News Injured Canterbury star Luke Thompson has declared he is not a spent-force in the NRL as he works towards an earlier than expected return

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Use his money for a real prop.
Guys like Jesse Bromwich, Fisher Harris and Campbell Gillard (although I'm not a fan of his) put their bodies on the line week in and week out and keep getting smashed and smash other players.

Can't remember when any of them last missed a game through injury.

Yet Thomson has been out for a couple of extended spells for us almost back to back - first the concussion and now the foot injury

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's gone from us that way that reads ... Said he wants to stay in NRL and not just the Bulldogs.
I hope we keep him personally, but this seems like he's being put in the shop window.
Yup.. Doesn't mention that he wants to stick with us for all the faith we showed over the years. His return on investment has been shocking. With all his injuries, suspensions and inconsistent form.. I can only remember one good game (Sharks, 2021).

Glad we found King who is much better player and probably on a quarter or his salary.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh look more excuses
I can't play because I injured myself in pre season
Oh wait I can't play this week I had to hit someone high
Nah mate can't play cause I gotta eye gouge another player
Imagine what we could land with his dollars considering he'd be the last one in the squad on Lynne Money

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yup.. Doesn't mention that he wants to stick with us for all the faith we showed over the years. His return on investment has been shocking. With all his injuries, suspensions and inconsistent form.. I can only remember one good game (Sharks, 2021).

Glad we found King who is much better player and probably on a quarter or his salary.
this is true it does sound like he is justifying his pay cheque.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

I think he wants to stay with us... But my guess is he may have been told to look elsewhere. In the right forward pack where he's an accessory and not the leader / play 1 forward he would do really well. Storm would be the best place for him if they keep NAS.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This was his redemption year. After spending more time off the field than on it he was supposed to be going out to payback the years of mediocrity.

On his day he was good. But those days surrounded by suspensions, concussions and injuries. He didn’t even make it to the start line this season. Sometimes you just cut your losses. If he makes it back this year it will be huge boost to our pack and he can audition for a nrl spot. But only way he stays at the dogs is on half his packet. And I havent Seen many Players that would do that. Between him and pangai we are 1.8m in cap space and have had 0 to show for it this year. Can’t believe we have 3 wins to our name. That’s good to see. With some decent fit forwards and a better 7 and 1 we are knocking on the door of the 4.