News Okunbor facing 1 week on sidelines

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The hip drop crackdown is exactly the same as the stance on the crusher tackle last year. Whenever anyone feels any pressure they just stay down.

There is no way that was a sin bin but at least they are being consistent.

Its interesting now that you hardly ever see a crusher penalty anymore. Feldt tried to milk one yesterday. He actually should have been made to go off for a HIA because if you stay down and clutch your head or neck its mandatory to go off and get assessed

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The hip drop crackdown is exactly the same as the stance on the crusher tackle last year. Whenever anyone feels any pressure they just stay down.

There is no way that was a sin bin but at least they are being consistent.

Its interesting now that you hardly ever see a crusher penalty anymore. Feldt tried to milk one yesterday. He actually should have been made to go off for a HIA because if you stay down and clutch your head or neck its mandatory to go off and get assessed
!00% agree re Feldt, i was screaming at the TV that he needed to go for an HIA.....
He regularly tries to milk crushers, has done so vs us last year.....

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ridiculous.. for an awkward tackle that happens 50 times a game.. he landed awkwardly that's all it was
Most of these “hip drops” are actually just a heavy guy holding onto another big guy trying to bring him to ground and it’s often just momentum that gets them into a dangerous position. The Ox tackle did look awkward though.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
!00% agree re Feldt, i was screaming at the TV that he needed to go for an HIA.....
He regularly tries to milk crushers, has done so vs us last year.....
Yep I am pretty sure they have bought it in as a rule but I could be wrong. Maybe they have just said that if they stay down the doctor has the option to make them go off.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
majority of these hip drop tackles are complete accidents which don't even deserve suspensions
Sin bin was severe enough. He gets spit roasted if he gets binned and suspended for what was an accident more then a deliberate act.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jayden has been playing very well but gives a opportunity to topine which I think should be in the side before him
I think Topine is a chance this week but I think Ciro wants someone on the bench that can cover outside backs.

Was RFM deemed a category 1?
How will Kings eye be?
How will Preston’s finger be?

We are going to struggle big time if any of these guys are out.

Topine should get a run somewhere one would assume. If he doesn’t get a run this week. He most probably never will again.

I think Skeleton could be a Smokey this week for Jayden’s bench spot.

Something like this but it’s a very light bench.

14. Reynolds
15. Skeleton
16. Morrin
17. Tanner