Official Round 12 Bulldogs vs Titans Game Day Thread

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you or anyone know why the 4 players were suspended
only three suspended Hughes got off at judiciary (hip drop) i belive that Skelton n Pelel were for late tackles Casey i dont know

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Seeing as Dogs play Norths next week in NSW cup, does that mean Pele will be available directly after the bye to play another 9 minutes for us in NRL?
Whatever is worse case seems to be the way the cookie crumbles this year.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pele misses two games - dogs have the bye next week in NSW Cup as well - so he wont play until mid June - should be match fit by mid july!!!!

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People still have this pipe dream about a "rockstar" fullback. We dont have one.
What we have done is chosen the player who is considered the best we have at fullback. That's Perham.
Averillo cant cut it, Wilson has never done it, Kiraz may be a possibility. The only other option is Burns.
I support Ciraldos decision to stay with Perham. He isn't as bad as people on here say and is not the cause of any problems we may have.
A couple of no nonsense props will help no end.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s diabolical we sat there for 5 years without signing a marquee player, sitting last or near last, winning a single game in the opening two months and they decided to bring back the deadest of all woods when we finally had a little glimmer of light. It’s really a sackable decision, I have zero faith in them based off this decision alone.
Hey I said that in this platform before the season started that this was just senseless and poor leadership by the coach.

9/10 dreamers in here was so offended at the idea that maybe JR is not NRL material. Which he barely was 10 years ago at his best. I was so annoyed at this it's going backwards with weak romantic decisions like that. No way ever should he be in any NRL clubs top 30. Especially bull dogs as it's just taking the piss and a huge backwards step.

But I do believe the coach was tapped on the shoulder to sign off on him purely for selling memberships and boost crowds a little bit

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
People still have this pipe dream about a "rockstar" fullback. We dont have one.
Don't need a "rockstar" fullback. An adequate one would suffice for now, given what we've been subjected to so far this season.
Ciraldo gambled on Perham (his call, he's the coach), and that gamble has failed dismally. Double of nothing is still nothing, so doubling down on a miss does seem to be rather silly and unnecessarily stubborn (an undesirable trait that has brought more than one coach down at this club - and others). It also robs you of the opportunity to place another bet that still might pay dividends.

and is not the cause of any problems we may have.
Yeah, he kind of is.
The set starts with him.
The forwards are already on the back foot and need all the help they can get to get some momentum.
They haven't been getting it.
That's not to say that the pigs we got are not part of the problem. We desperately need at least one "alpha" middle (preferably a few) that can do a job even when the fullback isn't doing theirs.

Perham isn't the sole problem but to say he "is not the cause of any problems we may have." is next-level delusional.

Perhaps, like the team has learned how to lose over the last half-decade, some of our fans have learned to meekly accept abject mediocrity (which is not the same thing as being patient).

Averillo cant cut it
Says who? He showed more last season than Perham has at any stage. Rough around the edges, and some concerns with contact and high balls?
Sure, but he was never afforded a full off-season, an all stars game, a trial, and 11+ rounds.
Ciraldo might be right that his best position is Centre, and that he could be an elite one (I tend to agree) but that in no way means he "can't cut it" at fullback, or that even with some perceived deficiencies, he is already better than Perham on most measures.
I actually agree (halfway through the season) that Averillo should stay put at Centre (that ship has sailed), but it would have been interesting to see what might have been, had he trained at Fullback over the pre-season.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ciraldo is a defensive coach. The number one reason he put Perham at fullback was because he thought he was a good communicator at the back. Obviously he didn’t see Avo as being that.

I seriously doubt he sees Wilson as that.

Not saying I agree with it. Just giving my opinion on what his thinking is.

Maybe if he wants a good communicator at fullback we should make a play for Martin Luther King Jnr.

Not sure if he is any good under the high ball though
Yep, spot on about Perham ... communicating/ organizing is an overlooked aspect of a fullback's role these days.

High aerobic fitness levels are also crucial.

One aspect of Perham's play that i think has been very good is his positional awareness when fielding kicks.

I don't think he is going as badly as most on here .... a couple of passes which went astray last week may not have been entirely his fault.

He is averaging 173m per game which is pretty good ... Reece Walsh in comparison averages 157m. ... James Tadesco 167m.

His try assist numbers are poor, but he is a stopgap solution in a season where we were never really contending.

One thing that really amuses me about this forum is the need for a scapegoat.

Flanagan is gone so we move on to Perham.

Last edited:

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A few here turning on the coach…. that’s just stupidity in the context of our situation - He’s not our issue.

As far as changes this week, he never specified mass changes, he only said changes would be made, he made some, I can’t see what’s the problem?

We have to back the coach and the rebuild process.
I'm not gonna bag him he's in a pretty tough situation for a Rookie coach but the minute he played along with this JR shitshow during pre season it was a massive let down. It was weak and senseless to play along with this stupid JR sideshow.

I woulda been his biggest fan if he said straight up, look thanks Josh I'd be happy to find some role for you somewhere but there's no way in hell id have you in the team. It's just a massive case of 1 step forward and 2 steps back, and yet he's still in the team to play the titans it's messed up!!!!!!!

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pele misses two games - dogs have the bye next week in NSW Cup as well - so he wont play until mid June - should be match fit by mid july!!!!
Unbelievable. Unless he can play 30 minutes, he should stay in reggies

Patalo should take up the bench spot.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep, spot on about Perham ... communicating/ organizing is an overlooked aspect of a fullback's role these days.

High aerobic fitness levels are also crucial.

One aspect of Perham's play that i think has been very good is his positional awareness when fielding kicks.

I don't think he is going as badly as most on here .... a couple of passes which went astray last week may not have been entirely his fault.

He is averaging 173m per game which is pretty good ... Reece Walsh in comparison averages 157m. ... James Tadesco 167m.

His try assist numbers are poor, but he is a stopgap solution in a season where we were never really contending.

One thing that really amuses me about this forum is the need for a scapegoat.

Flanagan is gone so we move on to Perham.
Perham is dog shit When judging attacking kicks near the line. He’s not even in the picture