Jacob Preston Will Be This Years Bargain Buy

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What's even more satisfying about Preston is that we got him from the Roosters system. It's good to finally sign a player of theirs with talent and upside and not their rejects like with Napa etc. To make things even better, now Napa is back with them!
I thought I read he played for the Bears in 22 and asked for a Train and Trial with us before forcing his way into the 30 during pre-season?

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Gould has done a few 2 year contracts, gives him clear air to asses the player until November before the other clubs can "legally" try poaching them. If they don't work out then it's only 1 year to offload.

Always a Bulldog
Welcome back mate. Good to see you recovered after the Averillo shouldn’t have passed to Flanno because he was in a worse position comment :tearsofjoy:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I thought I read he played for the Bears in 22 and asked for a Train and Trial with us before forcing his way into the 30 during pre-season?
The Bears were the Roosters feeder NSW Cup team last year, so he was contracted to the Roosters.

Either way Gus will definitely upgrade him soon like he did with King and Kiraz before the other clubs come circling and we have to get into bidding wars to keep them.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Bears were the Roosters feeder NSW Cup team last year, so he was contracted to the Roosters.

Either way Gus will definitely upgrade him soon like he did with King and Kiraz before the other clubs come circling and we have to get into bidding wars to keep them.
Fuck me, I never realized that the Bears fed the fuckin Chooks.. Thats a disgrace that them filthy chooks have anything to do with my North Sydney, I am going to write a dirty letter to my local MP.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fuck me, I never realized that the Bears fed the fuckin Chooks.. Thats a disgrace that them filthy chooks have anything to do with my North Sydney, I am going to write a dirty letter to my local MP.
The Bears have changed who they're the feeder team for a few times. They were with Souths for a while, then with the Roosters for four years and this year I think they're independent..

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Welcome back mate. Good to see you recovered after the Averillo shouldn’t have passed to Flanno because he was in a worse position comment :tearsofjoy:
No recovery required, Averillo should have drawn Meaney before he passed, that's irrefutable. By not drawing Meaney he put Flanagan in a worse position, not hard to comprehend.

Always a Bulldog

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The Bears have changed who they're the feeder team for a few times. They were with Souths for a while, then with the Roosters for four years and this year I think they're independent..
The Bears are contracted to the Chooks until the end of season 2023.

Always a Bulldog

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Bears are contracted to the Chooks until the end of season 2023.

Always a Bulldog
I don't know what their arrangement is but the Roosters have their own NSW Cup team this year.

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm really excited about this kid. I love a back rower who can run good lines, bust the defence and find the try line. A very astute pick up!

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Bears then feed hills bulls ron massey cup

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Maybe when real young but he definitely played center before shifting to the backrow ... i know Stringer played all his junior footy as a half.
Did he? I'm only going off what he said in his interview. Stringer looks decent, surprised he was dropped from reserve grade last week.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Stringer looks decent, surprised he was dropped from reserve grade last week.
Not sure, might have to check with someone that went to the game, but I think he might have got on for an HIA (he was the reserve).

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm really excited about this kid. I love a back rower who can run good lines, bust the defence and find the try line. A very astute pick up!
Feel the same, he’s definitely one diamond in the rough so to speak.!!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don't know what their arrangement is but the Roosters have their own NSW Cup team this year.
Yep, their association ends this season. Interesting fact, Wyong Roos were Roosters feeder club a whole ago, they bailed because they partnership didn't favour them and it actually cost them money to be associated with the Rorters. I don't know whose decision it was, but smart for the Bears to part ways