Official Dolphins scoop up averillo for three years

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cmon bro. Even if every other centre gets abducted by aliens he still won’t be a good enough defender for origin
Not if blind Freddy is still around just needs one good game before origin. Yeah but his defense is dog shit could be his downfall with Bennet.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100%. The over reaction to losing a centre. Which is probably the least important position in the modern game
I think it’s more reacting to not having faith in a junior who hasn’t been given a fair go, we all know barrett killed him. He stayed loyal and should have at least been repayed by the club. Plus he’s fast.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He’s a centre. He would have got a good offer. Good luck to him. Not sure overpaying in the centres is a good strategy, I reckon we should invest in a 7 and a middle. I reckon Gus has got this bro but your advice and support of Flanno I’m sure is having an impact
Then why did we sign Crichton.

We could have locked him up before he was even fielding offers. This is a massive fail by the club.

I have no confidence Gus has got this. He is signing idiot coaches to five year deals, letting local juniors go, paying overs for star signings who don't even address the key holes in our roster. Doesn't seem to me like he's got this at all.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Not if blind Freddy is still around just needs one good game before origin. Yeah but his defense is dog shit could be his downfall with Bennet.
You think Bennet would have signed him in the first place if he thought his defense was that big of an issue. Any centre is gonna struggle in d in our =team. Our defensive structures are chaos lol

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I laugh at people blaming the club “how dare you let a junior walk”. We hold them hostage do we? WE OFFERED HIM A CONTRACT. Dolphins offered more money and most likely a better lifestyle up there. Can you blame the kid? Good luck to him. He took the money and ran.

Be grateful Des isn’t still here. He would have offered him 800K and a 5 year deal. Overpaying average players is why we are in the mess we’re in!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
See ya bitch.
You better not learn to tackle before we play the Dolphins next season. You've been a soft cock in our defensive line all season.
I want to see Kikau & TPJ run over the top of you all game.
He'll put three or four tries on us as the Dolphins dump on us all game lololol

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
No wonder the mods ban you :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
Because I want to sack a coach who has his team conceding almost 30 points a game? Come, on....surely even you can see he's doing a shocking job. And Gus has become his enabler. They've both gotta go.

yearofthedogs2018

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This puzzles me because Ciraldo’s game plan at the start of the year was get the ball in Avo’s hands.

I reckon we bring on the new Ethan kid on Skelton now and look towards next year’s centre now because I’m not entirely convinced on the Alamoti x Xerri pairing yet.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I laugh at people blaming the club “how dare you let a junior walk”. We hold them hostage do we? WE OFFERED HIM A CONTRACT. Dolphins offered more money and most likely a better lifestyle up there. Can you blame the kid? Good luck to him. He took the money and ran.

Be grateful Des isn’t still here. He would have offered him 800K and a 5 year deal. Overpaying average players is why we are in the mess we’re in!
So us and Ciradlo are fixing that by signing Mahoney and Crichton on fullback money lololol

Could have probably signed Avo for what we offered if we acted early and didn't tell him to go negotiate with other clubs. This club is a joke.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Officially khoury thinks Jake averilo had limitations .
Me personally I think Webster if the defence (was defence coach of Penrith)
Ciraldo the players pet
Khoury lol
Blokes a blob sitting in an office
He will kill it. Good on him.

Dogs have no one to blame but themselves however I’m sure there’s a plan.

Drop him now and put Ethan Quai-Ward in if he’s the back up.
lol 23 yr old career qld cup signings by the scatter gun
Didnt he upgrade and extend him after he walked in the door too?

I think it’s more reacting to not having faith in a junior who hasn’t been given a fair go, we all know barrett killed him. He stayed loyal and should have at least been repayed by the club. Plus he’s fast.
This
Lodge and Perham in the centres next year. The smooth brainers on here will be happy.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
We got Māori All Stars rep player Perham. So don’t worry folks
Don't be so hard on Perham. The club is turning players into shit and when they prove otherwise they get dropped or signed up for another club. Can't remember DWZ playing the ball backwards since he left us

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This puzzles me because Ciraldo’s game plan at the start of the year was get the ball in Avo’s hands.

I reckon we bring on the new Ethan kid on Skelton now and look towards next year’s centre now because I’m not entirely convinced on the Alamoti x Xerri pairing yet.
Ala won't be one of our centres imo.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's a local junior with talent to burn. This is a disgrace from the club. can't believe you guys are defending this. Let go of talented juniors and keep signinmg overrated stars on overs. Great growth strategy.
WE OFFERED HIM A CONTRACT! Can people get the fuck over it. He took the money and ran. Fucks sake!

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yet another young junior released, and yet another signing that will come back to bite us in the arse. I swear this club never learns.

Instead we'll keep an adored Ciraldo Parra reject at fullback, and a 19 yr old centre with the lateral movement of a boat, the speed of a turtle, and turnstyle like defence.

and we wonder why we are in the ladder position we are in.

WE OFFERED HIM A CONTRACT! Can people get the fuck over it. He took the money and ran. Fucks sake!
He should have been re-signed months ago when he started to hit form, not waiting for other clubs to start offering contracts before we decided to counter offer. Was too late by then.

With Crichton, Skelton, Xerri, Alamoti, there was competition for a centre spot, but the club should have showed faith in him and signed him already.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We told him to go and negotiate with other clubs rather than locking him up early, then offered him less than what he had been offered elsewhere so those with blind loyalty could justify the club's decision to let him go by saying they offered him a contract. never had any intention of resigning him. the offer was all for PR. You don't tell players to go look elsewhere if you want to keep them. Avo's not an idiot. he would have realised that.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If he really wanted to stay with us his manager wouldn't have put such a high price on him.

Good luck to him, glad to see the club is getting back to a position of having juniors land rich contracts.

Anyone checked on @Critta Magic ?

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
When Dolphins have an awesome forward pack, they then set the platform for speedsters like Fidow and Averillo and they will flourish

Unfortunately in our system, Averillo is a massive defensive liability.. Best for him and the dogs that he left.

His replacements are better and stronger and suit our needs more.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We told him to go and negotiate with other clubs rather than locking him up early, then offered him less than what he had been offered elsewhere so those with blind loyalty could justify the club's decision to let him go by saying they offered him a contract. never had any intention of resigning him. the offer was all for PR. You don't tell players to go look elsewhere if you want to keep them. Avo's not an idiot. he would have realised that.
Maybe if he wanted to stay so bad when offered to look elsewhere, why did he bother looking? If he wants to be here so bad why not just re-sign. No one’s bagging him out for taking more money are they? If they told him to jump
off a cliff would he?