of a Burton break he continued it running into a spread defensive line when they eventually got the ball out wide to him .. if he’d of just ran straight and hard he should of scored, but unfortunately bungled it. Interested to see how he goes with more time, certainly getting the love, let’s see how long that lasts ..

Really like Wilson but he’s got a bad habit of ball watching when defending our line which let in a couple of try’s … looks like he’s going to be another good one for us, like most of our team he’s another one that needs more D work ..

I like all these kids and I hope they do well for us, I’m just saying it might be good not to over hype them till we see how they go in a full game, see how they go defensively .. hope they all do well.

Over all, the Gould haters have got to admit that he’s finding us some rough diamonds … bit more polishing especially their D and we’ll have some great young talent coming through for us.
You need to wear your glasses when you watch the game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need to wear your glasses when you watch the game
Well Mr Kung fu man … we seem to differ in both philosophy’s and opinions ..

1) I’ve always preferred to practice Wing Chun …
2) Aside from the fact you think I should wear glasses .. you offer next to zero reasons why you disagree with what I said ..

So your comment meant .. nada ..

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently Mason gave him a massive pep talk before the game cos he thought he was making his debut and CC was like Wtf are you doing he’s not playing lol, funnily enough he ended up debuting

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Apparently Mason gave him a massive pep talk before the game cos he thought he was making his debut and CC was like Wtf are you doing he’s not playing lol, funnily enough he ended up debuting
Mason doesn't even know who's playing, wtf is he there for? :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
EKW is underdone.
Skelton has the advantage of more NSW Cup time with us and learning our structures and attitude.
My personal opinion on EKW is unless he can improve his speed, he is too slow for a Centre.
What his ball handling skills are like, determines his optimal position, as he is 6'3 and 96kg according to ZT stats.
Skelton is the same height yet 104kg, bigger than Waddel, Topine, Thompson, Sutton, and Preston.
This suggests to me at least, that EKW with an off-season bulking up and working on forward pack plays could be a decent forward.
Only Cockupher, Kikau, and Hughes are taller and heavier than Skelton, with the rest either the same height or shorter!
Skelton is a monster with that size, speed, and step.
I’d like to see Skelton used like okonbor is currently. Off the bench as a 14. It would be an upgrade in that role. Obviously he would need to work on that in the offseason

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was a little bit disappointed with Skelton today

Looked lethargic and disinterested. Didn’t go looking for work like a big body winger should

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was screaming after the Wilson intercept to get the ball to him