The "R U OK ?" Thread

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Just send them a message, saying if there is anything you can do for them.

I only worry about suffering before falling off the perch.
Yeah everyone thinks I'm weird/suicidal because I have zero fucks kicking the bucket....again....for the final time lol

PS got the suffering part down as well lol

Cryptic Ghost

Sharmooderator
Reaction score
Quick or long im up for it khay.... the pain gets so much worse at night.

What I'm feeling now is someone has stabbed me with a sword through my sternum and the sword has come out my back in between my shoulder blades and the pain is travelling down my whole spine to my legs and the back of my arms.

All I can say is thank God He blessed me with an extremely high pain threshold otherwise I would of OD'ed on opiate pain klillers by now
Shit, not good bro. Hopefully the pain eases in time. Your in my prayers and so are other's that are doing it tough/hard/struggling.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Shit, not good bro. Hopefully the pain eases in time. Your in my prayers and so are other's that are doing it tough/hard/struggling.
Appreciate the prayers my brother.

I have my appointment at 2pm, hopefully the gp is smart enough to realise what's the problem otherwise it's back to St Vincent's for me...

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Part man, part machine lol

This is one of the xrays I just got, have NFI what it shows but tge red circle is the main area of pain from the front to the back...

Screenshot_20230519_101407_DuckDuckGo.jpg

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Ok two seperate problems...

My back shows signs of degradation causing nerve pain in my arms and legs, I have to go on a care plan including physio. He said I shouldn't need surgery for about 5-7 years.

And here is the spin out part....

My sternum pain is due to being under dosed my thyroid meds believe it or not! Plus because I have had a total thyroidectomy the symptoms are more severe.

He reckons with the right dosing the pain will ease after 14 days.

Motherfuckers they fix one thing and fuck up other parts.

Last edited:

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok two seperate problems...

My back shows signs of degradation causing nerve pain in my arms and legs, I have to go on a care plan including physio. He said I shouldn't need surgery for about 5-7 years.

And here is the spin out part....

My sternum pain is due to being under dosed my thyroid meds believe it or not!

He reckons with the right dosing the pain will ease after 14 days.

Motherfuckers they fix one thing and fuck up other parts.
Good to hear all treatable and should see improvement with physio/the right meds. Yeah fair degree of guesswork involved at their end docs tend to treat patients as lab rats until they get it right. Hopefully you get some decent pain relief and they get it sorted.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Good to hear all treatable and should see improvement with physio/the right meds. Yeah fair degree of guesswork involved at their end docs tend to treat patients as lab rats until they get it right. Hopefully you get some decent pain relief and they get it sorted.
Yeah with all the meds I take, the thyroxine doses get changed the most.

At least I don't have to worry about going back in for surgery for at least 5 years....hopefully the Dogs will win a GF by then lol

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
PS to everyone...

Next blood test you have request they test your thyroid too.

Apparently it effects so many other body functions and thyroid problems can be well hidden if not tested for.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah with all the meds I take, the thyroxine doses get changed the most.

At least I don't have to worry about going back in for surgery for at least 5 years....hopefully the Dogs will win a GF by then lol
I hope the dogs win a gf by then also.
Haha.
No one more than you deserve to witness another dogs gf win.
With everything you have gone through in recent times.
We lucky to still have you breathing.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Looks like the wire has moved, it looks like it should be with the bottom wire.
I'm getting a second opinion this week. I've been researching for hours trying to find the symptom of a thyroid effecting the sternum and the back of the rib cage.

If I'm still not happy I have to hand myself in to St Vincent's.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm getting a second opinion this week. I've been researching for hours trying to find the symptom of a thyroid effecting the sternum and the back of the rib cage.

If I'm still not happy I have to hand myself in to St Vincent's.
I am only finding overactive thyroid affecting the chest etc. Nothing about underactive thyroid.

Hyperthyroidism can cause a rapid heartbeat, irregular heart rhythms, and palpitations. This can result in chest discomfort. Untreated hypothyroidism can also cause complications involving chest pain.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I am only finding overactive thyroid affecting the chest etc. Nothing about underactive thyroid.

Hyperthyroidism can cause a rapid heartbeat, irregular heart rhythms, and palpitations. This can result in chest discomfort. Untreated hypothyroidism can also cause complications involving chest pain.

I had an over-active one before they ripped it out. Losing 2kg a night and I felt awesome tbh lol

May sound weird but it's not heart chest pain it's the actual sternum/rib cage/bones.

All my vitals and bloods are good. But y'all know me, I ain't normal lol