Opinion Okunbor

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Recruited as a second rower

but whatever......................
Not looking for a argument but before he went in to the jun rep teams did he play second row for his jun club side - i dont know - but it might help explain why he struggled so much on the wing and in centres at jun rep level

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That will happen maybe end of season. That said it depends on what Gus can find that is cheaper with more up side. He would need to improve even more to lock down a top 30 spot next year.
He is obviously doing all the right things, our reggies pack is pretty decent.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So if Flanagan scored a match winning try he would suddenly become a game breaking halfback?
If people think Okunbor is now some superstar backrower we're in trouble.
For that game he would have.

But Flanagan doesn't have it n him.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not looking for a argument but before he went in to the jun rep teams did he play second row for his jun club side - i dont know - but it might help explain why he struggled so much on the wing and in centres at jun rep level
Well clearly you are because you just won't let it go.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So if Flanagan scored a match winning try he would suddenly become a game breaking halfback?
If people think Okunbor is now some superstar backrower we're in trouble.
Where did anyone mention that Okunbor is a superstar. You are the only one who thinks that.

There is a long way from scoring a try to being a superstar.

A lot of grey in between.

But denying he broke that game wide open with his try is denying reality.

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
Well done to The Ocks was happy to see him do what he should be doing with the size and speed of him hopefully see more of it.

XPICATE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who’d have thought this wingnut would provide some kind of happiness for the fans.I didn’t get excited when he scored because I was convinced he would have knocked it on.

joedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Waddell is rubbish better of putting Flanagan there

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is playing as a middle forward. Completely different to backrow. He doesn’t have skill to run decoy lines, make defensive decisions, etc.

Catch ball. Run ball. Tackle.

Good boy Jayden

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Okunbor wasn’t and never will be winger, the decision by CC to bring him into the middle third has turned him into a decent footballer. Hopefully people can put their hate for this bloke aside and get behind his development. As some on here love to say, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but it takes integrity to admit your opinion is wrong. Keep working Jayden.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Okunbor wasn’t and never will be winger, the decision by CC to bring him into the middle third has turned him into a decent footballer. Hopefully people can put their hate for this bloke aside and get behind his development. As some on here love to say, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but it takes integrity to admit your opinion is wrong. Keep working Jayden.
We aren’t wrong though, he is still terrible and 250% increase could get him onto a NSW cup bench.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy to get behind him playing the role he is being used as. He must never return to the wing though.

I would prefer to see Okunbor playing on the left edge and let Preston keep his development going on the right Edge. As he will be back on the right edge next year.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was recruited from NZ as a second rower.

So going back to my comment about successive coaches trying to turn him into a winger.......................................
FMD some of you guys are worse than Constanza

…. it’s not a lie if you believe it. Spinners

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He had 7 runs for 53m but people are saying he gives us “good go forward”

Am I missing something lol?