Official Dolphins scoop up averillo for three years

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lmfao at the reddit dumb **** takes. Making out Avo is a gun centre hahaha fucking clowns.

I really don’t care, we have plenty of good centres. I even rate Burns better. He’s actually become a very good player, just needs to stay on the field. Then there’s Alamoti, Xerri, Gabrael… the list goes on.

chuckynemo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Big deal. He’s had 1 or 2 good moments out of his years being here. We haven’t made the top 8 with him so why is everyone complaining. He’s very average and easily replaceable.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dont think he is worth 450k - what bothers me is two months ago ciraldo was spruiking averillo as an elite centre - so what has changed - failed as a coach, talking more crap - elite centres are worth 450k.

re alamoti - only scratching the surface - not improving - poor coaching or more crap talk

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Maybe if he wanted to stay so bad when offered to look elsewhere, why did he bother looking? If he wants to be here so bad why not just re-sign. No one’s bagging him out for taking more money are they? If they told him to jump
off a cliff would he?
You expect him to not look elsewhere when the club indicates he is not a priority by telling him to look elsewhere? Come on, fam. That makes no sense. Any player in his shoes would do the same.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
WE OFFERED HIM A CONTRACT! Can people get the fuck over it. He took the money and ran. Fucks sake!
Gould comment about extraordinary opportunity -i read as he - Averillo - was offered much more than his worth by Dolphins.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is always a shame to lose a junior but Avo is hopefully the start of moving along those who aren’t up to it or what we need. I’m sure he got a good offer to go play up there. Hopefully the dolphin fans on here can go with him.
He doesn’t have Bulldog DNA. I’d say that’s why he’s been allowed to go. Good player on his day, but those days are few and far between. He’s had about 4 seasons to cement himself and is still not a very reliable and consistent player. Wayne Bennett is a knob if he’s gonna replace Aitken with him. I’d take him over Avo any day as he has the killer instinct we lack. Has scored some good tries this season through pure determination. The question is whether he’ll do that for another coach, as he wasn’t as good the year prior for Warriors.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Considering all our cap space, and he’s one of our only attacking threats, there MUST be something in the works

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think it’s more reacting to not having faith in a junior who hasn’t been given a fair go, we all know barrett killed him. He stayed loyal and should have at least been repayed by the club. Plus he’s fast.
Dolphins offered him more than us. I agree that Baz didn’t help him but he not consistently performed in any position. His defence and avoiding contact has been an issue since he came into grade.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
If this means we are going to spend our money on some damaging forwards and a genuine no.7 then they can have Alamoti as well as Jake. We have plenty of backs. I even think Kiraz is a better Centre than he is a winger.
Yeah Kiraz centre Skelton wing or Wilson. There is a lot of options. Personally I hate seeing local juniors go but it’s one position we can cover IMO.