From the BIG MAN !!!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sign a marquee middle, the best of the best, or we're fucked. 4-5 years for our kids to come through under Gus so go hard in recruitment with difference makers now (next 2 years). I personally don't think there were any good things worth talking about from our game this week. I think the less said on that the better.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
5 to 10 years to have juniors coming through consistently aka not having to pay overs in the market to recruit.

"It's up to the coach and players to get results today"

Makes you wonder what the hell the front office were doing during the Hasler years. Hasler did his part of getting results but they completely neglected development programs and set us back a decade.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Doesn’t seem to give much away about any areas he’s targeting immediately. You’d have to think there are some middles on his radar.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ciraldo has shown he can coach, the fact he identified Okunbor as a forward while no one else did. (Pay, Barrett & Potter)

Ciraldo has taken on arguably one of the hardest coaching jobs in the NRL. Fan expectations are high and it's a job that has consistently killed coaching careers.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
5 to 10 years to have juniors coming through consistently aka not having to pay overs in the market to recruit.

Makes you wonder what the hell the front office were doing during the Hasler years. Hasler did his part of getting results but they completely neglected development programs and set us back a decade.
Greenberg killed off our junior programs to save money. The thought was "Why develop your own talent when it might get poached". Other teams took over our blueprint as we dropped it and are now way in front of us using it. Outside of having great juniors we had a great eye for talent begging to get their chance.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s up to coach and players etc, wiped away any involvement from that and I don’t blame him.

Until the benefits of what he’s doing comes into play the coach and recruitment need to make the right choices. Sign some one on overs but make sure they are worth it and not the crap we have been stuck with for the last 10 years.

If they want success now sign people who are the goods not those who were or aren’t.

Last edited:

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Greenberg killed off our junior programs to save money. The thought was "Why develop your own talent when it might get poached". Other teams took over our blueprint as we dropped it and are now way in front of us using it. Outside of having great juniors we had a great eye for talent begging to get their chance.
Our development has never been so lean. The older I get the more I've began to realise the work behind the scenes that gets taken for granted. For as good a coach Bellamy is there are multiple people behind the Storm that are doing the scouting development, etc.

I've gone back and looked at the 2012 roster Hasler inherited if I'm not mistaken the players in the Bulldogs system were: Tapau, Finucane, Jackson, Romelo, Lafai, Kasiano, Browne, Barba, Reynolds

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Barrett was responsible for some huge recruitment blunders, Flanagan being the worst and the fact that old man Reynolds is back outplaying him is shocking. The fact he wanted Dufty over Meaney just LOL

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There it is. 10 years FFS! I know one thing, if the side isn't entrenched in the 8 by next year he won't be around long term. No way the Laundy's are going to wait 10 years for success.

Last edited:

Steve Bos

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sign a marquee middle, the best of the best, or we're fucked. 4-5 years for our kids to come through under Gus so go hard in recruitment with difference makers now (next 2 years). I personally don't think there were any good things worth talking about from our game this week. I think the less said on that the better.
Apparently Daniel Saifiti has become available. But would still need 1, if not 2, quality middles.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How the fuck did the Roosters win it in 2013?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Apparently Daniel Saifiti has become available. But would still need 1, if not 2, quality middles.
D. Saifiti has been TPJ level of bad for the past 2 years. We need a middle like Haas, Koloamatangi, Fotuaika, etc. none available until 2025 but we have to get one.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our development has never been so lean. The older I get the more I've began to realise the work behind the scenes that gets taken for granted. For as good a coach Bellamy is there are multiple people behind the Storm that are doing the scouting development, etc.

I've gone back and looked at the 2012 roster Hasler inherited if I'm not mistaken the players in the Bulldogs system were: Tapau, Finucane, Jackson, Romelo, Lafai, Kasiano, Browne, Barba, Reynolds
The first two years were Hasler had a great team and then destroyed it, and people say he got us in the finals lol.

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ciraldo has shown he can coach, the fact he identified Okunbor as a forward while no one else did. (Pay, Barrett & Potter)

Ciraldo has taken on arguably one of the hardest coaching jobs in the NRL. Fan expectations are high and it's a job that has consistently killed coaching careers.
"Fan expectations are high" .... the only Dog's fans that have high expectations are the ones that have just come out of the coma they have been in for the last 7+ years, and even then they are probably looking the their Drs and thinking send me back to the coma please.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Hasler had control of the entire football dept m, it was a condition for him to leave manly. Its on him but also on Dib and castle. Would have probably been wort it if we had won one of the 2

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hasler had control of the entire football dept m, it was a condition for him to leave manly. Its on him but also on Dib and castle. Would have probably been wort it if we had won one of the 2
Gus said we are running one of the biggest programs in NRL, how the hell did they leave it all on one man?

We just had absolutely putrid people in the front office, Khoury to his credit realised football dept was beyond his skills and got Gus.