100% Footy - Luke Brooks

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What was more disturbing was Gould saying our young players are at least 3 years away from success at the top level and that he's not going to go to market for a "quick fix". I'd say that 10 year plan in looking pretty realistic. So glad I lived through the 80's TBA.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What was more disturbing was Gould saying our young players are at least 3 years away from success at the top level and that he's not going to go to market for a "quick fix". I'd say that 10 year plan in looking pretty realistic. So glad I lived through the 80's TBA.
I was lucky to see our great team in the 80's also, thank god!!

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s price dependent for me. Do I think brooks needs a change of scenery? Yes. Do I think the dogs are the right fit right now ? Maybe. Who knows? If he signs with us and we start competing regularly with teams above us rather than get pumped great. If he comes and we still suck well then he’s probably only taking flanagans money anyway (650k)

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not a popular opinion but i think Brooks would be a good option for the dogs. Burton and Brooks kicking games would hopefully make things a bit better. Regardless of who plays half unless the forwards can at least be competitive with n without the ball nothing much will change.

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For the right price, I would cautiously support a Brooks signing. I think he has more to him than he's showed at the Tigers, the last few years. He's been stuck in a club that have been horrendously mismanaged, with poor recruitment and terrible coaches. Since Benji has started calling more of the shots and they've improved their forward pack, Brooks has been looking better. He's an experienced half, which is what we need and there are very few on the market. I would still prefer Hunt for a couple of years but it sounds like he's heading home to QLD. That said, if we can't fix our pack, Brooks is just as likely to languish with us as he was with a poor Tigers side.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Listen, brooks is more of an organising 7 than anyone in our current stock. I for one wouldn’t mind him provided he comes at a decent price.
He knocked back $550k at the Tigers. Whatever he has been offered elsewhere is going to be more than that. Which is tooooo much!

Someone like Trindall would be cheaper and a game style to suit what we need.

Either way we need to invest heavily in our forwards

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
where can the 100% footy be watched?