Official Gus on Twitter

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not his Twitter but still Gus related

From 5:50 he starts talking about Preston 'hip drop'. Nothing but facts from Gus.
Listened to this yesterday he is absolutely 100 percent correct in everything he said and what makes it worse the first three games this weekend have been decided by sin bins and referees not the players on the field if this shit keeps going the NRL will be dead in 10 years,the game is becoming unwatchable. He also outlined how we have arrived at the current shit fight in his six tackles with Gus podcast, which was also 100% spot on.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Listened to this yesterday he is absolutely 100 percent correct in everything he said and what makes it worse the first three games this weekend have been decided by sin bins and referees not the players on the field if this shit keeps going the NRL will be dead in 10 years,the game is becoming unwatchable. He also outlined how we have arrived at the current shit fight in his six tackles with Gus podcast, which was also 100% spot on.
It's baffling how the refs have all this technology and still make mistakes and screw teams like us over. Two of our games this year (Warriors and Souths) were decided by the refs and bunker.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's baffling how the refs have all this technology and still make mistakes and screw teams like us over. Two of our games this year (Warriors and Souths) were decided by the refs and bunker.
There where 4 sin bins in the roosters game last night it’s just ridiculous with the ruck speed as fast as it is these days the minute someone goes off it’s game over.
That’s why we are starting to see scores blow out because defending with 12 players will kill the majority of teams at some point in the game

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There where 4 sin bins in the roosters game last night it’s just ridiculous with the ruck speed as fast as it is these days the minute someone goes off it’s game over.
That’s why we are starting to see scores blow out because defending with 12 players will kill the majority of teams at some point in the game
I just simply couldn't believe how Shaun Johnson's try wasn't even overturned after video replays clearly showed that Mahoney was impeded. I was even more baffled by the NRL's piss poor explanation of it. Yet Reynolds did it, and guess what? He was penalised (rightfully so off course).

Instances like that are why I go off on the officials on a regular basis.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I just simply couldn't believe how Shaun Johnson's try wasn't even overturned after video replays clearly showed that Mahoney was impeded. I was even more baffled by the NRL's piss poor explanation of it. Yet Reynolds did it, and guess what? He was penalised (rightfully so off course).

We didn’t even get an acknowledgment that the Preston sin bin was a fuck up
And that’s the issue there is no accountability for match officials either in the bunker or on the field .

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
And that’s the issue there is no accountability for match officials either in the bunker or on the field .
We did because he didn't get a suspension

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree, my friend. The refs are getting away with, and clubs can't call them out because they'll get fined (thanks Greenburg). This just proves to me that the higher-ups in the NRL are basically happy with the poor, referring that us fans and clubs alike have to cop week in and week out.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have no problem with that being awarded a try, my issue is that they aren't consistent. The following week we see A try against South's denied that was more story than Johnson's. The officials are clueless at times . I reckon they are brining in to many grey areas with the rules and no one can apply them consistently . Remember the days when it was just a Shepard , nice simple clear cut and they never got them wrong, and players weren't trying to milk a penalty .

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean. Preston not being charged/suspended (for a hipdrop) means the referee/bunker made a mistake during the game. What more do you need/want?
I want them to get on there knees and beg for forgiveness.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have no problem with that being awarded a try, my issue is that they aren't consistent. The following week we see A try against South's denied that was more story than Johnson's. The officials are clueless at times . I reckon they are brining in to many grey areas with the rules and no one can apply them consistently . Remember the days when it was just a Shepard , nice simple clear cut and they never got them wrong, and players weren't trying to milk a penalty .
There have been so many rule changes, it's not funny.