Movie Discussion

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Oppenheimer by Christopher Nolan..it’s about the development of the Atomic Bomb. I think you’ll interested in this one @Rodzilla

Release date: 20th July 2023
It looks cool. Also looks completely inaccurate to the true story. But most of these movie/shows are.

Reminds me of Chernobyl. Brilliant TV series, but completely inaccurate. But that's entertainment for you.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
evil-dead-rise-poster.jpg

Once the book of the dead is opened two estranged sisters fight to save their family from deadites.

I found this to be shot incredibly well with some inventive sequences not done previously in the evil dead franchise along with lots of gore and great acting from the lead mother, those are the best things I have to say about it.

As for an overall evil dead film, something is missing. I felt as though I was watching the exorcist a few times as the dialouge is quite similar with some horrible one liners, the script really could have used a touch up here and there and I personally preferred the 2013 reboot.

3/5

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Watched AKA & Avengement on Netflix the past week. Enjoyed both movies. AKA was really good. Avengement was good.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Just watched the movie Air. It’s the story of how Nike signed up Michael Jordan, and the development of the Air Jordan shot. It’s really good, throughly enjoyed it..just so good. @ASSASSIN @Natboy @Critta Magic Guys I know you like the Air Jordan shoe..this movie is for you. Just really entertaining movie..
Sounds good my bro.

Thanks for the tip

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Just watched the movie Air. It’s the story of how Nike signed up Michael Jordan, and the development of the Air Jordan shoe. It’s really good, throughly enjoyed it..just so good. @ASSASSIN @Natboy @Critta Magic Guys I know you like Air Jordans..this movie is for you. Just really entertaining movie..
Thanks legend. Is it at the movies or elsewhere?
Cheers :grinning:

lukedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Saw Mario a week ago, and the more I think about it, more it bugs me. Why was Bowser kept away for most of the movie? That opening scene made you think he'd be rolling around taking over world's in amazing set pieces. Having the Peaches song be the highlight, when it was just jack black riffing on a piano is a testament to how underwhelming it was.

Seth Rogan was dogshit, phoned it in and no chemistry with Pratt, who was Medicare. Cranky Kong is not DKs dad, unless that was DK senior and they showed Diddy for 2 seconds but not real DK, They get Key to play toad yet he wasn't funny, and the fatalistic blue star was jarringly overdone, felt like a skinwalker of a writer who wanted to make a good movie.

I'm sure we'll get boring DK, Kirby Starfox and Zelda movies soon to set up the Super Smash Bros' multiverse franchise.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
703478-the-whale-0-460-0-690-crop.jpg

A morbidly obese man tries to reconnect with his estranged daughter after abandoning her when sge was young.

Wow, this one was a tough watch. The performance from Brendan Fraser is rightfully lauded, the guy embodied the character perfectly (pardon the pun) and put everything into the role and was tremendous.
It was shot very well using the confined space of the apartment the film is set in to create a sense of dread with each shot. I found the performance from the actress playing his daughter Sadie Sink severely lacking as she seems to play the same character the same way in everything I've seen her in, pretty good performances from the rest of the cast though.

Maybe a but too kind but i give it a
4/5

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just watched AIR and loved it, quality cast of actors and what a sound track too, did a great job at keeping me interested even though I knew the outcome.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’m not sure how I feel about the White Men Can’t Jump remake. The og is one of my favourite movies and Woody Harrelson my favourite actor. The preview looked average and they have copied a lot of scenes which annoyed me a bit for some reason

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I’m not sure how I feel about the White Men Can’t Jump remake. The og is one of my favourite movies and Woody Harrelson my favourite actor. The preview looked average and they have copied a lot of scenes which annoyed me a bit for some reason
That’s a good question I’m sure it’s been asked but favourite movies we should list our ten that we really like.