Ciraldo’s mid season report

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
A Solid A.

Finally a coach who doesn't make excuses, how refreshing.

No excuse for losses

No excuse considering bad refereeing decisions

No excuse considering crippling injury toll.

If he continues to not allow excuses, then this club is going to be in a strong place for a long long time.
Yes this is a huge factor and a very good trait of his and his values..it must surely rub off on the players.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a good article at all .. team aren’t even in those positions on the ladder anymore, e.g the Panthers are actually back on top .. Eagles aren’t even in the 8 anymore ..

And whilst they mention the inclusion of Kikau & Mahoney …. They didn’t even mention that Kikau’s our biggest injured player and pretty much out for the season ..

Fluff piece ..

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was neither excited, nor upset when he was appointed. So far, there has been much good, and areas where the jury is still out. On balance, I think he's doing well in his first year, especially given the deficiencies in the roster and the heavy casualty list.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s done well imo. I just look at the growth of sone of the young players under Ciraldo. Edwards looked like a busted when playing last year. Now people comparing him to Yeo. Okunbor has been going from strength to strength in his new role. Averillo is having a breakout year. Kiraz before he did his knee was a deadset bolter for origin. The way he’s easing Oloapu in.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can turn thing around pretty quickly if we string a few wins together . We are still searching for an 80mim performance . Hopefully not too far away

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's done some good identifying Averillo is most potent at centre. Preston as a starting backrower. Okonbur improving his game as a bench forward. I feel In time he'll improve Burton's game by switching him to halfback to get his involvement and game management sharpened. Oloapu has been injected sensibly into first grade and we might see the shackles come off next few games as his confidence grows.
He's done bad by persisting offseason and majority of regular season with Perham and Flanagun as part of the spine.
He does appear overall as a forward thinker in most aspects of his coaching and has been dealt a blow by our injuries. Can't fault him there.
I give him a pass mark definitely under the circumstances.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be honest, if we didn't have the injury list we probably would be deep in the top 8.
Definitely a pass.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Eamonn Tiernan, Mark St John, Darcie McDonald, Tom Sargeant, Daniel Nuttall from Fox Sports

Work experience kids get to write an article and u all swallow it better than the 8 inch cock your use to

bigbickbob

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He is doing well having inherited a club in the depths of countless seasons of a losing mentality and a very poorly managed roster.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People need to remember he's a rookie head coach who is 12 games in at a new club that hasn't made the finals in 7 years..

He's doing pretty well at 5-7 with a horrible injury toll and a lot of young players... If anyone expected a significantly better record with Edwards and Okunbur playing 50+ minutes and an 18 year old half, they're kidding themselves..

He handles himself well. That reflects in the team playing more committed and til the 80th minute.. Our fitness is way better than years past.. There's pride back in the jersey.. Things will only improve with more signings to come and everyone gelling.. Plus Ciraldo will keep learning and improving as he gets more experience..
He’s the man to lead us into greatness (though bench and rotations haven’t been his strong suit in my view). To your point, he’s new to the gig, the players he’s got are new to him, and he’s handled ridiculous amounts of adversity extremely well - His pressers are top notch and he’s developing a very good culture and setting standards - emphasising the latter.

Neither Hasler, Dean Pay, Barrett or Potter would have boasted a 5-7 start with the available roster, refereeing and scheduling bestowed on Ciro, that I’m pretty sure. Potter had forwards like Vaughan, Thompson, King and TPJ available most weeks… but what he did in his time can’t be underestimated - gave the boys and the club some needed belief in tough times.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he has done really well considering the factors out of his control being :

1. Injuries
2. Lack of a first grade quality halfback

Kikau has been a massive loss both in attack and defence. Combine that with Thommo not playing a game, fox being out for over a month and TPJ missing the first 5 games it was always going to be tough for a team who only won 7 games last year.

The thing I have enjoyed this year is that we have won the games where we have been the better team and lost the games when we haven’t. In previous years we have lost games that we should have won through lack of resilience. We definitely have more resilience this year.

The warriors game in Rd 4 was the only game we could have possibly won but I thought they were the better team that day

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mid season and we've already won more games this year than we have in a full season in the last 5+ years.

Grechy21

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
C+ today

D- if I rated after the warriors second loss