News Sport Confidential: Bulldogs make a play to recruit Payne Haas

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Didn't Gus say, he wouldn't pay a million + for a prop? I think he was talking about Haas at the time.
He's also said 1m a year for 10 years for Haas is cheap.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How would we like to see these 2 in blue and white leading our pack ?

View attachment 72430

Dreams are free … never thought I’d see Kikau in blue and white ..
I was going to say the same regarding Kikau. Thought he was a certainty to extend at the Panthers. So while I don't expect we'll dish out huge money for Haas, I won't be surprised if we somehow did get him in our colours. Stranger things have happened. However this isn't the first nor the fiftieth time Haas has been linked to other clubs. I just think it's how his management works.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d resign tpj if it meant we get haas aswell haha
There goes our salary cap...2m on 2 players...can’t afford tpj if we get Haas....doubt he leaves Broncos...bet he will chase the big money and go to union

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Flegler is at the Dolphins next year. They have Haas and Carrigan as great middles and after that, without Flegler they have nothing but youngsters and journeyman.. So it's even less likely Haas leaves. It's more likely they make a play to get TPJ back or another middle to replace Flegler.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
There goes our salary cap...2m on 2 players...can’t afford tpj if we get Haas....doubt he leaves Broncos...better be the will chase the big money and go to union
Send thompsons 800k straight to him with Flanagans 500k.

Promote jr for roster spot and low wage.

Give whatever Allen, schooup, Jackson, waddle free up with the increase of cap to hunt and some low price stop gaps.

Though for real Gus said we had a few mil after he signed critta at the meeting from memory that someone posted.

With 650k now I believe.

It would mean saying goodbye to Thompson, Flanagan, waddle and whoever else we have off contract but that’s a small price to pay for these 2.

That said doubt either happen.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Didn't Gus say, he wouldn't pay a million + for a prop? I think he was talking about Haas at the time.
That's before the rise in salary cap from 9.5 millions to 12 million dollars.
Hell we are paying $850k to the English Poodle.

Last edited:

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope we throw 1.2m+ at him. At least for the first few years. If Haas gets to November and we're offering that type of money we're a chance imo (we have to assume Bronco will offer 1m). I don't really care if it's too much because we're "only" a marquee middle and experienced quality 7 away from competing against anyone.
In his current form he would be worth well over the $1M, the big question would be how long will he maintain his current form.
BTW how much do you think the 2 forwards signed for over the $M Tamalalo and Fifita are worth now.
We wouldn't want Payne Hass turning into Pain in the Arse for our clubs cap. I personally don't think it will happen

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
In his current form he would be worth well over the $1M, the big question would be how long will he maintain his current form.
BTW how much do you think the 2 forwards signed for over the $M Tamalalo and Fifita are worth now.
We wouldn't want Payne Hass turning into Pain in the Arse for our clubs cap. I personally don't think it will happen
Fifita ~800k on current form (best second rower in the NRL this year) and Lolo ~700k imo. I'd be comfortable paying ~1.2m for Haas just to get him here. I'd probably go as high as 1.4m for the first couple of years if that's the only way (like Titan did with Fifita). If we aren't prepared to do that I don't think he comes here personally. What a player is worth is different to what you have to pay.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Can’t see it happening but we are a top four team if he did sign.