Ciraldo’s mid season report

2099Premiers

Waterboy
Reaction score
Your eyes must be fucking painted on if you think KO as green as he is, isn’t an improvement on flange.
I haven’t seen him draw and pass once. He just passes it on before the line. His running game is ok, but he hasn’t really threatened that much. His d has been good, but so was Flano’s. can you explain to me what he has done to make us better?

Our win against Melbourne is still the slickest our attack has looked all year.

I think he is probably a player with a big future ahead of him, but really don’t think he’s made much of a difference.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ciraldo gets a strong pass mark from me. His roster is better than we've had since Hasler was booted and we paid freight to get rid of our big names. But regardless of that he's actually improved players I'd almost lost all faith in. We still seem to have trouble building towards tries. We still have brain dead moments that kill our momentum. We still have stupid defensive lapses that hurt our chances of winning. But we don't always have the appearance that we've given up.

While the club hasn't been offering excuses for some losses, I actually think we'd be in the top 8 if referees hadn't screwed us on many occasions.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Should be 6 wins, 6 loses … most blatant ripoff of 2 points I’ve ever seen in over 50 years of watching rugby league … made even more blatant by no try obstruction calls I’ve seen since this one was allowed …

View attachment 72341

How could you put that down to refereeing incompetence when you look at where the ref is standing and how he’s bent intently watching and that it was sent up & reviewed by the bunker ?
When you look at the try we had disallowed against the Titans for "obstruction", this has to rate as one of the biggest Bunker mistakes of the century.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ciraldo gets a strong pass mark from me. His roster is better than we've had since Hasler was booted and we paid freight to get rid of our big names. But regardless of that he's actually improved players I'd almost lost all faith in. We still seem to have trouble building towards tries. We still have brain dead moments that kill our momentum. We still have stupid defensive lapses that hurt our chances of winning. But we don't always have the appearance that we've given up.

While the club hasn't been offering excuses for some losses, I actually think we'd be in the top 8 if referees hadn't screwed us on many occasions.
Thats a good point we've been screwed more times than debbie in dallas.

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ciraldo = B-
Flanno really fucked us at the startof the season due to not contributing anything except some good D, mounting more pressure on Burton and Reed.
Waddell and Ok have been good but still some major issues with attacking plays and D in our red zone (still paper thin).
One weakness is our team discipline e.g For the life of me, every game we give away multiple penalties for being in front of the kicker when Burto puts them up. It drives me MAD! Its so fucking lazy and game changing as it releases all pressure and makes us inevitably lose the arm wrestle during games. Its a shame that RFM is our club captain as he doesn't deserve his starting spot. Edwards in the last game also seemed a bit Tolman-like (slow plodding runs that get no momentum). I don't know what CC should do about our forward situation. It's bleak!
But overall i'm pretty happy with CC

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ciro gets a C from me.
With our forwards stocks decimated due to injury and lack of quality, the lack of go forwards has made average halves look worse than they really are. Due to this, we have been unable to mount much pressure in attack, and getting steamrolled in defence hasn't helped our cause either. Our first half performances have been nothing short of diabolical of late, with really leaky defence. Seems like there is poor communication and a lack of steel in the boys, however they have been able to rally and and show a bit of resilience in second halves. Our attack and defence in general is very clunky. In terms of team selections there are a few guys that don't deserve their spots like RFM and Perham to name a couple. Cam takes his time with persisting with duds.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am giving him a C- at this stage. Based on where we sit on the ladder it should be an F-.
I am giving Ciro the benefit of the doubt as we have had a horrific run with injury's.
What I don't like is his bench rotation and some of his team selections. Our defence has gotten worse and we are so clueless inside the opposition 20 metre zone. No matter who is available we should be doing better than we are in those areas.

EuroNymous

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It’s a C, I won’t bag the couch out until he has time to sort out the forward pack and have settled spine

attack is better for sure, defence is still very suspect. Very weak in the contact, hasn’t changed since round 1 when manly lapped us up.

I hate bagging him out in the first season, he inherited a pretty shit situation and gonna take time really find his feet. Once he has his team then I will be critical of him

I hate people which compare him to webby cause doesn’t matter how impressive it has been warriors have always been sleeping giant that constantly underperformed due to mental fortitude. They always had very talented team. Dogs lost 2/3 top tier forwards out and have to debut a lot of youngsters.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Looking grim now.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
C

He has inherited a dud and then has been smashed with key injuries.

Where he hasn’t excelled is adjusting to the problems faced. Looking at the root cause of failings and addressing them.

Our defence has been less than acceptable all year. He is the defensive expert coach from the Penrith system.

The fact he has blown up yesterday at the defensive failures is a bit alarming.

The way he was talking was he has just noticed how bad (particularly our middle) our defence was yesterday. What games has he been watching and analysis on the tape after? How has he not addressed this as a problem weeks ago?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I'll give him a triple S - for Sack the dope and Sign Slater.

Can't think of a single thing he has done well/ right. We're not dealing with that many injuries now....no more than most clubs have to deal with. He has taken us backwards.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
C- and slipping... I know the whole team is shit but come on, at least pick better performing players and play them in their positions.
Based on his presser, there will be a few changes thus week

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The jury is well and truly still out.

May work out, may end in tears.

Enjoying much goodwill and leeway at the moment. I am wondering how long that will last...

For the sake of the club, and the long suffering fans, I hope it works out.