Good restaurants make you pay after? Cheap restaurants make you pay before you eat?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
1. Chinese
2. Vietnamese
3. Korean
4. Japanese
5. Middle Eastern
6. Every other country in the world
7. Mexican
Assassin has been to Mexico so he has had real Mexican cuisine and not just the greasy rubbish they cater to us in western countries

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Also a busy place does not mean a good food place.. usually it’s cheap, they give you a big bucket of fries / rice and people perceive this as top value.

I worked at a food place and a complained once his food portion was too small. He made gestures about how big it should be.. you could give him a big dog shit on his plate to fill it and he would be happy but a nicely cooked steak he said was too small
Yeah not always.
I said usually if it’s busy it’s good.

But yeah I’d rather eat out somewhere that is cheap and good instead of buying 4 pieces of ravioli and a touch of olive oil.

What is a better deal?
A yeeros plate for $27 or an $80 entree?

Before Jamie Oliver’s Pitt st restaurant closed down I tried it.
I only tried the entree though, cost about $35 but I will say it was one of the best entrees I had my whole life!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
1. Chinese
2. Vietnamese
3. Korean
4. Japanese
5. Middle Eastern
7. Mexican
What a lot of people think as Mexican is probably Tex-Mex (burritos etc). I've only been to Mexico once (Mexico City and Acapulco), and found the food generally to be a bit, well, one dimensional, like the same 5 ingredients rearranged differently each time :grinning: This was staying with fairly well off people, both in house and eating out. Tequila was good though.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
What a lot of people think as Mexican is probably Tex-Mex (burritos etc). I've only been to Mexico once (Mexico City and Acapulco), and found the food generally to be a bit, well, one dimensional, like the same 5 ingredients rearranged differently each time :grinning:
I always say that to people. I’ve been around the world and eaten a lot of stuff and it’s all amazing BUT! I have the same dish in Australia Thai Mexican Viet Indian and I’m like yeah it’s better here. But people have a connection and love affair when they had Alabama ribs but yeah it’s actually better here. They will say no it’s not but that’s because they are remembering the experience. My biggest one was pizza from Napoli. Fucking shit.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to admit
What a lot of people think as Mexican is probably Tex-Mex (burritos etc). I've only been to Mexico once (Mexico City and Acapulco), and found the food generally to be a bit, well, one dimensional, like the same 5 ingredients rearranged differently each time :grinning: This was staying with fairly well off people, both in house and eating out. Tequila was good though.
I have to admit I tried that Guzman Gomez place, slop on a plate , shocking

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I always say that to people. I’ve been around the world and eaten a lot of stuff and it’s all amazing BUT! I have the same dish in Australia Thai Mexican Viet Indian and I’m like yeah it’s better here. But people have a connection and love affair when they had Alabama ribs but yeah it’s actually better here. They will say no it’s not but that’s because they are remembering the experience. My biggest one was pizza from Napoli. Fucking shit.
Funny on that point, often Thai food is better in Australia than Thailand. Reason i think is better/fresher ingredients. I love Thai street food when in Thailand, don't get me wrong. its great to be able to eat anything, anytime, anywhere, but my favourite Thai restaurant is here in Brisbane (Thai Naramit in Hendra).

i could really go some pork skewers and sticky rice right now...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Assassin has been to Mexico so he has had real Mexican cuisine and not just the greasy rubbish they cater to us in western countries
Bro.... chalk and cheese. The street food is off tap.

Even Corona is better there. The factory is divided into domestic (MEX, US and Canada) and international (rest of the world).

International Corona tastes like piss. The Domestic Corona is 1000% better.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I go to a great persian restaurant here and the first time we went there they wanted payment before eating, but after that they dont.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Even Corona is better there. The factory is divided into domestic (MEX, US and Canada) and international (rest of the world).

I haven't been to Mexico but just based off Mexican restaurants iv been to and home cooked Mexican, I can't stand it.

Nothing comes close to Asian food for me, except home cooked arab food.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
1. Chinese
2. Vietnamese
3. Korean
4. Japanese
5. Middle Eastern
7. Mexican
Malaysian?!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I haven't been to Mexico but just based off Mexican restaurants iv been to and home cooked Mexican, I can't stand it.

I want to go to Vietnam just for the food..maybe the women too lol

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score

Typical of every other nation to hold the best products for themselves.

Except for Australia, who likes to sell everything off to the first bidder!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I have to admit

I have to admit I tried that Guzman Gomez place, slop on a plate , shocking
GG's is alright, best of the 3 (Taco Bell, Mad Mex, GG) - but I really only ever have the Burrito there, a quick sandwich when on the run.

Mexican is Wifey's favorite cuisine, so we have it far too often.

She makes really good traditional Mexican food as well though, such as Chili Con Carne.

Wahesh

Reaction score

Best Lebanese food is a Lebanese BBQ. And I don't mean that crappy gas BBQ. I mean a proper charcoal BBQ.

Also, home-made tabbouleh is much better than the type you find in the shops. Fattoush is pretty good from the shops though (and when I say 'shops' I'm referring to businesses such as Awafi and El Jannah).

Wahesh

Reaction score
1. Chinese
2. Vietnamese
3. Korean
4. Japanese
5. Middle Eastern
7. Mexican
I find Vietnamese food more appetising in winter with their soups/pho and what not.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
GG's is alright, best of the 3 (Taco Bell, Mad Mex, GG) - but I really only ever have the Burrito there, a quick sandwich when on the run.

Mexican is Wifey's favorite cuisine, so we have it far too often.

She makes really good traditional Mexican food as well though, such as Chili Con Carne.
My sister makes a wicked Chili con Carne, but I think its also from Texas :grinning: