Religious Discussion Thread

lukedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
"Monash Council has cancelled a drag queen story-time event after threats of violence against families, the performer, councillors and staff escalated to include intimidation from neo-Nazis following a tense protest at its offices"

Good to see after all the claims of "protecting children", you admit that you support threats of violence against families, including children. And you support Neo-nazis.

Terrible, terrible stance. But good to see you're admitting your faults.
"If you don't support Drag Queen Story Time you support neo Nazis"

4837949-265c95525bfab3c2b67a829738817616.jpg

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
"If you don't support Drag Queen Story Time you support neo Nazis"

View attachment 70309
Nice try, but you literally shared a story saying that it was shut down by Neo-nazis and you praised that.

You basically said, "Hitler is my hero" then when I pointed it out, you pretended that you lived in Argentina all along.

It's all good though. You can support whoever you want. If you really support the final solution. It's OK, as long as you don't try to carry out your fantasies.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Please God/gods stop televising woman's league.
And nrl clubs, your meant to be developing your halves not spending it on girls. Wasn't club footy enough for them.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forcing their children to do these kind of things is bad. Children should not be forced into such corruption at a young age.

View attachment 69986
Are you saying that kids are been forced to be altar servers against their will, if kids are forced to do something they don't want to do they rebel and refuse and theirs nothing their parents can do about it.
I was asked not forced to be an altar server back in 1952-3-4-5, and enjoyed it.
Why do you always try to portray everything involving religion as bad and should be baned.
What do you think about university students (gay no doubt) lecturing young kids on all that gay transgender stuff in Melbourne.
You did say that you wouldn't take your own kids to see the Mardi-Grah, but its OK for other young kids to be exposed to all that rubbish

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you saying that kids are been forced to be altar servers against their will, if kids are forced to do something they don't want to do they rebel and refuse and theirs nothing their parents can do about it.
I was asked not forced to be an altar server back in 1952-3-4-5, and enjoyed it.
Why do you always try to portray everything involving religion as bad and should be baned.
What do you think about university students (gay no doubt) lecturing young kids on all that gay transgender stuff in Melbourne.
You did say that you wouldn't take your own kids to see the Mardi-Grah, but its OK for other young kids to be exposed to all that rubbish
Reading out of context again.

Dogna said it well. Stop going off on a tangent by cherry picking posts when you haven't even read the conversation.

Have you read the conversation prior to this?

If not. Read it then comment. Because it seems you are going off on one of your tangents again

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Thats the thing. You're allowed to not consent to it with yourself or your children (ie not send them to the voluntary events), or agree or emulate. Thats not the issue.

The issue is people trying to stop these voluntary events from happening (like in the artcile posted) because of their moral perceptions.

Imagine person A coming up to you and telling you that your not allowed to send your kid to bible class because person A, with no actual evidence, believes bible class is a detrimental indoctrination, ie bad for YOUR childs well-being (there are people who believe this).
I wouldn't be surprised that some will question my faith by not losing my shit over this.

But honestly there is nothing I can do to stop this and tbh it's not up to me to stop this. My mission is to worry about my soul and my kids souls. Everyone walks their road and we have to deal with where we end up.

In the big picture, there are MANY other happenings, seen and unseen, that are worse than this.

But like @Hacky McAxe said, if they are doing adult shit in front of kids IE the stripping, twerking and making kids tip them then that's just straight out grooming.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Kelp sure we would love for everyone to see Heaven but we know it's not going to happen as the path is narrow. I honestly don't want anyone to end up in hell with that loser cuck satan, but you can only save the ones that want to be saved.

Everything that is happening and will happen HAS to happen, you know that...

You know who the "god" of this world is and that explains a lot.

So called Christians these days are in a losing battle because they act holier-than-thou and condemn everyone to hell instead of pointing out what our Saviour said.

That's why Jesus spoke the parable of the man with a branch in his eye trying to help the man with a splinter in his eye.

Jesus' main agenda is LOVE, but for some reason, His "followers" push Hell more than love. I'm not saying hell isn't a massive issue but I'd rather focus on the path of the destination than the destination itself. I know where my destination is, with the Lord of lords and the King of Kings. If I can get more people to walk with me then that's great as there will be more people at the party.

I'll be brutally honest here, some "Christians" suck at PR and turn off more people than lead them to God. Why start the convo with "hey heathen, you're going to burn in hell" when you can start by saying "let me tell you about my Saviour..."

Last edited:

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In perhaps the worst case of better the devil you know it appears drag queen story time would be less precarious if the responsibility was entrusted to the catholic church :sob:

View attachment 70327
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/has-media-ignored-sex-abuse-in-school/
Not looking to much into it. But curiously.

Are these raw numbers? Pretty sure the public school population is 10x higher than private/catholic in the US.

Is the stat only taking into account public school v catholic school? Better representation of the institution (concerning abuse) would be public school institution v catholic institutions. And thaylt as well raw numbers are misleading.

Again i have not even looked at the study. I will tomorrow. Im on pre game beers woot wooooot

Last edited:

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Not looking to much into it. But curiously.

Are these raw numbers? Pretty sure the public school population is 10x higher than private/catholic in the US.

Is the stat only taking into account public school v catholic school? Better representation of the institution (concerning abuse) would be public school institution v catholic institutions. And thaylt as well raw numbers are misleading.

Again i have not even looked at the study. I will tomorrow. Im on pre game beers woot wooooot
Haven't bothered to look into it. Mostly these types of studies are skewed one way or another.

A friend works with abused minors and they explained most are abused by family or family friends by a fair margin. Behind that it's coaches/teachers, significant others and then sex abuse from within church groups further down the list with half of those coming from other church members not necessarily priests.

Neither of us are religious so it wasn't a slanted conversation

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In perhaps the worst case of better the devil you know it appears drag queen story time would be less precarious if the responsibility was entrusted to the catholic church :sob:

View attachment 70327
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/has-media-ignored-sex-abuse-in-school/

John Karr isn't a priest. He's a teacher.
Most teachers are dedicated, hard-working people who wouldn't dream of hurting a child. The same is true of priests.

If the suspect in the 1996 murder of JonBenet Ramsey were a priest, there would be a fresh outcry about a decades-long cover-up in the Catholic Church. Commentators from Left and Right would rightly unite in decrying the crisis and the entrenched complacency that led to it. Catholic pundits would take a special relish in pointing out that they agree: The Church had better get its act together.

Any institution that has allowed children to be harmed by predators deserves to be taken to task for it. No institution should get a pass. And no profession should get a pass. Not preachers, not priests — not even teachers.

Especially not teachers. And yet …

Consider the statistics: In accordance with a requirement of President Bush's No Child Left Behind Act, in 2002 the Department of Education carried out a study of sexual abuse in the school system.

Hofstra University researcher Charol Shakeshaft looked into the problem, and the first thing that came to her mind when Education Week reported on the study were the daily headlines about the Catholic Church.

"[T]hink the Catholic Church has a problem?" she said. "The physical sexual abuse of students in schools is likely more than 100 times the abuse by priests."

So, in order to better protect children, did media outlets start hounding the worse menace of the school systems, with headlines about a "Nationwide Teacher Molestation Cover-up" and by asking "Are Ed Schools Producing Pedophiles?"

No, they didn't. That treatment was reserved for the Catholic Church, while the greater problem in the schools was ignored altogether.

As the National Catholic Register's reporter Wayne Laugesen points out, the federal report said 422,000 California public-school students would be victims before graduation — a number that dwarfs the state's entire Catholic-school enrollment of 143,000.

Yet, during the first half of 2002, the 61 largest newspapers in California ran nearly 2,000 stories about sexual abuse in Catholic institutions, mostly concerning past allegations. During the same period, those newspapers ran four stories about the federal government's discovery of the much larger — and ongoing — abuse scandal in public schools.

Perhaps John Karr will help change that.

"Could JonBenet Ramsey murder suspect John Mark Karr get a job teaching in your community?" asked USA Today. Not any more, of course; but could a creepy pedophile who isn't all over Fox News get hired? Richard Dangel, a child psychologist in Dallas, told the paper, "Only about 4% of offenders get busted," he says. "The other 96% don't." Which means that background checks won't stop the vast majority of sex offenders.

A writer for The New York Times lurked online at pedophile chat rooms, and reported this summer about the chilling way pedophiles convince themselves that children want to have sex with them and insinuate themselves into the lives of children.

The Times' Kurt Eichenwald explained that pedophiles often discuss their personal lives. They come from all walks of life, but they like to speak about how close their jobs take them to children. "The most frequent job mentioned, however, was schoolteacher," he wrote. "A number of self-described teachers shared detailed observations about children in their classes, including events they considered sexual, like a second-grade boy holding his crotch during class."

The media have left many with the impression that sexual abuse is a Catholic problem — as if Catholic beliefs and customs make sex abuse inevitable. Church teaching for its part is clear: Sexual abuse of minors is always wrong. A more likely culprit would be a non-religious ambivalence about the pedophilia, as seen, for instance, in the media's refusal to broaden its scope to include teachers when considering the issue.

Professor Michael Tracey, whose e-mail correspondence with Karr helped in identifying him as a suspect, identified the real problem in an interview with the National Catholic Register.

"Was JonBenet a pedophile's dream? Clearly, clearly she was," Tracey said. "Her death, and the whole circus surrounding it even 10 years later, has everything to do with the culture's desire to sexualize children."

In 1992, the National Victim Center estimated that 29 percent of all forcible rapes in America were against children under age 11. More than a decade later, an estimated 1 in 4 girls and 1 in 7 boys are victims of unwanted sexual acts.

The 2002 Department of Education report estimated that from 6 percent to 10 percent of all students in public schools would be victims of abuse before graduation — a staggering statistic.

Yet, outside the Catholic Church, the reaction is increasingly accommodation instead of outrage.

The April 17, 2002, issue of USA Today featured an article titled "Sex Between Adults and Children" — a euphemistic way of referring to child molestation. Under the headline was a ballot-like box suggesting possible opinions one might hold on the subject: "always harmful, usually harmful, sometimes harmful, rarely harmful." The newspaper's answer: "Child's age and maturity make for gray areas."

And what about the popular culture? Mary Eberstadt has written at length about "Pedophilia Chic" — from Calvin Klein underwear ads to mainstream defenses of the North American Man-Boy Love Association. Hollywood's heroic treatment of accused child molesters in "The People vs. Larry Flynt" and "Kinsey" — not to mention its Oscar for Roman Polanski — doesn't help.

It's good that this ugly problem in the Catholic Church is being investigated, exposed, and dealt with. Now let's expand the investigation. In the face of the evidence of a widespread epidemic of abuse fed by a new morality that winks at child molestation, why is the Church the only institution under the microscope?

Right now an important story stares the media in the face with the cold intensity of teacher John Karr's eyes. Will they cover it?

Tom Hoopes is executive editor of the National Catholic Register and, with his wife, April, is editorial director of Faith & Family magazine.

By Tom Hoopes
Reprinted with permission from National Review Online

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Haven't bothered to look into it. Mostly these types of studies are skewed one way or another.

A friend works with abused minors and they explained most are abused by family or family friends by a fair margin. Behind that it's coaches/teachers, significant others and then sex abuse from within church groups further down the list with half of those coming from other church members not necessarily priests.

With my 13 years experience in the field. They are all scum.

Last edited:

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
John Karr isn't a priest. He's a teacher.
Most teachers are dedicated, hard-working people who wouldn't dream of hurting a child. The same is true of priests.

If the suspect in the 1996 murder of JonBenet Ramsey were a priest, there would be a fresh outcry about a decades-long cover-up in the Catholic Church. Commentators from Left and Right would rightly unite in decrying the crisis and the entrenched complacency that led to it. Catholic pundits would take a special relish in pointing out that they agree: The Church had better get its act together.

Any institution that has allowed children to be harmed by predators deserves to be taken to task for it. No institution should get a pass. And no profession should get a pass. Not preachers, not priests — not even teachers.

Especially not teachers. And yet …

Consider the statistics: In accordance with a requirement of President Bush's No Child Left Behind Act, in 2002 the Department of Education carried out a study of sexual abuse in the school system.

Hofstra University researcher Charol Shakeshaft looked into the problem, and the first thing that came to her mind when Education Week reported on the study were the daily headlines about the Catholic Church.

"[T]hink the Catholic Church has a problem?" she said. "The physical sexual abuse of students in schools is likely more than 100 times the abuse by priests."

So, in order to better protect children, did media outlets start hounding the worse menace of the school systems, with headlines about a "Nationwide Teacher Molestation Cover-up" and by asking "Are Ed Schools Producing Pedophiles?"

No, they didn't. That treatment was reserved for the Catholic Church, while the greater problem in the schools was ignored altogether.

As the National Catholic Register's reporter Wayne Laugesen points out, the federal report said 422,000 California public-school students would be victims before graduation — a number that dwarfs the state's entire Catholic-school enrollment of 143,000.

Yet, during the first half of 2002, the 61 largest newspapers in California ran nearly 2,000 stories about sexual abuse in Catholic institutions, mostly concerning past allegations. During the same period, those newspapers ran four stories about the federal government's discovery of the much larger — and ongoing — abuse scandal in public schools.

Perhaps John Karr will help change that.

"Could JonBenet Ramsey murder suspect John Mark Karr get a job teaching in your community?" asked USA Today. Not any more, of course; but could a creepy pedophile who isn't all over Fox News get hired? Richard Dangel, a child psychologist in Dallas, told the paper, "Only about 4% of offenders get busted," he says. "The other 96% don't." Which means that background checks won't stop the vast majority of sex offenders.

A writer for The New York Times lurked online at pedophile chat rooms, and reported this summer about the chilling way pedophiles convince themselves that children want to have sex with them and insinuate themselves into the lives of children.

The Times' Kurt Eichenwald explained that pedophiles often discuss their personal lives. They come from all walks of life, but they like to speak about how close their jobs take them to children. "The most frequent job mentioned, however, was schoolteacher," he wrote. "A number of self-described teachers shared detailed observations about children in their classes, including events they considered sexual, like a second-grade boy holding his crotch during class."

The media have left many with the impression that sexual abuse is a Catholic problem — as if Catholic beliefs and customs make sex abuse inevitable. Church teaching for its part is clear: Sexual abuse of minors is always wrong. A more likely culprit would be a non-religious ambivalence about the pedophilia, as seen, for instance, in the media's refusal to broaden its scope to include teachers when considering the issue.

Professor Michael Tracey, whose e-mail correspondence with Karr helped in identifying him as a suspect, identified the real problem in an interview with the National Catholic Register.

"Was JonBenet a pedophile's dream? Clearly, clearly she was," Tracey said. "Her death, and the whole circus surrounding it even 10 years later, has everything to do with the culture's desire to sexualize children."

In 1992, the National Victim Center estimated that 29 percent of all forcible rapes in America were against children under age 11. More than a decade later, an estimated 1 in 4 girls and 1 in 7 boys are victims of unwanted sexual acts.

The 2002 Department of Education report estimated that from 6 percent to 10 percent of all students in public schools would be victims of abuse before graduation — a staggering statistic.

Yet, outside the Catholic Church, the reaction is increasingly accommodation instead of outrage.

The April 17, 2002, issue of USA Today featured an article titled "Sex Between Adults and Children" — a euphemistic way of referring to child molestation. Under the headline was a ballot-like box suggesting possible opinions one might hold on the subject: "always harmful, usually harmful, sometimes harmful, rarely harmful." The newspaper's answer: "Child's age and maturity make for gray areas."

And what about the popular culture? Mary Eberstadt has written at length about "Pedophilia Chic" — from Calvin Klein underwear ads to mainstream defenses of the North American Man-Boy Love Association. Hollywood's heroic treatment of accused child molesters in "The People vs. Larry Flynt" and "Kinsey" — not to mention its Oscar for Roman Polanski — doesn't help.

It's good that this ugly problem in the Catholic Church is being investigated, exposed, and dealt with. Now let's expand the investigation. In the face of the evidence of a widespread epidemic of abuse fed by a new morality that winks at child molestation, why is the Church the only institution under the microscope?

Right now an important story stares the media in the face with the cold intensity of teacher John Karr's eyes. Will they cover it?

Tom Hoopes is executive editor of the National Catholic Register and, with his wife, April, is editorial director of Faith & Family magazine.

By Tom Hoopes
Reprinted with permission from National Review Online

Thats a bit cherry picking. Who were they victims too? And as said 50mil average piblic school enrolment per year compared to 5mil catholic enrolment raw figures used like that are designed to mislead, there is so much more that needs to be compared.

The article itself is pretty pointless. Its like saying "no need too look at my Skeltons, theirs are bigger"

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

The microscope will be put on the Catholic Church because of it's claim to be the church of high morality, it's stance against todays accepted social norms(gay marriage, abortion, sex before marriage etc), it's differing theology compared to other watered down Christian denominations who have a progressive outlook, and not to mention other faiths like Judaism and Islam who see the Church as a blasphemous religion because it teaches about the Truine God. It has a lot of enemies for different reasons. But there are also a lot of people who aren't Catholic but respect the church and it's teachings.

Because the Church is so Large and claims to be the true Church of Christ and holder of truth, any mishap within it's ranks whether large or small will obviously come under the microscope. It's just the way it is.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Thats a bit cherry picking. Who were they victims too? And as said 50mil average piblic school enrolment per year compared to 5mil catholic enrolment raw figures used like that are designed to mislead, there is so much more that needs to be compared.

The article itself is pretty pointless. Its like saying "no need too look at my Skeltons, theirs are bigger"
I don't know....just making it easier for you to read incase you weren't able to open the link. Make what you want of it, who cares.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The microscope will be put on the Catholic Church because of it's claim to be the church of high morality, it's stance against todays accepted social norms(gay marriage, abortion, sex before marriage etc), it's differing theology compared to other watered down Christian denominations who have a progressive outlook, and not to mention other faiths like Judaism and Islam who see the Church as a blasphemous religion because it teaches about the Truine God. It has a lot of enemies for different reasons. But there are also a lot of people who aren't Catholic but respect the church and it's teachings.

Because the Church is so Large and claims to be the true Church of Christ and holder of truth, any mishap within it's ranks whether large or small will obviously come under the microscope. It's just the way it is.
The microscope was justified because of the legitimise covers ups and dodging. It was something that needed to be addressed. The media beat up, is what msm always do, beat it for the clicks

And, as i explained before, the royal commission seems to have worked (as it did with the wood royal commission) No longer is it protecting or turning a blind eye for the boys. They'll throw the person within the institution under the bus and do everything to protect the imagine of the institution., which they should.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The microscope was justified because of the legitimise covers ups and dodging. It was something that needed to be addressed.

And, as i explained before, the royal commission seems to have worked (as it did with the wood royal commission) No longer is it protecting or turning a blind eye for the boys. They'll throw the person within the institution under the bus and do everything to protect the imagine of the institution., which they should.
Yeh, we know all that.