Skelton

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dont really think we need Taafe. He is rocks or diamonds as well. We can develop what we have.
fullback is the least of our problems we can easily have crighton, Wilson or Papalii to play there next year and beyond

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dogs coaches seem to lack the ability be able to teach defence to outside backs - whether it be Averillo Alamoti in previous years Reimis Smith now Skelton.

What do Melbourne do to be able to get Warbrick n Reimis Smith to be able to defend - get it done with Skelton - he has so much upside when running the ball but is a target defensively

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a bit surprised Skelton hasn't been used in the backrow in NSW Cup. We are probably still letting him transition to league in a more familiar role, but he could easily be a backrower. Could play on the edge, or I can even see him being a sort of slightly smaller version of Brad Clyde with the way he runs. The versatility would make him a great bench asset and allow us to play another 14 or an extra forward on the bench. I hope Ciraldo sees it the same cause I'd hate to lose him and our outside backs are pretty stacked next year. He'll end up a regular first grader somewhere.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think CC is actually developing and shaping Skelton time will tell.

Reactions: CCC

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Plainly Skelton is not ready for the NRL defence requirements and the Coaching staff are working hard on it with him. Starting with centre/wing and I suspect back rower eventually, but only when he has proven that he is ready.

Always a Bulldog

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Plainly Skelton is not ready for the NRL defence requirements and the Coaching staff are working hard on it with him. Starting with centre/wing and I suspect back rower eventually, but only when he has proven that he is ready.

Always a Bulldog
Gus sees him as a centre. Going into the year our centre stocks looked good but at this time and looking towards next year it's anything but that. I think wing will be his worst position out of the 3.