Soccer English Premier League Banter Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Liverpool just spent 122 million on Gakpo and Nunez, both who are 23 (not youth signings) and only got 52 million for Mane and Williams..

But somehow City and Chelsea are the only ones who can spend 50 million and replace them with another 50 million player?

Nunez is often on your bench and cost 80 million. Every big club has a few expensive signings on their bench. Pogba and Maguire cost nearly 200 million combined and were often on the bench..There are holes in every one of your arguments.

If you're going to whine about all of these things regarding City, at least apply them to your team and other teams too.
Who said that City is the only one that spent money on signings? Who said that other to teams haven't? You're claiming things that I haven't said.

Look, I tried to step away from this convo as you're the one who was slinging personal stuff but you keep continuing it

What way do you want it? If you don't want me to reply, stop talking. But if you want to have a discussion great! Let's do it but try not to take things so personally

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You don’t actually
Deserve to post in this thread if you chose
To
Support the big 4. There’s Nothing more pathetic in life than an Aussie supporting Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea or City. Like
I consider you the lowest type of man to ever grace the planet proper pathetic creature. You should reconsider if you actually want to live

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cowardly *****, acting like Man U is your life. Be a man and support Sheffield Wednesday. Everyone in this thread is on my
Shit list , softly end your existence

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cowardly *****, acting like Man U is your life. Be a man and support Sheffield Wednesday. Everyone in this thread is on my
Shit list , softly end your existence
Don't hold back mate. Give it to everyone. Just be careful of the City fan(s). They're a bit touchy

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why don't we have a City thread?

Got a Newcastle one now, may as well start a City one for the fan(s) on here.

Credit to them. Some accomplishment as as much as they've cheated to get here, they're one hell of a team.

You'd hope they'll get all their titles etc taken off them, but I wouldn't hold my breath. They'll get away with it

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You draw 1-1 with Villa, will miss the top 4 and you still talk this much shit. :tearsofjoy:

I suppose it's City's fault you wasted 80 million on Nunez.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You draw 1-1 with Villa, will miss the top 4 and you still talk this much shit. :tearsofjoy:

I suppose it's City's fault you wasted 80 million on Nunez.
Nunez is going to be great. Lol. The new Haaland.

Come on man. It's a banter thread. Stop taking shit so seriously FFS.

Everything I've said most supporters are saying mate so it's hardly new. God knows why you try to make out it's only me?

We're shit btw. Been saying it for some time now. Absolute shit.

Enjoy your *title

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nunez is going to be great. Lol. The new Haaland.

Come on man. It's a banter thread. Stop taking shit so seriously FFS.

Everything I've said most supporters are saying mate so it's hardly new. God knows why you try to make out it's only me?

We're shit btw. Been saying it for some time now. Absolute shit.

Enjoy your *title
Yes I know.. Hence the banter back.. You're the only one here bringing it up every two seconds and carrying on about it. Most of the charges and allegations were from well before Pep took over and had nothing to do with transfers or wages, so the whole cheating narrative about why we've dominated and have an unfair advantage is overblown.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes I know.. Hence the banter back.. You're the only one here bringing it up every two seconds and carrying on about it. Most of the charges and allegations were from well before Pep took over and had nothing to do with transfers or wages, so the whole cheating narrative about why we've dominated and have an unfair advantage is overblown.
Don't agree at all but let's just have fun with it mate. I'm not here to fight you or anyone else. Just having a laugh.

I'll stop geeing you up about it tho.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You don’t actually
Deserve to post in this thread if you chose
To
Support the big 4. There’s Nothing more pathetic in life than an Aussie supporting Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea or City. Like
I consider you the lowest type of man to ever grace the planet proper pathetic creature. You should reconsider if you actually want to live
@Critta Magic tourist fan. This guy gets it

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
One of my uni lecturers is a huge Forrest fan. Won’t shut up about it during next week.

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Of course it does when you're City. Said before. Splash 50m on a position one year, then 60m on the same position the next ;)

I mean, it's smart and the best way to stay at the top.
yeah well hopefully Liverpool can give them some competition next season just sick of city buying trophies every season

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
10th highest net spend over the last 5 years and they're buying trophies every season. :tearsofjoy:

I'm also sick of Wolves and Chelsea buying trophies every season. Oh no wait...

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
@Tassie Devil I like Gary Neville's stance regarding FFP. Even though he's United through and through he shares my point of view that it's a joke and only in place to protect the established big clubs and prevent clubs like City, Newcastle etc from winning the league or rich owners buying any other club to propel them to a contender.

He made the good point about Blackburn buying the league which the owner got praised for but now it's frowned upon.

People complain about City's dominance... United won 8 out of the first 12 PL titles.

Having said that, the rules are the rules. If City get proven they've broken them on appeal then they'll be appropriately punished. I have no problem with that.

What I have a problem with is FFP to begin with. That's not as a City fan. That's as a football fan. I'd love to see Newcastle, Forest, Villa or any non established club to win the title. And I'd hate to see them face a million FFP charges if they did just so clubs like United can go back to having a monopoly on the league.