The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Easiezt solution is not to register to vote.
Best thing I did when I was young and dumb
I didn't actually register. But at some point I was enrolled without actually wanting to. Be aware that this might happen to you and you'll then be liable for a fine if you fail to vote.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I didn't actually register. But at some point I was enrolled without actually wanting to. Be aware that this might happen to you and you'll then be liable for a fine if you fail to vote.
I can't remember registering ever .. .

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bit pissed off with Woolies today. I've been buying these chicken rolls there for a while now. Today they've bumped the price up by 25%. $4.40 was pretty expensive for them in my opinion. So the "On the menu" chicken rolls are now off the menu.

It's among a long list of things that they've priced me out of recently. Makes me think that as consumers we should just go on a fucking riot and walk in, fill trolleys and storm out without paying. Their profit margins have jumped by a ridiculous amount in the last year or two. We as consumers shouldn't be held over a barrel so they can continue to price gouge.
Stopped buying celery at coles cause it cost $5 now. Bean sprouts they hiked the price but love em in omelettes. Remember when potatoes were the cheapest vegi you could buy? Even before the recent shortage they were expensive. Snack isle forget it, everything has gone up. Use to be that it was cheaper to buy from the supermarket and make your own dinner instead of take away. Cost to make a nice salad is crazy. I think its almost cheaper to get take away these days but I prefer fresh home cooked dinner any day.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Stopped buying celery at coles cause it cost $5 now. Bean sprouts they hiked the price but love em in omelettes. Remember when potatoes were the cheapest vegi you could buy? Even before the recent shortage they were expensive. Snack isle forget it, everything has gone up. Use to be that it was cheaper to buy from the supermarket and make your own dinner instead of take away. Cost to make a nice salad is crazy. I think its almost cheaper to get take away these days but I prefer fresh home cooked dinner any day.
They want us to eat shitvfood by making it cheaper than good food.

Can't make money off healthy people

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
What share?
Trouble makers isolate then call you greedy, masters of illusion broken record being drummed in

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How is this my dad died and I rang Guardian funerals to find out exactly where in Pinegrove I was informed that I had to ask a family member, so his 3rd wife who he left her as his beneficiary made the funeral arrangement's is classed as a family member but I'm not, luckily this was via the phone as the person at Guardian funerals wouldn't be standing, money hungry *****!!!!

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
How is this my dad died and I rang Guardian funerals to find out exactly where in Pinegrove I was informed that I had to ask a family member, so his 3rd wife who he left her as his beneficiary made the funeral arrangement's is classed as a family member but I'm not, luckily this was via the phone as the person at Guardian funerals wouldn't be standing, money hungry *****!!!!
Firstly, God rest his soul.

Secondly, that's just fucked bro....

Did you end up finding out?

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Lining up to get your name marked off to pretend to vote.

I don't want to vote for any corrupt **** so why waste my time?
Felt the same for a while - then this happened. True story.

So go out one Friday before Saturday voting - early 90's. Met chick, back to her place and it continued through Saturday. Fck voting - have priorities.

Anyways - 3 weeks later. Friday night - party at my place. Goes through the night into Saturday. Completely shitfaced, half naked chicks everywhere and most importantly - was being paid to play sport which started at midday. Anyways - the grog had stopped but on the oil bottle bong (which btw - my fave bong of all time). Knock on the door around 10ish - think its a team mate who bailed on the party coming around before we played. So I load up a bong, have a lung full of heads and am planning to blow the smoke at old mate when I open the door.

And of course - 3 police officers are standing there. I blow the smoke softly behind the door (as if that mattered - 1st floor apartment - place was like a dutch oven). Asked the boys can I help you (with the oil bottle in my hand behind the door). They say - is Doogie here? Yep. Thinking - what the fuck did I do???

Well here you go Doogie. A $130 fine for failing to vote at the state election. Said thank you and have a good day officers. Walk back to 10 people throwing white and green in the fckng toilet. Anyways - at least the idiots sealed the bags first.

10 mins later we're back on it, pissing ourselves laughing and it becomes the go to story for everyone for the next 2 years.

Bro - bad things happen when you don't vote. I nearly lost a shit load of green (the white wasn't mine). Its just bad karma.....

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

So go out one Friday before Saturday voting - early 90's. Met chick, back to her place and it continued through Saturday. Fck voting - have priorities.

Anyways - 3 weeks later. Friday night - party at my place. Goes through the night into Saturday. Completely shitfaced, half naked chicks everywhere and most importantly - was being paid to play sport which started at midday. Anyways - the grog had stopped but on the oil bottle bong (which btw - my fave bong of all time). Knock on the door around 10ish - think its a team mate who bailed on the party coming around before we played. So I load up a bong, have a lung full of heads and am planning to blow the smoke at old mate when I open the door.

And of course - 3 police officers are standing there. I blow the smoke softly behind the door (as if that mattered - 1st floor apartment - place was like a dutch oven). Asked the boys can I help you (with the oil bottle in my hand behind the door). They say - is Doogie here? Yep. Thinking - what the fuck did I do???

Well here you go Doogie. A $130 fine for failing to vote at the state election. Said thank you and have a good day officers. Walk back to 10 people throwing white and green in the fckng toilet. Anyways - at least the idiots sealed the bags first.

10 mins later we're back on it, pissing ourselves laughing and it becomes the go to story for everyone for the next 2 years.

Bro - bad things happen when you don't vote. I nearly lost a shit load of green (the white wasn't mine). Its just bad karma.....
FMD how fkn bored were they to go hand out fines....

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

This sounds like a lie and didn’t you tell us in another fairytale that you were in your 30’s but now you were on the electoral roll in the early 90’s? hmm

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
This sounds like a lie and didn’t you tell us in another fairytale that you were in your 30’s but now you were on the electoral roll in the early 90’s? hmm
This sounds like a whiny keyboard warrior with too much cash.

Oops - it is :grinning:

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well here you go Doogie. A $130 fine for failing to vote at the state election. Said thank you and have a good day officers.
Since when do cops hand out fines for not voting. It's up to the Electoral Commission to send out the fine. And you have 28 days to dispute it.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
How can an independent servo sell fuel at $1.74 and the jerks at Shell only manage $2.09??
Its a disgrace to Dick Johnson.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Since when do cops hand out fines for not voting. It's up to the Electoral Commission to send out the fine. And you have 28 days to dispute it.
They are now - think somewhere in the late 90's they decided just to post them out because the cops had too many of them. And I remember the 28 days - mainly as it was a discussion point with the boys - how do I phrase a root was more important to get off the fine...

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you have to endure a pointless 60 minute work Zoom or MS Teams call and it's nearly over, then some k**t turns up late, and you then spend another 25 minutes recapping the last 50 minutes. F**k off, turn up on time k**t, or f**k right off.