Movie Discussion

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Mine are massively standard and in no order.

Forest Gump
Good Will Hunting
Fight Club
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction
Spirited Away
The Castle
Chopper
The Matrix
And for some reason - War of the worlds with Tom Cruise

There are a million others I like but how do you remember them all.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That’s a good question I’m sure it’s been asked but favourite movies we should list our ten that we really like.
Commando
Terminator 2
Rambo 2
Blood in, blood out
Demolition man
Terminator 1
Predator
Rest of the Rambo (yes its more than 1)
True Lies
Taken

These are movies I could watched and have without a thought, yes there are better movies out there but these are my favourites.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Coming in October Five Nights at Freddy’s ..

It’s based on a game..very simple mechanics and premise. I played it on the IPad and I can tell you for such a simple game, sheesh it was spooky.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m not sure how I feel about the White Men Can’t Jump remake. The og is one of my favourite movies and Woody Harrelson my favourite actor. The preview looked average and they have copied a lot of scenes which annoyed me a bit for some reason
No thank you..the chemistry between Snipes and Woody is what made the movie great.. Jeeze can’t Hollywood get some new ideas..it’s either a remake or a sequel.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
View attachment 71616
A morbidly obese man tries to reconnect with his estranged daughter after abandoning her when sge was young.

Wow, this one was a tough watch. The performance from Brendan Fraser is rightfully lauded, the guy embodied the character perfectly (pardon the pun) and put everything into the role and was tremendous.
It was shot very well using the confined space of the apartment the film is set in to create a sense of dread with each shot. I found the performance from the actress playing his daughter Sadie Sink severely lacking as she seems to play the same character the same way in everything I've seen her in, pretty good performances from the rest of the cast though.

Maybe a but too kind but i give it a
4/5
Good Movie, superb acting by Fraser..excellent review. Spot on!

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pulp fiction
True romance
Dumb and dumber
Alien
Aliens
Fight club
Heat
Scarface
Apocalypse now
Deer hunter

Many many more but those were just ten that instantly came to mind and I absolutely love

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m not sure how I feel about the White Men Can’t Jump remake. The og is one of my favourite movies and Woody Harrelson my favourite actor. The preview looked average and they have copied a lot of scenes which annoyed me a bit for some reason
No thank you..the chemistry between Snipes and Woody is what made the movie great.. Jeeze can’t Hollywood get some new ideas..it’s either a remake or a sequel.
I'm a big fan of the original too and hold out absolutely no hope for the remake.

They can't just leave well enough alone :unamused:

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watched most of the new Antman movie last night. I went to bed with 20 minutes to go. Couldn’t stay awake.

I wanted to get other opinions on it, because I’m not sure if what I think is due to the movie, or my lack of memory of the MCU timeline. I’ve seen most of the MCU movies, but forget even important plot points.

To me it seemed like a good premise, with Kang being exiled to the quantum realm, (did that happen in the Loki series?) but a lot of the extraneous stuff was flimsy. As a creative person I enjoyed the varied and awesome visuals, but a lot of the time was thinking that the production team must have had a meeting where they tried to come up with the most ludicrous characters they could. Oh how about people made from rocks? What about jelly people and a dude with a sun canon head lol, fkn weird. I thought they went overboard on that stuff, and the family story was cringe, but understandable. It was fine, just made it seem PG, even though in contrast you had what Kang was about.

Curious to read other people’s thoughts…

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Latest trailer for the new Mission Impossible movie, Dead Reckoning Part I..

Say what you want about Tom Cruise and his personal life, but the guy delivers onscreen..and he looks younger and more sprightly than ever.. As his tagline says on his Twitter account..

Tom Cruise: Actor. Producer. Running in movies since 1981.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just watched the movie Air. It’s the story of how Nike signed up Michael Jordan, and the development of the Air Jordan shoe. It’s really good, throughly enjoyed it..just so good. @ASSASSIN @Natboy @Critta Magic Guys I know you like Air Jordans..this movie is for you. Just really entertaining movie..
I enjoyed it. Pretty much what I expected it to be from what I knew about it. As a sneakerhead, I was most interested in the history. I was never into Air Jordans though, and didn’t know much about their history. Knew about MJ obviously and was into NBA back then, but I was probably wearing skateboarding shoes (Vision, Airwalk). I was also into rap in my late teens, around the time of Run DMC etc. with Adidas. I probably started wearing Nike shoes in the 90s and was never into playing basketball, so never even thought about AJ’s. Don’t even think I knew of their existence actually.

Funnily enough after all these years of going through various levels of sneaker collecting, with the most hardcore by a mile being the last decade, I finally got my first pairs of Air Jordans only recently. Got a pair of AJ 1, 5s and some lows. I think the lows are pretty sick actually for casual shoes. Most of my collecting in the last was of runners (Huarache, Air Max, Ultraboost).

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 71616
A morbidly obese man tries to reconnect with his estranged daughter after abandoning her when sge was young.

Wow, this one was a tough watch. The performance from Brendan Fraser is rightfully lauded, the guy embodied the character perfectly (pardon the pun) and put everything into the role and was tremendous.
It was shot very well using the confined space of the apartment the film is set in to create a sense of dread with each shot. I found the performance from the actress playing his daughter Sadie Sink severely lacking as she seems to play the same character the same way in everything I've seen her in, pretty good performances from the rest of the cast though.

Maybe a but too kind but i give it a
4/5
Yep, definitely a tough watch and at times annoying, but the ending makes it all worthwhile tbh.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are movies I could watched and have without a thought, yes there are better movies out there but these are my favourites.
That’s how I would think if I tried to pick a top ten. I’ll give it a try…

In no particular order..

The Cable Guy
Heat
Saving Private Ryan
Dumb and Dumber
Batman: The Dark Knight
Guardians of the Galaxy
Ready Player One
Terminator 2
Pulp Fiction
Point Break

Too hard to pick only 10 but there ya go.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Just watched AIR and loved it, quality cast of actors and what a sound track too, did a great job at keeping me interested even though I knew the outcome.
I saw the first half an hour and it’s great so far. Love it

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I enjoyed it. Pretty much what I expected it to be from what I knew about it. As a sneakerhead, I was most interested in the history. I was never into Air Jordans though, and didn’t know much about their history. Knew about MJ obviously and was into NBA back then, but I was probably wearing skateboarding shoes (Vision, Airwalk). I was also into rap in my late teens, around the time of Run DMC etc. with Adidas. I probably started wearing Nike shoes in the 90s and was never into playing basketball, so never even thought about AJ’s. Don’t even think I knew of their existence actually.

Funnily enough after all these years of going through various levels of sneaker collecting, with the most hardcore by a mile being the last decade, I finally got my first pairs of Air Jordans only recently. Got a pair of AJ 1, 5s and some lows. I think the lows are pretty sick actually for casual shoes. Most of my collecting in the last was of runners (Huarache, Air Max, Ultraboost).
I never owned a pair of Jordans..actually didn’t like the way they looked..but I was floored when I saw Jordan playing..whoa! In my youth I was more into style over substance with shoes..whatever looked good..lol

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Matt Damon is such a likeable actor to watch..he was great in Martian..
He sure it. I still can’t help but think of Team America when I hear this name though. Poor bloke haha

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
No, no they can't. It seems like every time you turn round they are doing a remake, reboot, reimagining and they all absolutely suck compared to the OG versions. Hollywood is a joke these days. And yeah, I loved the original White Men Can’t Jump.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can't completely decide on my top 10 favourite movies so I'll just name some movies I absolutely loved and watched multiple times.

Scarface
Heat
Point Break
Braveheart
Last of the Mohicans
Snatch
The Departed
Saving Private Ryan
We Were Soldiers
The Shawshank Redemption
The Green Mile
Half Baked
Goodfellas
Boogie Nights
Blow
Jackie Brown

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No, no they can't. It seems like every time you turn round they are doing a remake, reboot, reimagining and they all absolutely suck compared to the OG versions. Hollywood is a joke these days. And yeah, I loved the original White Men Can’t Jump.
Won’t take a chance on anything new MD.. The ironic thing is the movies they are making remakes or sequels of..like Star Wars, Indy.. Studios took a punt on these movies with young directors, screenwriters, producers back in the 70s and 80s..and looked what happened!