Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
everyone needs a bit of luck to win titles with injuries
Arsenals turn to have some positive news with injury’s and good luck to you lads for it

Look at the NRL, how many teams have been right at the pointy end through out the years and lose 1-2 keys players in the finals and bang there out

Hopefully the health stays because I think there’s nothing worse than being in good form and injury’s stop that
arsenal have always had injuries at crucial times in previous seasons which cost them dearly.

thing is though if united added more squad depth use would be able to rotate more and would have less injuries

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
arsenal have always had injuries at crucial times in previous seasons which cost them dearly.

thing is though if united added more squad depth use would be able to rotate more and would have less injuries
Correct and correct

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Definitely need to trim the fat off the squad and add just two or three quality pieces. A striker, box-to-box type and a Casemiro understudy.
Maguire, Bailly, Jones, Martial, Williams, McTominay can all go.

Happy for Lindelorf and Fred to stay as back up. Sign Sabitzer permanently.

And I would be targeting ready-made PL players where possible. We have had a disaster of a time picking players from other leagues of late, who have not lived up to their generally hefty price tag.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

And I would be targeting ready-made PL players where possible. We have had a disaster of a time picking players from other leagues of late, who have not lived up to their generally hefty price tag.
Panic buts late in the window what kills us
Hopefully we owners do things heaps better
Tho 90% of signings under ten hag have been very good

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Agree on all the players you listed above, would sell Elanga too.

I dont think we will make any big signings unless we have new owners by then. If there is a big signing it seems like the most likely would be either Osimhen or Bellingham, with noise growing around Kane too.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Panic buts late in the window what kills us
Hopefully we owners do things heaps better
Tho 90% of signings under ten hag have been very good
The club constantly does just enough to sneak top 4. Go back the past 6-7 years, we usually have a promising season and dont sign anyone, then we have a shit season and sign a few big name players.

There is clearly a new era coming in the premier league, we need to capitalise. Liverpool level has dropped and they will struggle for a while unless they go out there and have a 250m window. Chelsea have zero structure. Spurs are Spurs. And I think Pep is on his last legs at City, he will feck off soon and City will see a slight decrease.

Arsenal and United have a huge chance to challenge City, both teams have some of the best young players, mixed with some seasoned pros, and two of the brightest young managers in the game.

Whilst anything can happen, ETH was right when he said all eras must come to an end, and I think we have a real opportunity if we bring in a few more players to really shake things up.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The club constantly does just enough to sneak top 4. Go back the past 6-7 years, we usually have a promising season and dont sign anyone, then we have a shit season and sign a few big name players.

There is clearly a new era coming in the premier league, we need to capitalise. Liverpool level has dropped and they will struggle for a while unless they go out there and have a 250m window. Chelsea have zero structure. Spurs are Spurs. And I think Pep is on his last legs at City, he will feck off soon and City will see a slight decrease.

Arsenal and United have a huge chance to challenge City, both teams have some of the best young players, mixed with some seasoned pros, and two of the brightest young managers in the game.

Whilst anything can happen, ETH was right when he said all eras must come to an end, and I think we have a real opportunity if we bring in a few more players to really shake things up.
depends what happens to city with these breaches and if they cop point deductions next season or not but u are right about the other teams

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Greenwood most likely back also
Seems like an odd one. The club has had months to decide what they are going to do but have held off.

Personally I think they are waiting to see if the sale of the club is going to happen, if so they probably would give the new owners the option on his future. Ultimately he is a 100m $$ asset.

Has been out of contention for 15 months now, if he was to return it would take a few months to really get him back to PL fitness levels.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

nobody would want to buy those players though except maybe mctominay

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
nobody would want to buy those players though except maybe mctominay
Harry was sought after by Spurs, and apparently PSG in the last window.

Bailly currently on loan to Marseille and doing Bailly things.

TBH - sell them all for $10m for all I care. Just need them gone.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sorry 2 more players - Telles and Henderson
Forgot about those two. Both should be gone. We could fetch a nice figure for Henderson. Realistically we should be looking at 90m return for Henderson, McTominay, Elanga and Williams. Its not even ambitious when you consider what other sides like Liverpool have gotten back for similar players. Teams at the bottom of the PL have money to burn.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Harry was sought after by Spurs, and apparently PSG in the last window.

Bailly currently on loan to Marseille and doing Bailly things.

TBH - sell them all for $10m for all I care. Just need them gone.
Newcastle rumoured to be in for Maguire. Would be a good signing for them. He is a player that seems to be very good in a dressing room and managers seem to like him too. We have seen him be excellent at times, including his first season at the club and his time at Leicester plus England, but its only come when the team plays deeper. You cant beat him in the air and he is decent at short passes to midfield, but when he has to play a high line like he did last season and the start of this season, he is a shambles.

Will never be a premiership challenging player but would be reliable for most teams from 5th-20th.