Soccer English Premier League Banter Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
@Tassie Devil I like Gary Neville's stance regarding FFP. Even though he's United through and through he shares my point of view that it's a joke and only in place to protect the established big clubs and prevent clubs like City, Newcastle etc from winning the league or rich owners buying any other club to propel them to a contender.

He made the good point about Blackburn buying the league which the owner got praised for but now it's frowned upon.

People complain about City's dominance... United won 8 out of the first 12 PL titles.

Having said that, the rules are the rules. If City get proven they've broken them on appeal then they'll be appropriately punished. I have no problem with that.

What I have a problem with is FFP to begin with. That's not as a City fan. That's as a football fan. I'd love to see Newcastle, Forest, Villa or any non established club to win the title. And I'd hate to see them face a million FFP charges if they did just so clubs like United can go back to having a monopoly on the league.
I honestly don't agree with what Neville said.

It makes sense in regard to United as yes, they did win it 8 out of 12 so it's similar on paper to what's happening to City.

I'd personally take a look at what Carragher said about it tbh,

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Neymar possibly signing for Man Utd has implications for the kennel .
If Man Utd do end up signing Neymar , it’s a fantastic opportunity for @PaulDe****poodesta / @coach to register more trolling burner accounts .
After adopting a Liverpool supporter persona to troll his own Man Utd fans in here , a once in a lifetime opportunity is presented to him to now adopt the persona of a pathetic diving Brazilian cocksucker.
Happy to help him out with some usernames too.

@Neycunt
@Divingfavelamagic
@Riotroller
@coachtheredeemer
@Pele
Decoachpodesta

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is why I hate when people give Pep no credit. If it were so easy to just win titles every year because of cash spent or talent, then Mancini and Pelligrini would have won way more titles and Chelsea wouldn't be 12th, they'd be top 4 at worst.

Having a great manager like Pep, Klopp etc is priceless.
Who hasn't given Pep credit? He's a brilliant manager.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What a result for Brighton
Great game. I love watching Brighton. The goal from Enciso was a scorcher.. They could have scored a couple more. I don't know how that Haaland goal was wiped out by VAR though. That was pretty soft.

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Great game. I love watching Brighton. The goal from Enciso was a scorcher.. They could have scored a couple more. I don't know how that Haaland goal was wiped out by VAR though. That was pretty soft.
bout time city a decision went against city for once

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
bout time city a decision went against city for once
Yeah fair enough but do you agree that was soft? Obviously the result doesn't matter, but I was surprised by that one.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is the question Ten Hag must face.

Would you rather finish top 4 or stop FFPchester City winning the treble.

If he loses against Chelsea he can’t rest players.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is the question Ten Hag must face.

Would you rather finish top 4 or stop FFPchester City winning the treble.

If he loses against Chelsea he can’t rest players.
Even if they somehow lost to Chelsea, which they won't, they'd only need a draw at home against Fulham. They need one point from two home games. There's no chance they're not qualifying for the CL.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Even if they somehow lost to Chelsea, which they won't, they'd only need a draw at home against Fulham. They need one point from two home games. There's no chance they're not qualifying for the CL.
If they don’t test players they will not have a chance against City. They are going to have to park the bus and work extremely hard. They are going to need a prime Jose or Allardyce performance of closing down, they will be run ragged.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If they don’t test players they will not have a chance against City. They are going to have to park the bus and work extremely hard. They are going to need a prime Jose or Allardyce performance of closing down, they will be run ragged.
I think they get at least a draw against Chelsea and can rest players against Fulham. Either way I don't think they're much chance against City.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think they get at least a draw against Chelsea and can rest players against Fulham. Either way I don't think they're much chance against City.
Knowing Ten Hag, he bottles both. Like the Tottenham semi final vs Ajax. Defensive shambles.