Official Round 10 - Bulldogs vs Raiders Game Day Thread

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Teams to be updated once announced.

Short turn around, can’t get a read on the raiders, we always seem to struggle against them.. They have a huge pack aswell, gonna be another tough game, is anyone back?
Kiraz possibly

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He will probably pick and keep a winning side together but guys like Okunbor, Casey and Reynolds are some serious liabilities and a side that isn’t the Dragons will capitalize better than they did.

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This would be my team
1. Perham
2. Burns
3. Averillo
4. Alamoti
5. Skelton
6. KO
7. Burton
8. RFM
9. Mahoney
10. TPJ
11. Preston
12. Waddell
13. Edwards

14. Brown
15. Morrin
16. Hughes
17. Sutton
Burns is out. Return date "TBC".

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think raiders will be off this week. Last week was a massive effort, an emotion charged win. So offen we see teams do that then the following week drop their lollies. Wighton will be due a shocker, I think we scrape in for a win.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Burns is out. Return date "TBC".
Its Burns who has shit tons of injuries all the time and its a 5 day turn around so you’re probably correct that he would miss out. Skelton will have to be selected if thats the case but that lookin eshay Casey still in the side makes me feel sick.

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Okunbor ran 45m, had the slowest play the ball speed in the game and made some shocking "efforts" in defence. He is terrible.
and nearly let in a try finger grabbing when Reynolds (I think) was called to back off the tackle as he was offside - JO nearly shat himself when he realised he was the only thing stopping the try about 10m out...

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I suspect Raiders used all of their emotion (Wighton) last week and I'm feeling good about our chances. We've already proven we can match most teams including the top tier but often discipline, ref's etc turns the result on us.

Raiders will be a tough game but a very winnable one for us coming off a win. Discipline in play and behaviour will be crucial on this one with most games now having players in the bin.

The NRL is out of control with the amount of sin bins this year and I'm hoping the ARL please explain to the boss's sorts this BS out. Suppose to be by Wednesday the please explain so it may influence the amount of binning this weekend atleast.

Dogs 12+

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Okunbor doing a great job in the middle though..this one run he made nearly 20 metres just through the guts. But no doubt Hughes will get more time in the next few weeks
Despite all the haters, i actually think he is turning into a decent utility. How many players can cover wing and prop?? He my not be killing it in both positions, but he does a job, and with our current injury crisis, that what we need from him.
Bar his over run of the ball against cronulla his mistakes have almost disapeared, and he is starting to have a bit of impact on the field. If he continues to improve i wouldnt overly mind if he was re-signed tbh. Same can be said for Waddell. I think he has been very good for us this year. So long as they were both signed on minimal contracts i have no issue.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Despite all the haters, i actually think he is turning into a decent utility. How many players can cover wing and prop?? He my not be killing it in both positions, but he does a job, and with our current injury crisis, that what we need from him.
Bar his over run of the ball against cronulla his mistakes have almost disapeared, and he is starting to have a bit of impact on the field. If he continues to improve i wouldnt overly mind if he was re-signed tbh. Same can be said for Waddell. I think he has been very good for us this year. So long as they were both signed on minimal contracts i have no issue.
no thanks...not good enough for first grade

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Teams to be updated once announced.

Short turn around, can’t get a read on the raiders, we always seem to struggle against them.. They have a huge pack aswell, gonna be another tough game, is anyone back?
Maybe Pele

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
On another note, the next 3 and the final 5 games are most winnable this season.
Second clash against Parra round 15, Knights round 18. You know what if we can go 3/4 which is above expectation these wins will be crucial come season end. How many wins for the 8 this year usually 12-13 isn’t it previous years?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
On another note, the next 3 and the final 5 games are most winnable this season.
Second clash against Parra round 15, Knights round 18. You know what if we can go 3/4 which is above expectation these wins will be crucial come season end. How many wins for the 8 this year usually 12-13 isn’t it previous years?
Usually winning under 50% get's you in the Top 8 (LOL) but last year from memory for and against was crucial....

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He passed the HIA

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pele for Okunbor please! Sutto back in for Morrin.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okunbor ran 45m, had the slowest play the ball speed in the game and made some shocking "efforts" in defence. He is terrible.
Apart from when he scores tries that bomb he took when he nearly scored was best thing he’s ever done