Soccer English Premier League Banter Thread

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
View attachment 71791

He's a fucking muppet. The whole club is.

People saying Pep is the greatest manager of the modern era.

Get. To. Fuck.

They were amazing yesterday, but come one.

Fergie the Whiskey Nosed **** was way better than him bringing youth through and not buying cups.
What the fuck are you talking about? United spent more than most clubs year after year with Fergie in charge and continually decimated their PL rivals by signing their best players and the best players from around the world. Yes they had a great youth set up, but I suppose Rio Ferdinand, Andy Cole, Teddy Sheringham, Eric Cantona etc weren't high profile signings from other clubs?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I get you want to defend your club mate but ...

I've been there. Blindly backing my club. I get it. I certainly wouldn't want a stain on my success either.

But, the reality is that each and every trophy you win has a * next to it. That's a fact.

115 charges because of FFP. Of course you say it can suck dick, but you don't see Chelsea, Arsenal, United, Liverpool or whoever racking up 1 charge let alone 115, do you?

You can cry "net spend" or whatever line you want to take, but any person can see what's happened here and it's not right. It isn't.

Maybe part of those 115 charges against you is why your net spend seems lower?

It's a shame as you're a really good team with a really good manager. I've never seen a team boss the 2nd leg of a semi final at home like that since Liverpool against Barcelona .. haha ... nah, you were much better than that.

But, it's *Manchester City and it'll always be.
What do you mean I can cry net spend? It's a pretty significant stat. Shows they're selling a lot over the last 5 years. Yet Chelsea, United and Arsenal all spend way more. They're not exactly small clubs. Yet it doesn't translate to success like it has for City. Why is that? Because City are better run and have a better manager. Cry about FFP all you want but facts are facts.

You brought up net spend in your previous post to show how much of an advantage City have in spending power, I provide one for the last 5 years which shows they're 10th over that time yet all of a sudden net spend is meaningless and irrelevant? Make up your mind.. You claim net spend is everything but means nothing when it doesn't suit your argument.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What do you mean I can cry net spend? It's a pretty significant stat. Shows they're selling a lot over the last 5 years. Yet Chelsea, United and Arsenal all spend way more. They're not exactly small clubs. Yet it doesn't translate to success like it has for City. Why is that? Because City are better run and have a better manager. Cry about FFP all you want but facts are facts.

You brought up net spend in your previous post to show how much of an advantage City have in spending power, I provide one for the last 5 years which shows they're 10th over that time yet all of a sudden net spend is meaningless and irrelevant? Make up your mind.. You claim net spend is everything but means nothing when it doesn't suit your argument.
You certainly do get angry when challenged ...

I brought up spend because @chemdog posted something about City saying they don't spend as much as others which they clearly do.

If you honestly choose to ignore the 115 charges laid out against you, and the previous ones which weren't thrown out but were dismissed on a technicality then OK. That's up to you.

As I said, that * will be with you forever no matter which way you try to spin things. Net spend. Not net spend. It makes no difference.

115 is the number which you'll always be remembered by. Let's be honest.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What the fuck are you talking about? United spent more than most clubs year after year with Fergie in charge and continually decimated their PL rivals by signing their best players and the best players from around the world. Yes they had a great youth set up, but I suppose Rio Ferdinand, Andy Cole, Teddy Sheringham, Eric Cantona etc weren't high profile signings from other clubs?
Come on man. Again, I get it makes you angry having your team confronted but let's be real here.

I fucking HATE United. Hate them.

But, THAT is a club that created their own. THEY built their own wealth. THEY built their own team by promoting an incredible bunch of youth who went on to become superstars. THEY won the title with average footballers at times because THEY had an incredible manager and set up. Sure, they're shit now but they still have an incredible commercial business that doesn't involve countries sponsoring them and breaking FFP. Yeah?

City?

You have 50m backups. You have great players then go buy even greater players. Across the park. No City youth in the team. YOu falsely claim sellouts when all can see you don't have them. Get funds through countries. Break FFP in as many ways as possible.

You're not even close to what United were and never will be because THEY created their success. You bought it.

And ... to any United fan reading this. I still HATE your club lol

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You certainly do get angry when challenged ...

I brought up spend because @chemdog posted something about City saying they don't spend as much as others which they clearly do.

If you honestly choose to ignore the 115 charges laid out against you, and the previous ones which weren't thrown out but were dismissed on a technicality then OK. That's up to you.

As I said, that * will be with you forever no matter which way you try to spin things. Net spend. Not net spend. It makes no difference.

115 is the number which you'll always be remembered by. Let's be honest.
So you want to ignore the net spend over the last 5 years and the fact that they're 10th?

I never said they've never done anything wrong. I'm saying people saying they're only winning because they broke certain rules is ridiculous.

Plenty of teams have cheated or spent as much, if not a lot more than City in previous years and can't come close to that level of success.

So clearly scouting and coaching have a lot to do with their success otherwise Chelsea wouldn't be 11th..

Also, Everton are found to have numerous breaches too and they're about to get relegated. So breaking FFP rules aren't exactly the be all and end all of attaining success.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Come on man. Again, I get it makes you angry having your team confronted but let's be real here.

I fucking HATE United. Hate them.

But, THAT is a club that created their own. THEY built their own wealth. THEY built their own team by promoting an incredible bunch of youth who went on to become superstars. THEY won the title with average footballers at times because THEY had an incredible manager and set up. Sure, they're shit now but they still have an incredible commercial business that doesn't involve countries sponsoring them and breaking FFP. Yeah?

City?

You have 50m backups. You have great players then go buy even greater players. Across the park. No City youth in the team. YOu falsely claim sellouts when all can see you don't have them. Get funds through countries. Break FFP in as many ways as possible.

You're not even close to what United were and never will be because THEY created their success. You bought it.

And ... to any United fan reading this. I still HATE your club lol
Yeah you're right.. United never spent tonnes of money during Fergie's time and never had high priced subs. Haha.

After their golden era of local products had retired or moved on, they still won titles with nothing but purchases from other clubs. I didn't realise Ronaldo and Van Nistelrooy, Rooney, Ferdinand etc are all from Salford and they didn't break or go close to breaking transfer records to sign some of those guys..

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah you're right.. United never spent tonnes of money during Fergie's time and never had high priced subs. Haha.

After their golden era of local products had retired or moved on, they still won titles with nothing but purchases from other clubs. I didn't realise Ronaldo and Van Nistelrooy, Rooney, Ferdinand etc are all from Salford and they didn't break or go close to breaking transfer records to sign some of those guys..
You're rewriting history to suit your own narrative mate. The last thing I want to do is be positive about United, but one can only admire what they did.

It's hard to admire City who simply just threw the checkbook at it

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So you want to ignore the net spend over the last 5 years and the fact that they're 10th?

I never said they've never done anything wrong. I'm saying people saying they're only winning because they broke certain rules is ridiculous.

Plenty of teams have cheated or spent as much, if not a lot more than City in previous years and can't come close to that level of success.

So clearly scouting and coaching have a lot to do with their success otherwise Chelsea wouldn't be 11th..

Also, Everton are found to have numerous breaches too and they're about to get relegated. So breaking FFP rules aren't exactly the be all and end all of attaining success.
115 mate on top of what you got done for previously. Amazed you are just trying to tip toe around that as it impacts on absolutely everything.

It's a shame as you're actually a very good football team. But, you've got an unfair advantage. Anyone can see that.

By all means continue on with this argument, but any man and his dog can see the truth. A

115 breaches and counting. United none.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You're rewriting history to suit your own narrative mate. The last thing I want to do is be positive about United, but one can only admire what they did.

It's hard to admire City who simply just threw the checkbook at it
How am I rewriting history? You're right.. Fergie didn't buy Ferdinand, Veron, Rooney, Ronaldo, Van Nistelrooy, Hargreaves, Berbatov etc.. They were all local Mancunians.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
115 mate on top of what you got done for previously. Amazed you are just trying to tip toe around that as it impacts on absolutely everything.

It's a shame as you're actually a very good football team. But, you've got an unfair advantage. Anyone can see that.

By all means continue on with this argument, but any man and his dog can see the truth. A

115 breaches and counting. United none.
You post about how bad City are with net spend since 2007 but ignore the last 5 years where they have the 10th highest net spend. You started this conversation but move the goalposts when someone presents other facts that don't suit your agenda.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How am I rewriting history? You're right.. Fergie didn't buy Ferdinand, Veron, Rooney, Ronaldo, Van Nistelrooy, Hargreaves, Berbatov etc.. They were all local Mancunians.
Who said United didn't buy or spend money? Not me?

Again, you're just trying to twist the narrative to suit your views. Who claimed that all of United's top players came from their youth?

United built many players. City buys them. It's a fact.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You post about how bad City are with net spend since 2007 but ignore the last 5 years where they have the 10th highest net spend. You started this conversation but move the goalposts when someone presents other facts that don't suit your agenda.
I didn't start this conversation. @chemdog did.

You're the one having a hissy fit about net spend etc. Why?

City has breached FFP 115 times and were done previously on the same points.

Any financial point you present about City and netspend or whatever else floats your boat is meaningless. Meaningless.

Because you cheated to get those numbers. Simple.

115 times and counting. Feel free to keep talking about netspend or whatever.

We all know the truth.

115 and counting.

And with that I say good night

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who said United didn't buy or spend money? Not me?

Again, you're just trying to twist the narrative to suit your views. Who claimed that all of United's top players came from their youth?

United built many players. City buys them. It's a fact.
Do Chelsea buy players? Newcastle? United and Liverpool barely have any local players in their squad these days. Liverpool have TAA, Henderson and Gomez. Big fucking deal. You make it seem like the whole squad is from Liverpool and you haven't spent tonnes on Salah, Nunez, Jota, Gapko etc.

You do realise most squads are made up of International players these days? It's not the 50's where you can have a whole squad of Bubsy's babes.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I didn't start this conversation. @chemdog did.

You're the one having a hissy fit about net spend etc. Why?

City has breached FFP 115 times and were done previously on the same points.

Any financial point you present about City and netspend or whatever else floats your boat is meaningless. Meaningless.

Because you cheated to get those numbers. Simple.

115 times and counting. Feel free to keep talking about netspend or whatever.

We all know the truth.

115 and counting.

And with that I say good night
How is it meaningless? I'm not wasting my time with your bullshit anymore. It's no wonder half the football fans on here have blocked you or don't respond to you anymore. Go cry to and troll someone else.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How is it meaningless? I'm not wasting my time with your bullshit anymore. It's no wonder half the football fans on here have blocked you or don't respond to you anymore. Go cry to and troll someone else.
Haha. Is that honestly all you have?

Really?

Go cry and troll someone else?

Very grown up of you. Shame.

Look. It's meaningless just like Armstrong's victories in the Tour de France because it was due to doping.

Just like city. So, yes, it's meaningless.

I really don't get why you feel so afraid to talk about the elephant in the room?

Either way.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Do Chelsea buy players? Newcastle? United and Liverpool barely have any local players in their squad these days. Liverpool have TAA, Henderson and Gomez. Big fucking deal. You make it seem like the whole squad is from Liverpool and you haven't spent tonnes on Salah, Nunez, Jota, Gapko etc.

You do realise most squads are made up of International players these days? It's not the 50's where you can have a whole squad of Bubsy's babes.
I never said anything about local players? I talked about youth actually. Which is what I loved about United as they brought players through.

Of course they spent money, every top team has to. Right?

But, what city does is very very different. It is. Why are we even trying to make our it isn't?

You spend 50m on a player and it doesn't work out, you just spend a other 60m on a replacement.

Other teams can't do that. Apart from Chelsea now but they're going to have to sell sell sell when the window opens I think.

Why are you getting so aggressive about this? Strange

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anyway. Let's leave that discussion behind us. I understand where city fans are coming from as I'd be the exact same.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I never said anything about local players? I talked about youth actually. Which is what I loved about United as they brought players through.

Of course they spent money, every top team has to. Right?

But, what city does is very very different. It is. Why are we even trying to make our it isn't?

You spend 50m on a player and it doesn't work out, you just spend a other 60m on a replacement.

Other teams can't do that. Apart from Chelsea now but they're going to have to sell sell sell when the window opens I think.

Why are you getting so aggressive about this? Strange
Liverpool just spent 122 million on Gakpo and Nunez, both who are 23 (not youth signings) and only got 52 million for Mane and Williams..

But somehow City and Chelsea are the only ones who can spend 50 million and replace them with another 50 million player?

Nunez is often on your bench and cost 80 million. Every big club has a few expensive signings on their bench. Pogba and Maguire cost nearly 200 million combined and were often on the bench..There are holes in every one of your arguments.

If you're going to whine about all of these things regarding City, at least apply them to your team and other teams too.