Official Round 3 : Bulldogs vs Tigers discussion

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we play with the same intensity that we did against the storm we can beat the tigers no issue, my concern is if we also drop off like we did against them. We tend to get flustered when opposition team score and look lost at times, I hope Ciro picks up on this and works away around it.

Ref's killed us last night, its hard enough to score a win as it is - i hope its better next week.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This game is our GF. We simply can't lose there again

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cannot wait! If we come out like the first half tonight we’ll stampede those pussies! We looked good against a hardened Storm team. Against the spooners we should destroy.
Hardened Storm team? Without Bromwich bros, Kafausi, Brandon Smith, Munster, Coates, Papynhausen......Melbournes squad is a reserve grade squad. We should of gone into this game as favourites, but didn't because of our efforts last week, and the fact they beat Eels last week, who are also struggling.
Man for man Tigers squad doesn't look too bad, so next weeks game will be willing as both sides smell a realistic win.
With Tigers still struggling to find cohesion in attack, we will be clear favourites. Tigers though are desperate. Will be very willing.

Last edited:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Will Kikau get suspended? Watched the game at the tavern and didn’t get a good look at the trip. This is what happens when you train with Josh Reynolds
Unless things have changed I don't think so. Wasn't even a penalty. It use to be that if a hand is touching first then it's not a trip. Hence the old Alfie Langer technique. I did only see 1 replay but I'm certain he had a hand touching.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hardened Storm team? Without Bromwich bros, Kafausi, Brandon Smith, Munster, Coates, Papynhausen......Melbournes squad is a reserve grade squad. We should of gone into this game as favourites, but didn't because of our efforts last week, and the fact they beat Eels last week, who are also struggling.
Man for man Tigers squad doesn't look too bad, so next weeks game will be willing as both sides smell a realistic win.
Great to get a win and a much improved performance. We beat a badly undermanned storm team and scored two tries when they had a player in the bin.
Tiges will be no pushover.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Too be safer next week I want to see Okenbour come on when we are 40 ahead. Good inspirational 5 minutes tonight.
He should have come on MUCH earlier... There was a couple of moments in that game his leg speed and post contact meters would have buried the storm.

Even Topine would have been good... we got some good stock now that Pele and Presto have proven they're NRL worthy.

bigdoggie8

Waterboy
Reaction score
Get a grip man

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We probably will be without Kikau
No chance.. Warbrick didnt even get tripped, he brushed it off and kept going.Plus Kikz through out a hand and he was wrong footed at speed whilst it was late in the game and he copped 10min in the bin.

He shouldnt even get fined...

Then you got blokes like RSmith throwing ground and pounds on Kikau leading intoa try with not a single Fcuk given. That should have been binned.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

On point... we cannot become complacent. I am worried we put too much into that game but hopefully the boys can back it up.

We need the tigers to get shot today... hopefully they cop another embarrassing loss.

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Really looking forward to that game. 2 sides that have had some decent singings. Be interested to see how the Tigpies go today, I'm thinking they'll roll the Knights.

Berries went very decent last night and next week I reckon the forwards play a massive part for both sides. Whatever I thinks it's gonna be a decent game but thinking the score might blow out to the Dogs especially if they get an early roll on.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Already have grandstand tickets with my missus and daughter. It will be my daughters first footy game she's been to. She's already made her own Bulldogs sign.. Hopefully she can help break the Belmore curse.. Can't wait. Should be a packed house and a great atmosphere...

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Kikau should only get a fine for his attempted trip but I'm worried Sutton will get a charge for his late hit late in the game. He did that in the trial too so he has to avoid those as the last thing we can afford is another prop missing..

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t want to be a wet blanket but Melbourne played far below their usual standards.

Dogs need a lot more cohesion and polish.

Still, I reckon they can do a number on the Tigers.