Official Round 4 Vs Warrior

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve just rewatched the warriors vs cowboys from last week and here’s my takeaways

- cowboys defence is fucking dog shit. They come up in a line and then stop and stay flat footed

- most of the warriors tries scored last week do not get scored against our defence based on the last couple weeks

- we should honestly pump the cowboys next week if we defend well, there is barely any focus in their defence it’s horrible

-Townsend has fallen off a cliff from this form last year. If we rush up on him and fluster him it will force some mistakes

- as for Sunday, we just need to attack their edges and target SJ in defence and I think we win

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't know if we should be nervous about this game or not. The team has obviously got room for improvement. But we've seemingly gone through a transformation between Potter's coaching last year and Ciraldo taking the reigns. We aren't doing it with a load of style yet, but we have found that special ingredient we need to win. Hopefully we can make it look a bit easier this week.

Calibra

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think its been 9 years since we won in Auckland, we used to go there and look ok until the recent ugly years were we just haven't shown up. As you said @Alan79 since Potter we have looked different, so given we beat our terrible runs at Belmore & Melbourne maybe we can do it in Auckland too, here's hoping

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big game for us tomoz win would do wonders for our confidence…Ciraldos focus on family only highlights to the players their own fortunate position…Im praying for Kiraz family as well that their son Wins Dally M and that all there boys can celebrate hard and long.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bombs away to kosi and floptoyaaaaaa
Make it rain on then ho ho hoes
I like the idea of kick early and kick long
Don’t let them get set in the middle

expecting Hayze to have a big game against his jnr and original club

confident of a win if we can complete our sets and kick long

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Historically we play well v Wahs in Auckland on a Sunday afternoon.

I’m a lot more confident of winning under Ciro and the likes of Reed and Kikau who have constantly beaten the Wahs.

Kick early turn their pack around and keep our defensive line speed up

We should be too classy and win by 8

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
I’ve just rewatched the warriors vs cowboys from last week and here’s my takeaways

- cowboys defence is fucking dog shit. They come up in a line and then stop and stay flat footed

- most of the warriors tries scored last week do not get scored against our defence based on the last couple weeks

- we should honestly pump the cowboys next week if we defend well, there is barely any focus in their defence it’s horrible

-Townsend has fallen off a cliff from this form last year. If we rush up on him and fluster him it will force some mistakes

- as for Sunday, we just need to attack their edges and target SJ in defence and I think we win
We should not get ahead of ourselves. We have beaten the Storm who are at their worst in years, and Tigers who continue to be terrible. Warriors will be a good test as they are another top 8 contender.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should not get ahead of ourselves. We have beaten the Storm who are at their worst in years, and Tigers who continue to be terrible. Warriors will be a good test as they are another top 8 contender.
To be fair, the Warriors have played ok, but they haven’t done anything overly special either ..

They’ve had a win in NZ against Knights R1, lost to the Roosters, and then won against a weakened Cowboys team ..

I think both teams are about even at this stage of the season…. if we play with last weeks energy and we kick well & keep them down their end for long periods we’ll tire them out and should get the win.

Home ground advantage could be a problem and I hope CC has been able to turn around the playing for 80 minutes problem quickly ..

A win here is pretty important leading into the next 4 games …

My pre season prediction for first 4 rounds was

Manly lose
Melb win
Tigers win
Warriors win

Up the Doggies let’s keep it rolling ..

Kikau for MOM ..

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since they are bigger than us, tire them out by keeping them turning around.

The centre better have his kicking shoes on today.... because Lord knows Flamingo doesn't even own a pair.

Mahoney MoM again.
I agree mate, Burtons boot is going to be important, I’m also pretty impressed with Mahoney’s kicking game, he’s always a 40/20 threat which will keep CNK back a bit and on his toes, his short kicks to get repeat sets and punching them through the line takes a lot of pressure of Burton and puts the defence under a lot more pressure ..

We should get this if we come with energy play smart and stay strong for 80 minutes ..

Defence first and points will come of the back of that .. !