Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Please be haas this way lol

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 72359Someone post this please? Could there be a chance…
BULLDOGS MAKE A PLAY TO RECRUIT PAYNE HAAS

Via Telegraph Sport
Michael Carayannis and Brent Read

Former Broncos teammates Payne Haas and Tevita Pangai Jr are together again in the NSW origin camp – and there are whispers the two might be reunited more permanently

Tevita Pangai Jr says he would love the chance to be reunited with great mate Payne Haas amid persistent whispers that the Bulldogs are set to make a move on the Brisbane Broncos star come November 1.

Haas is off contract at the end of next season and insists his desire is to win a premiership with the Broncos, the club that handed him his first grade debut five years ago.

However, he is in no rush to finalise a deal and he will set off a mad multimillion-dollar scramble between rugby league and rugby union should he enter the final year of his existing contract on November 1.

The big-spending Bulldogs are believed to be among the clubs watching intently as they look to build a side capable of winning a premiership under Cameron Ciraldo.

Having already signed the likes of Reed Mahoney, Viliame Kikau and Stephen Crichton, Canterbury show no signs of slowing down after being linked with St George Illawarra captain Ben Hunt and Haas.

NSW forward Pangai Jnr would love to see it happen after playing alongside Haas at Brisbane.

“I would love to play with him for 27 rounds,” Pangai Jr said.

“But I think next Wednesday will be good enough for now. Hopefully it will happen. It would be good to have him.

“But it will be a hard fight — I don’t think the Broncs want to let him go.”

The Broncos have begun contract talks with Haas and the hope is that they can strike a deal that takes him off the market before November 1, when he is free to sign with rival sides.

The left-field option is Australian and French Rugby Union, who have flagged an interest in the NSW front rower.

Haas wants to sit down with the Broncos and try work out a deal.

“My ultimate goal really is to say at the Broncos but at the end of the day we all know how rugby league goes – you don’t know what is going to happen, you don’t know what your plan is going to be, it always changes,” Haas said.

“My ultimate goal is to stay at the Broncs and help us win a premiership. I have been there through the tough times and it would be cool to win one there.

“At the end of the day I don’t know at the moment. I still have ‘24 on my contract so I have heaps of time. I am going to be patient, worry about my footy and train hard.

“I am in no rush. I have to see what happens. We’re in talks at the moment at the Broncos and we will see how the next couple of months go.”

Whatever the outcome, Haas is set to be a wealthy man. He has become the game’s most destructive forward in recent seasons.

“I have to pinch myself sometimes,” he said.

“At the end of the day I am doing what I love. As long as I am happy and my family is happy, that will be the make or break for my decision.

“It is not just about me – I have a little daughter and partner I have to worry about.”

Joelmcevoy2

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Im not worried with this one cause he wont be at dogs its old news

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Would be the ultimate signing. Exactly what we need. True leader and alpha.

This bloke is that fucking good and he’s 23.

Highly unlikely in my opinion but who knows. Ideal signing.