Opinion Renters...

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I don’t hate renters mate. I’m just very careful who I rent my properties to. I know I sound like a prick but I won’t rent to single mothers, Indians, people “between jobs” and manly supporters
Also - people with a domestic violence background. I feel for ladies who are victims of domestic violence, I really do, but the last thing I want is a lady from a domestic violence background coming and renting a place out and then being bashed to death in the unit by the psychopath she used to go out with.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Also - people with a domestic violence background. I feel for ladies who are victims of domestic violence, I really do, but the last thing I want is a lady from a domestic violence background coming and renting a place out and then being bashed to death in the unit by the psychopath she used to go out with.
Yup if you've been a victim of domestic violence you should be on a register so society can further alienate you by limiting your housing options. Good point.
Maybe if you spot the abusive partner you could kindly ask him to please continue the abuse but only on the outside of the premises

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
DV can effect real estate.
I know a guy who immigrated from Lebanon in late 60s.
He settled in Marrickville.
His neighbour used to badly bash his wife daily.
It got to the point where he knocked on the door and tried asking nicely and reasoning with him to stop bashing her.

He told him to f off and mind his own business.
He returned home and told his wife they're not staying there.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Over 90% of investor borrowing is for existing rental properties, not new ones. They are bidding up home prices without increasing the housing supply. Why give special tax breaks to investors who don't build properties

Wahesh

Reaction score
Yup if you've been a victim of domestic violence you should be on a register so society can further alienate you by limiting your housing options. Good point.
Maybe if you spot the abusive partner you could kindly ask him to please continue the abuse but only on the outside of the premises
Oh, I'm terribly sorry. Perhaps you would like a lady with a DV background to be bashed to death at your investment house. That would be perfect, right?

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Oh, I'm terribly sorry. Perhaps you would like a lady with a DV background to be bashed to death at your investment house. That would be perfect, right?
No I agree. If they're going to get bashed to death, they should do it in their own home. Make housing affordable for DV victims great again

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@Blue_boost I need your expertise on what this idiots think.
look renters think it’s a landlords duty to provide housing for them. Renters think they are in a hotel and the landlord is the maid.. but it don’t work like that. They need to be punted on the street for not taking care of the place as if it was their own

But we acknowledge renters are renters for a reason, their frivolous spend habits, drinking and smoking, parties every week, landlords take this into account and I would argue to increase rents is for the betterment of the renter as they have less money to drink and gamble and smoke. Maybe their foggy heads can clear a little and they get on their feet

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Do you honestly think that you can always screen for and detect these things all of the time ahead of time?

Domestic abuse, paedophilia etc are committed by middle class and upper class men too. Why don't you rent your place out to Brett Finch or Greg Bird? They have great references...

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
look renters think it’s a landlords duty to provide housing for them. Renters think they are in a hotel and the landlord is the maid.. but it don’t work like that. They need to be punted on the street for not taking care of the place as if it was their own

But we acknowledge renters are renters for a reason, their frivolous spend habits, drinking and smoking, parties every week, landlords take this into account and I would argue to increase rents is for the betterment of the renter as they have less money to drink and gamble and smoke. Maybe their foggy heads can clear a little and they get on their feet
Why do you lease your house out to renters then seeing as you loathe them so much? Just keep it as a holiday home or have other friends/family stay there.

Oh wait.. It's because owners need renters more than renters need rental properties.. Who knew?

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think all renters should unite... All renters stay at a friends/family members house, sleep in your car, live in a cheap caravan park for 3 months and see how all of these landlords do without anyone renting.

Then half of them would go broke, property prices would plummet, we could then afford to buy and then rent it out to some of our former landlords!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score

You are on a Gold mine if you're renting in a home that should be condemned.
During covid my dad and brother didn't pay their rent for 6 months.

The landlord didn't care because after he kicked them out he was going to demolish both properties and put a heap of villas on them.

In a prized location right near station and shops.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh wait.. It's because owners need renters more than renters need rental properties.. Who knew?
here is a good example of the-renter who thinks the landlord is their maid, they are staying in a hotel.

landlord could put their money in other investments.. buying an investment property and renting it is purely a business transaction. The return is assessed for the outlay. Landlords don’t need the garbage that many renters dish up..

It’s the renters who need the housing otherwise they are out in the cold?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
here is a good example of the-renter who thinks the landlord is their maid, they are staying in a hotel.

landlord could put their money in other investments.. buying an investment property and renting it is purely a business transaction. The return is assessed for the outlay. Landlords don’t need the garbage that many renters dish up..

It’s the renters who need the housing otherwise they are out in the cold?
You're hilarious.. You haven't answered the question, why do you have renters then if you don't need them?

Why don't you put it in other investments then? It would save you the hassle of dealing with renters wouldn't it?

Wahesh

Reaction score
Do you honestly think that you can always screen for and detect these things all of the time ahead of time?

Domestic abuse, paedophilia etc are committed by middle class and upper class men too. Why don't you rent your place out to Brett Finch or Greg Bird? They have great references...
We had interest from a lady with a DV background. We said no for that very reason. What I'm saying is that you don't know who has or hasn't done this kind of stuff, but if you're in a position where you know that it happened, I'd rather not be involved. Knowing that a potential psychopath could come onto my property and kill someone is simply not a risk I'm willing to take. If you're willing to take on that risk, that's fine.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Over 90% of investor borrowing is for existing rental properties, not new ones. They are bidding up home prices without increasing the housing supply. Why give special tax breaks to investors who don't build properties
Damn… didn’t know it was investors responsibility to provide housing…. Damn…. That’s crazy…. Why can’t non-investors provide housing?

Wahesh

Reaction score
forefather of the kennel pfft more like foreskin of the kennel. Stretching to make a point and harbouring unsavoury gestations. No doubt your an ugly **** too
Nice way to change the subject.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You're hilarious.. You haven't answered the question, why do you have renters then if you don't need them?

Why don't you put it in other investments then? It would save you the hassle of dealing with renters wouldn't it?
Are you 16 years old?