News Bulldogs v Knights: RFM bouncing back; Fitzgibbon on track

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wins have been hard to come by for the Bulldogs and Knights with both sides losing four of their past five matches.

The finals already look to have slipped away for 2023 but finishing the year strong will be a priority for Cameron Ciraldo at the Bulldogs and Adam O'Brien in Newcastle.

The Knights had a golden opportunity to knock off a Panthers side missing five Origin stars in Round 17 but were unable to get the job done and now find themselves five points outside the top eight with games against the Storm, Raiders, Rabbitohs and Sharks still to come.

The Bulldogs face an extremely tough month ahead with games against the Rabbitohs, Broncos and Panthers after this week's home clash against the Knights.

That home ground advantage at Accor Stadium could be worth its weight in gold given the Knights have won just one away game all season, a 14-12 win over Wests Tigers at Leichhardt Oval back in Round 2.

Team News
Bulldogs: Raymond Faitala-Mariner played his first game in over a month last week in NSW Cup, after being sidelined with illness, and he could come into the selection frame this week. Fellow forward Harrison Edwards is also a chance of returning from concussion. It remains to be seen if there will be any other unforced changes following a 48-10 defeat to the Sharks in Round 16.

Knights: Back-rower Lachlan Fitzgibbon is set to be available after a week out with concussion, with youngster Dylan Lucas likely to make way if he does return. Coach Adam O'Brien is otherwise expected to keep a settled line-up following his side's 20-12 defeat at the hands of Penrith.

Stat Attack
  • Knights wingers Dom Young (16) and Greg Marzhew (10) have scored 26 tries between them this season compared to 12 for Bulldogs wingers Josh Addo-Carr (8) and Jacob Kiraz (4).
  • No team has conceded more penalties this year than the Bulldogs, who on average are pinged 6.7 times per game.
  • Led by Greg Marzhew and Dane Gagai, who have 184 tackle breaks between them, the Knights have been excellent at forcing missed tackles this year, averaging 38.8 tackle busts a game.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
1. Wilson
2. JAC
3. Alamoti
4. Kiraz
5. Skelton
6. Burton
7. Oloapu
8. TPJ
9. Mahoney
10. King
11. Preston
12. Topine
13. Edwards

14. Rajab
15. Morrin
16. Pele
17. RFM

Something like that or riot.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we can get bench to be
RFM
Harrison
Morrin
Pele for three minutes
We are capable of beating Newcastle and south’s to continue our top 8 false truths ambitions.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we can get bench to be
RFM
Harrison
Morrin
Pele for three minutes
We are capable of beating Newcastle and south’s to continue our top 8 false truths ambitions.
South’s are out of form as they were earlier in the year so we have to do our duty once again and get them back into form so I doubt it.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ciraldo ain’t that incompetent surely.
But I have to say our spine and bench need an overhaul.
Still not convinced by olapau at all.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know why the beast Skelton can’t crack first grade ?
Exemption or not the coaches pet?

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Wilson
2. JAC
3. Alamoti
4. Kiraz
5. Skelton
6. Burton
7. Oloapu
8. TPJ
9. Mahoney
10. King
11. Preston
12. Topine
13. Edwards

14. Rajab
15. Morrin
16. Pele
17. RFM

Something like that or riot.
I like the look of your side but I don’t think Avo gets dropped for Skelton. Somehow Okunbor is a Ciraldo favourite so I would be surprised if he drops out of the squad altogether for Topine who is obviously out of favour.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we lose this the spoon is ours. Let’s hope we aim up

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I like the look of your side but I don’t think Avo gets dropped for Skelton. Somehow Okunbor is a Ciraldo favourite so I would be surprised if he drops out of the squad altogether for Topine who is obviously out of favour.
I don't see the point in playing Averillo since he's going next year anyways and there isn't a realistic chance we'll make the 8, time to prepare for next year imo. I'm fully expecting Baz to pick all of his favourites.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Knights couldn’t beat the Panthers with a huge 5 of their superstars missing, if we cant beat them, the Rabbits, Bronco’s Panthers games over the next few weeks are going to be hell to watch ..