Opinion Our Right Edge

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well Brad gave Reynolds the try assist for the Okunbor try because of his work from dh. So I'm giving Jake the try assist for his work from dh for the Preston try and stealing the try assist off Reynolds for the Okunbor try as he made the line break that lead to the try. Factos
There is some truth in how important Averillo's break was to the Okunbur try although Flanagan also did well to back up, feed the ball left and then back up again for the final pass. It was Flanagan's try really by providing the link when and where needed.
Running 50metres across field to throw a long pass to Waddle did not really create the second try. Was more luck and a typical messy trial-game try.
Averillo is in the side because he is definitely further down the track in his career then Skelton.
What was interesting about Skelton was he seemed comfortable at this level.
It doesn't mean he should be picked in 1st grade. Just that he looks promising. Similar to Pele and Preston.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
There is some truth in how important Averillo's break was to the Okunbur try although Flanagan also did well to back up, feed the ball left and then back up again for the final pass. It was Flanagan's try really by providing the link when and where needed.
Running 50metres across field to throw a long pass to Waddle did not really create the second try. Was more luck and a typical messy trial-game try.
Averillo is in the side because he is definitely further down the track in his career then Skelton.
What was interesting about Skelton was he seemed comfortable at this level.
It doesn't mean he should be picked in 1st grade. Just that he looks promising. Similar to Pele and Preston.
Yes I was being facetious. I would suggest you rewatch the Preston try though, Jake did take out more than half the raider defence with his play and by the time Waddell got the ball we already had a 2 man overlap with acres of space to work with, a lot more to it than just luck. I rate Skelton and he will get an opportunity at some point.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes I was being facetious. I would suggest you rewatch the Preston try though, Jake did take out more than half the raider defence with his play and by the time Waddell got the ball we already had a 2 man overlap with acres of space to work with, a lot more to it than just luck. I rate Skelton and he will get an opportunity at some point.
If you're talking about the nice break by Averillo, big wraps need to go to Burns.
Burns made a nice run I think in behind the ruck or close to, I'm used to calling it the tightspot, forgot what that zone is called, he had the vision to get that good ball away. Something that seems simple but not every NRL back, half, or forward would do.
Averillo had good awareness to support (like what a player should be doing in most scenarios)

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If you're talking about the nice break by Averillo, big wraps need to go to Burns.
Burns made a nice run I think in behind the ruck or close to, I'm used to calling it the tightspot, forgot what that zone is called, he had the vision to get that good ball away. Something that seems simple but not every NRL back, half, or forward would do.
Averillo had good awareness to support (like what a player should be doing in most scenarios)
Burns had a good game at fullback, always been a classy player that has unfortunately been held back due to injury.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our right side was on fire on Saturday. Storm didn’t see that coming

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Naden forward pass was missed by the blindsmen, the momentum changed from that point.
Still, what transpired after that was a little worrying.

We have fallen away in every game including the trials ... fitness issues?

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We are at home and still can't win a flipping penalty count or get any 50/50 calls.

We have no other option but to go nuclear on the NRLol.

By nuclear I mean assemble a team and production line of talent that not even their garbage can stop. Be a powerhouse again and blow the refs out of the water.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Line's woman Casey Badger...her hubby was in Tigers box last year lol...it was blatant....the rot started from that, although we shouldn't have put ourselves in that position.
She was stingy with Burto's kicks for line but seemed far more generous with Douhie's, both halves.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still, what transpired after that was a little worrying.

We have fallen away in every game including the trials ... fitness issues?
I’m not too worried about it tbh. 3/5 games have been played in 35° heat. Today was pushing 40. People say we may have lost the gas and it was our fitness, and why did the tigers have more energy then us. Listening to Freddy during the game, he noted off the ball we were running more, more movement. Tigers standing still. All that burns energy. Teams of recent years we would have lost today. At 26-22 I thought we were gone. But the team managed to show a cool head and a bit of resilience, got the win.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are at home and still can't win a flipping penalty count or get any 50/50 calls.

We have no other option but to go nuclear on the NRLol.

By nuclear I mean assemble a team and production line of talent that not even their garbage can stop. Be a powerhouse again and blow the refs out of the water.
That red allowed the tigers to lay in our ruck all game. Pinned us everytime we tried to slow the ruck. Was a fucking joke.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That red allowed the tigers to lay in our ruck all game. Pinned us everytime we tried to slow the ruck. Was a fucking joke.
As I said, mate, Sutton must have been in his ear the whole time. When tigers did their first challenge, replays showed Klemmer not playing the ball correctly, and Sutton said he did. Not to mention the piggy back penalties and 6 agains for the tigers. It was obvious Sutton was rorting us as usual. I'm glad we won, though.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Averillos been impressive. His pace is great and he backs up well. Much improvement under Ciraldo. Kiraz is just an animal and love eveything about him