News Jake Averillo not threatened by Crichton, Xerri, reveals contract status

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Don't see why Xerri would have a walk in spot, earn it first. Until then whoever does/has earnt it plays. Pick on form, the way it should be.

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What happens if xerri kills it in trials
Then we finally have a good problem of too many quality outside backs. If we have that problem, along with too many good forwards and a halves combination gelling and killing it, all of us will hopefully have something really good to watch and to stay in Sydney for in September 2024

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't understand why everyone thinks Xerri will walk into our FG side.

He won't have played competitive league in 4 years.

Hopoate was killing it at Manly and took 2 years off. Took him quite a while to get back and was never quite the same player either.

It will take Xerri a while to get anywhere near top form.

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Time will tell in 24. Sounds as though we will have a great problem on our hands. Talented backs a plenty and they shall be competing for spots which is going to be exciting. Jake is coming along really well at the moment scoring great tries. His front on defence is the only part of his game imo that he needs to work on. On the other side of the spectrum one of Paul's real assets is his front on defence.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think there will be a lot of pissed off people on here if Xeri doesn't walk into FG and score 5 tries and set up another 10 lol
I don't Xeri will play FG until mid season next year

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How could you be threatened by Slowamoti, a former drug cheat and Dazed?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Xerri and Averillo centres, Alamoti bench.
or
Wilson fullback, Crichton and Averillo centres. With Xerri bench, Alamoti NSW cup.

Like most people have said, things don't look real good for Skelton going forward, I dare say he is the one who leaves if he wants to play FG.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I don't Xeri will play FG until mid season next year
I have no idea TBH.

But if I have to guess, I say we would see him between rounds 5-8.

PS I'm not sure if he will be used in the centres or backrow with his size now.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What happens if xerri kills it in trials
Nah, I don't look at trials as a good indicator, especially when you don't know how much effort the opposition is putting in and the limited minutes the opposition is using it's good players due to the large 30 man squad in one game. Week in Week Out competition footy to look for consistency and flaws is the best way. He needs to earn it.

the12thman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's great having a heap of dogs juniors in the backs in our top 17. I hope we can have a heap of great juniors coming through in the forwards

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have no idea TBH.

But if I have to guess, I say we would see him between rounds 5-8.

PS I'm not sure if he will be used in the centres or backrow with his size now.
I'm hearing he's quicker than before. Either way backrow or centre, if he's still got it it won't matter where we play him. But that versatility of second row or center will be very handy indeed. I hope he kills it and we start monstering and belting teams into submission like the good old days.

This reminds me of a joke back in the day. Whenever some said they played League, we'd ask the question "What position?" If they ever said second row/centre, we'd say "ok so that means the bench"..lol

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Round 1 next year it will be Alamoti and Avo in the centers. Xerri will start in NSW cup to get used to it again. From there you pick the best two who are in form.
Exactly, its a very simple problem to solve, but some don't see it as just a simple case of picking the best on form.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think what is likely is that Avo and Alo will be our centres at start of year, but remember it's not just Averillo that is unsigned but Alamoti too. So what many of us are saying is that both our centres for this year and preferred for next remain unsigned.

EuroNymous

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He is 22, still plenty of time to became top tier centre

xerri, alo, burns, avo is good solid set of centres to have.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He is 22, still plenty of time to became top tier centre

xerri, alo, burns, avo is good solid set of centres to have.
Anyone know how long Burns is signed up for? What great player to have in the reserve grade to call up when needed. He’s got some skill too.