Official Gus on Twitter

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind seeing us sign Hame Sele and Tyson Frizel who could play 13. We need at least 2 new tough forwards to stop other packs rolling through us
I've was told last week that we signed Sele as Souths weren't close to matching our offer and Parra pulled out when they got Ofahengue.. Although there's been no confirmation or report of it since then.. I assume it's still a done deal

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've was told last week that we signed Sele as Souths weren't close to matching our offer and Parra pulled out when they got Ofahengue.. Although there's been no confirmation or report of it since then.. I assume it's still a done deal
All good BTrain, most will take the data as an insight and consider sh!t can happen too, keep the good oil coming! I’m confident it will happen.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks BTrain. Good to hear. Parra's f..king stacked for middles somehow even though they have a pair of million dollar halves and close to a million dollar fullback. Their backrow wouldn't be cheap either. Their forwards would walk all over ours. We desperately need an upgrade to our middles. You would think the rumours of Gus chasing Haas are true. Wouldn't be until 2025 though. We need one or two for 2024

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind seeing us sign Hame Sele and Tyson Frizel who could play 13. We need at least 2 new tough forwards to stop other packs rolling through us
That would be good and we could likely get them and have 2-300K change from flanno and Thommo's contracts no being renewed

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Frizzel on 2 year contract prob akin to our signing of Brad Clyde (dont have a coronary haters :grinning:)....in so much as stiffening the defence, experience and a bit of a leader if he can transition to play frontrow on regular basis. I prefer Hughes/Morrin as development locks.

Gus will decide.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wasn't Clyde a bit younger tho? My concern though not huge is age and also a likely conversion to the middle..as said Gus will decide(assume CC has equal billing)but I'm not that keen personally.Sele looks a much better buy should that eventuate, still need/would love a weapon I.e Haas haha.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wasn't Clyde a bit younger tho? My concern though not huge is age and also a likely conversion to the middle..as said Gus will decide(assume CC has equal billing)but I'm not that keen personally.Sele looks a much better buy should that eventuate, still need/would love a weapon I.e Haas haha.
Clyde was 29 when he played for us. Frizell turns 32 this October. I'd rather develop Harrison Edwards than sign Frizell.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Frizzel on 2 year contract prob akin to our signing of Brad Clyde (dont have a coronary haters :grinning:)....in so much as stiffening the defence, experience and a bit of a leader if he can transition to play frontrow on regular basis. I prefer Hughes/Morrin as development locks.

Gus will decide.
For the right price, he would be a great addition

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Frizell would add experience and versatility, Clyde was a lock
We need a lock. We don't need edge forwards. Where do you think Frizell would play? Also we have enough experience. We need good players not experience.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We need a lock. We don't need edge forwards. Where do you think Frizell would play? Also we have enough experience. We need good players not experience.
"We need good players not experience" - thats it.

Between Morrin, Edwards, Alamoti n eventually Oloapu - there is a good 13 or more.

I believe the club needs at least one or two first carry middles.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Oh yes prefer Sele if that is in fact our signing.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Between Morrin, Edwards, Alamoti n eventually Oloapu - there is a good 13 or more.

Yeah I agree. We need 2 good props regardless of age or experience. Teams like the Panthers, Eels & Roosters have quality props on their bench.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

D'ya reckon Frizzell could handle f/r? Same size, or bigger, than Thommo?

Anyway prob not in Gus' plans really.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
D'ya reckon Frizzell could handle f/r? Same size, or bigger, than Thommo?

Anyway prob not in Gus' plans really.
IMHO If Frizelle came to the club to exclusively play in the middle and not be expected to play 80 minutes it could be positive as long as the $$ are manageable. Its not just about signing a player who they know can do a job - its the ripple effect on salary cap, top 30 spots, who doesnt get signed etc. Gould has alluded to the "balance" of quality players and the continued flow of developing players not taking up much salary cap.

Given recent form n selections i wonder if the players like Sutton/ RFM will be given the option to move on before contracts expire - seems Edwards, Morrin, Hughes, Patolo have a lot more to offer and on less coin.