Opinion Okunbor

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think he needs to focus on playing edge back rower bull him up a little bit abit like averillo keep him at centre let him develop there and same with okonbur he can develop to a good back row
i think they see him exclusively as a back-rower now. that's why wilson was on the bench to cover that back / utility role.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He is learning and improving.

He came to us as a 2nd Rower but a succession of coaches tried to turn him into a winger.

He needs to unlearn how to be a winger and become a 2nd rower.

On the way but not there yet, improving every week and that is all we can ask for.
he started in sgball as a centre

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's going quite well in the forwards and doesn't warrant any criticism this season.

Looks like he's found his permanent position as an interchange forward and I'm happy for him
Doesn’t warrant any criticism? His defence is probably top 10 worst in the comp and he barely bends the line barely gains any metres. It’s the most stop gap solution of all time. Back to NSW Cup to learn the position.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Doesn’t warrant any criticism? His defence is probably top 10 worst in the comp and he barely bends the line barely gains any metres. It’s the most stop gap solution of all time. Back to NSW Cup to learn the position.
Have a look at our side, we're totally busted everywhere and okunbor at least provides go forward through the middle. He's terrible on the wing but credit where it's due he's been one of our better players since being shifted.
Who are you going to bring up from reserves to replace him?

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But but but he won us the game. Said kennel members.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
he started in sgball as a centre
He was recruited from NZ as a second rower.

So going back to my comment about successive coaches trying to turn him into a winger.......................................

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

So going back to my comment about successive coaches trying to turn him into a winger.......................................
okunbor ??? he was from Milperra i believe

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Born and raise in Australia… he’s from the area

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if he gets re-signed, we would likely get him on the cheap
That will happen maybe end of season. That said it depends on what Gus can find that is cheaper with more up side. He would need to improve even more to lock down a top 30 spot next year.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he should be our right edge backrower over Waddell. Has been running good lines is a good kick option like nanai and who would of thought a game breaker.
The words game breaker and Okunbor should never be put together.