Opinion Dogs off-contract list for 2023

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Definates that have reached their ceiling (with us but may excel elsewhere as some do) and need to go.....

Casey, Flanno, Okenbor, Reynolds, Thompson if over $400k, Waddell.
Turahui has gone already?

Def to keep Hughes, Avo, Burns.

The rest I'm afraid up to Gus and Ciro....tho even they aren't as good a judge of a footballer than I am lol lol lol lol

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yes - Alamoti, Averillo

Maybe - Hughes, Patolo

Rest no

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With so many experts on the kennel i want to know who do you replace these players with

Averillo?
Burns?
Alamoti?
Waddell?
Thompson?
Brown?
Okunbor?
Hughes?

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
probably depends on coin their on and depth in the position. 1st 4 is probably the only ones i think i would be OK with

Australian Sensation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
With so many experts on the kennel i want to know who do you replace these players with

Averillo? Xerri
Burns? Keep
Alamoti? Keep
Waddell? Keep
Thompson? Keep
Brown? Averillo
Okunbor? Keep
Hughes? Keep
I'd say our biggest $$$ issue chewing the cap, where we are not getting value is TPJ.....Burton will be another one if they continue to waste their and his time at #7

Thompson is another one due to injuries, though I would like to see him stay at a reduced rate

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
alamoti, averillo, faamanu Brown, Hughes and patolo.

would only retain okunbor and waddell for depth for 1 more season if we cant get anyone else better though im sure we have better options coming through in nsw cup that can replace them

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd say our biggest $$$ issue chewing the cap, where we are not getting value is TPJ.....Burton will be another one if they continue to waste their and his time at #7

Thompson is another one due to injuries, though I would like to see him stay at a reduced rate
How do you keep Thompson?
He has hardly been on the Field in 3 years.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I thought Alamoti was already locked up for a while? Only Averillo and Alamoti are worth worrying about..

Hughes, maybe Patolo and Burns for depth/experience. Other than that, no one worth keeping. I certainly hope Waddell and Okunbur don't get new deals although Ciraldo seems to love Okunbur so it wouldn't surprise me if he gets re-signed.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
You need to also consider what you’re paying these guys. A lot like burns would be close to minimum wage. That’s worth keeping around. Even if he gets injured every time he gets into the top grade. Cause unisss you have better options coming through which we get to see soon with more players able to be used. It’s better to keep known quantities.

guys like alomoti won’t get big money based on performance this year and that’s good for the dogs. If we get him right he will outplay his contract.

Australian Sensation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How do you keep Thompson?
He has hardly been on the Field in 3 years.
As mentioned, on a reduced rate

Guys like TPJ, Napa(when he was at the dogs), have been on the field for 3 years and produced nothing

King and Thompson are our best props and we are still short a few props

We are actually going to be in deeper shit next year if we dont find a world class prop along with another 2 decent props

Doggfather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thompson only if close to minimum wage. He will most likely be injured anyway.

Burns after his Dragons performance I would resign, that effort epitomises the clubs spirit.

Okunbor is needed for depth. One of our best this season.

Averillo I’m not sold on since Xerri and Critta are coming. Xerri is quicker and bigger.

Sign Reynolds as a part time consultant, im sure he will have a successful real estate career next year that will keep him busy.

Yes Alamoti deserves an offer and potentially Brown, everyone else can leave.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Keep avo, alamoti, Hughes, patolo, waddles brown, burns Hughes and cockunbor.

Fire the rats tail, failagan and grub out of a canon

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Being realistic club will offer Avo a contract he continues his form he will 100% get an offer elsewhere.

Keep Avo if we can, Alamoti, Okunbor cheap wouldn’t be bad depth, Burns great depth player, Wadell isn’t a starting 17 player in a top 4 side and Flannagan can cut oranges on the sideline if he wants to for a can of Coke Zero.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Avo needs to be resigned 100%.
alamoti yes but needs more time in nsw cup.
Burns great back up.
Thompson if he will take pay on games he plays.
Chris patolo good of the bench and cheap.
The rest can go.