100% Footy

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably first step is get the rotation of game day refs outa the bunker and have a separate panel of truly independent professionals on rota to man the bunker. As well as stop them game managing in the ear of the on field ref.

A 2 day seminar called by Annesley to redirect the refs as to precisely what their job and role is and point out the falling down of standards and incompetancy is seriously eroding the fabric of the game and it's long term viability.

Something needs to be done about gambling apps and constant advertising in young childrens faces and those repercussions.

Maybe that will afford it some professionalism and competence to try and salvage the games reputation.
100% the bunker should not have referees in there.

I have said for a while the bunker should be made up of a fixed panel of independent people. The same fixed panel should do every game of the round.

I think there should be 5 totally independent bunker officials.

None having any communication with each other. On all decisions they all put in their answer. TRY or NO TRY, Captains challenges. Should it be 10 in the bin etc. Majority rules on every decision.

This panel will remain consistent across each round. For the majority they should remain consistent eeek in week out. That way the consistency in decision making should be better. Having 5 individuals making decisions would also reduce if not eliminate the howler.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What happened to Tino? Elbow someone in the head and flip another over and he gets off with a fine? No penalty for the elbow to the face either.

And mahoney gets penalised for a “hip drop” that wasn’t….. luckily he wasn’t binned. Would have cost us the comeback win.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have said for a while the bunker should be made up of a fixed panel of independent people. The same fixed panel should do every game of the round.

None having any communication with each other. On all decisions they all put in their answer. TRY or NO TRY, Captains challenges. Should it be 10 in the bin etc. Majority rules on every decision.

This panel will remain consistent across each round. For the majority they should remain consistent eeek in week out. That way the consistency in decision making should be better. Having 5 individuals making decisions would also reduce if not eliminate the howler.
Valid points. Not sure it needs to be 5, as I reckon 3 can work but not against 5.

What astounds me is that in just about every game I watch (Fox coverage), the commentators get it right or at least between them (usually 2) they arrive at the correct decision or at the very least don't make a howler.

Ginnane-Ennis, Vossy-Cronk, even Warren-Flanagan. Warren has a habit of missing things on first view but then corrects himself on replay. That's fine. At least he gets it right.

It's only idiots like Parker, Tallis etc that play to a Qld biased agenda that creates controversy.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

The bunker should be manned by none other than NRL football boss Graham Annesley holding ultimate accountability in real time - far better than cleaning up everyone’s mess on Monday….. either him or Ronald McDonald, who for sure does a better job.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What happened to Tino? Elbow someone in the head and flip another over and he gets off with a fine? No penalty for the elbow to the face either.

And mahoney gets penalised for a “hip drop” that wasn’t….. luckily he wasn’t binned. Would have cost us the comeback win.
The refereeing is diabolical - Victor Radley head butts someone and that’s ok apparently.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Something has to be tried to reclaim the way the game is heading and that sounds very doable and worthy of implementation.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Annesley admitted that the supposed Mahoney "hip drop" shouldn't have been a penalty.

Although he didn't mention anything about Boyd's pass off the ground or Tino's forearm to Mahoney's head..

He also didn't mention anything about Radley head-butting someone, being put on report but not binned or sent off.

Overall the reffing is a shit show and the worst it's ever been. How people like Annesley and V'landys don't lose their jobs is beyond me. The whole commission needs to be blown up because since they've taken over things have gotten worse and worse over the years. V'landys makes David Smith look like Ken Arthurson.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Annesley came out and admitted that the Mahoney hip drop shouldn't have been a penalty.

Although he didn't mention anything about Boyd's pass off the ground or Tino's forearm to Mahoney's head..

He also didn't mention anything about Radley head-butting someone, being put on report but not binned or sent off.

Overall the reffing is a shit show and the worst it's been. How people like Annesley and V'landys don't lose their jobs is beyond me. The whole commission needs to be blown up because since they've taken over things have gotten worse and worse over the years. V'landys makes David Smith look like Ken Arthurson.
You’re 100% correct, Annesley didn’t even mention the elbow, the dangerous tackle or the headbutt, cause he can’t back the ref with that and the have no answer for it.

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bunker should be made up of @Bulldogsteve @Nasheed And @DinkumDog . I have full faith in these guys.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Champ, your faith is appreciated.
Not sure about @Nasheed though, how could he adjudicate adequately after frequent Breakfast Point turf wars and nights on Henny and ice? I think you’d find the standard drop even further :-).
Henny on ice? I think those types drink it straight from the bottle. It's more Gansta.