News Sport Confidential: Bulldogs make a play to recruit Payne Haas

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Blow a million on Hass and our 23 and 18 year old halves can run the show. The two biggest issues for the past ten years have been lack of a hooker and halfback. First good hooker since Ennis 1 problem resolved, yet it has the feeling all over it we’re not going to sign a half. Cant win the comp without a halfback but it’s fine go blow more millions on fowards and when they injured we can blame why we aren’t competing on injuries beautfiul.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I know I’ll be in the minority here but I don’t want anymore 800k and over forwards. Considering haas would cost in excess of 1 mill probably closer to 1.2 I would much prefer we got two metre eaters worth $600k each. Our recent history of keeping big name players on the park hasn’t been great and I’d hate to have 1.2 sitting on the sideline with zero depth around them

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Taumololo was the best running round. Signed massive deal, now not the best running around. Haas is the best, in two years time another punk comes through and will be the best. I’m all for signing him but not on a long term deal. Two year deal, prove itself

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Because he wants other clubs to pay it lol. He would never give a prop that.
I dunno didn’t he upgrade and pay rcg something like 800k for 5 years? Haas is light years ahead.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Taumololo was the best running round. Signed massive deal, now not the best running around. Haas is the best, in two years time another punk comes through and will be the best. I’m all for signing him but not on a long term deal. Two year deal, prove itself
I dunno. Taumaolo provided amazing value for large amount of his deal in my opinion. He’s still a weapon. Just can’t punch 80 minutes now and injuries take its toll

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Probably be sitting on the sideline him and TPJ by round 3 knowing our luck.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I dunno didn’t he upgrade and pay rcg something like 800k for 5 years? Haas is light years ahead.
How much better is irrelevant. There are a number of props I'd pay 800k a season to but none a million plus. No team has ever won a comp paying a prop over 800k a season.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
How much better is irrelevant. There are a number of props I'd pay 800k a season to but none a million plus. No team has ever won a comp paying a prop over 800k a season.
First I’ll say no disrespect as your posts are usually pretty clean.

Though this one, I think that’s a pretty creative post.

1 no team has won a premiership with the current cap….

2 if you follow that logic when rcg was signed by Gus at panthers the cap was much smaller and 800k for 5 years for rcg is light years more insane $ and length than say 1.2 for haas in my books.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
First I’ll say no disrespect as your posts are usually pretty clean.

Though this one, I think that’s a pretty creative post.

1 no team has won a premiership with the current cap….

2 if you follow that logic when rcg was signed by Gus at panthers the cap was much smaller and 800k for 5 years for rcg is light years more insane $ and length than say 1.2 for haas in my books.
In his entire career Haas has 0 finals wins. Spending over a million a season on a prop is a recipe for disaster.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
In his entire career Haas has 0 finals wins. Spending over a million a season on a prop is a recipe for disaster.
This is my concern when people state elevating freak athletes above actual gods like Webcke, Lazarus etc.
The best of the best are measured largely by their impact in finals and origin

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Think it’s shifting again based on salary caps etc. anyway agree to disagree.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
How many props over 800k a season won the Dally M/went close. He's a freak and an outlier to the rule. He's worth 1m imo but we'd obviously have to pay more considering our situation and everything else considered.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
How many props over 800k a season won the Dally M/went close. He's a freak and an outlier to the rule.
Luke Brooks nearly won the Dally M. Individual awards mean nothing. Winning finals games is what matters.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Luke Brooks nearly won the Dally M. Individual awards mean nothing. Winning finals games is what matters.
Haas obviously the best prop in the game and you could debate all time already. That's more important than the Dally M of course. You couldn't say the same for Brooks at the time he won it. Also Bronco currently top 4 and we'd still have enough $ to sign an experienced 7 as well if 1 was available (e.g. Hunt) - for those worried about Haas almost getting the wooden spoon years ago while being their best player.

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Lolo was the best for a long time though

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Prefer a top halfback or fullback for any Haas money..

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah sure, Hass and why not just sign Cleary, hunt and munster while we're at it

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah sure, Hass and why not just sign Cleary, hunt and munster while we're at it
Haas coming off contract and we have an open cheque book and Hunt would have to agitate a release because of Griffin getting sacked/not wanting to rebuild at Dragon. Cleary and Munster locked up at top teams so silly comparison.