Opinion Crichton the Slug

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
100% to this.

Don't think the coverage showed it but I wonder if any Blues (fast ones, such as Foxx) bothered to support up the middle to give Critta the option of a kick inside...or did they just jog along cheering him on. Meh, probably would've knocked it on anyway.
Noticed that also. Maroon jerseys but no blue ones chasing along in camera shot.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
True but the difference is they have someone like Munster who can go to fullback with Hunt to the halves and more interchangeable parts in their team.

Either way you're absolutely right that Fittler could have easily used Murray/Martin/Young in the centres and it wouldn't have been as bad.
To be fair mate in Game 1 QLD had both Fifita and Ben Hunt playing in the centres at different times due to injurys, HIA and sinbins but they were able to adapt being out of position and down an a player on the bench.

soc123_au

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ha ha, there are some seriously shit takes in this thread. As mentioned DCE had a massive head start, and in 6 pages only one mention of the pretty sweet play to even have the ball in his hands. Some of you dipshits get all your opinions from listening to flogs like Hooper & Crawley, use your eyes ffs.

Critta is a gun, you fuckers should be grateful he is going there to help drag you out of the shit you are in.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ha ha, there are some seriously shit takes in this thread. As mentioned DCE had a massive head start, and in 6 pages only one mention of the pretty sweet play to even have the ball in his hands. Some of you dipshits get all your opinions from listening to flogs like Hooper & Crawley, use your eyes ffs.

Critta is a gun, you fuckers should be grateful he is going there to help drag you out of the shit you are in.
Pls keep him

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I wish we could, salary cap and all that though.
Just give us Lindsay Smith and we'll pay some of Crichtons deal so he can stay with you, deal?

soc123_au

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just give us Lindsay Smith and we'll pay some of Crichtons deal so he can stay with you, deal?
I'd go along with that. Smith is going to be a very good player I reckon, but we are pretty good for middles.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'd go along with that. Smith is going to be a very good player I reckon, but we are pretty good for middles.
He has been so good for you guys the last few weeks, hope he gets good minutes again this week because I'm short SC players and need to play him lol.

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
DCE ain’t slow. He’s scored heaps of long range tries for Manly. Add the start he had and running on an angle

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 74599

Not bad for a slug….
Let’s put this into perspective, puffer
These are the only 5 players who I saw running in clear air on the night, so this doesn’t mean he’s faster than the other outside backs who played on the night who aren’t listed. In reality, he would be the slowest as the above shows he’s only a smidgen faster than DCE and Munster, but several yards slower than hammer and Coates.

In summarisation, the telstra tracker supports the conclusion I reached on the night. He’s not fast, and dare I say it, quite sluggish for a fullback proposition

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not sure what the circumstances where in that play but Crichton is not slow. Maybe he was slower than normal maybe he was exhausted maybe he ate a dodgy curry before the game ... who knows but last year he was clocked at 37.4 KM/H and registered one of the fastest times, i think only Dom Young, Saab and the Foxx have registered a faster time.
Those are wrong according to Kennel experts.

Even though everyone else in the top ten for top speed are known or speed, if it's someone you dont like its wrong lol

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Those are wrong according to Kennel experts.

Even though everyone else in the top ten for top speed are known or speed, if it's someone you dont its wrong lol
I've run faster, it's not that big a deal.