Official Round 2 vs Storm Match Discussion

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He is not worried about the outcome this week, he wants to see a better performance. Oh no…

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
How many times have storm won their second game…. Fuck the Storm and Harry Grant they r shit Mahoney does it again dogs by 12
Not taking the piss but we got 1 flukey try against a shit manly we made look like premiers, how are we going to score 12+ against the Storm at Melbourne?

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well, apparently, he's not worried about outcome. Well defence guru I sure am. I want to be winning more games this season.
I picked up on that as well, that is concerning. We desperately need the two points.

Tim Sheens Tigers won’t be a walk in the park.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not taking the piss but we got 1 flukey try against a shit manly we made look like premiers, how are we going to score 12+ against the Storm at Melbourne?
Mate we have points in us I believe we will perform better in Melbourne…track didn’t suit us last week… underdone loosing forwards short notice… hot as fuck…and genuinely ultra shit performance. We will do better here mate.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Mate we have points in us I believe we will perform better in Melbourne…track didn’t suit us last week… underdone loosing forwards short notice… hot as fuck…and genuinely ultra shit performance. We will do better here mate.
Hope so bro for our mental state

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

The "Bunker Doc" decided Kiraz had concussion because he stumbled. Towards the end of that interview Ciraldo said that Kiaz stumbled due to turning his ankle. Can we assume that every player who stumbles from now on will be sent for a HIA for 15 minutes, or is that just a special rule for the Bulldogs.

Always a Bulldog
He did stumble, I saw the footage on the NRL site. Wasn't much in it but it didn't look like a rolled ankle lol.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t like to use the heat as an excuse because both teams have to deal with whatever conditions they get, but it definitely affected us badly. That in itself is a bit of a concern, but we had to do more defence, which takes a toll. Another reason why the “simple game” line is so true. The better completions you have, the less defence you do, less energy lost particularly on very hot days.

What last weekend showed us though was what a super fit machine Reed is! He never stopped trying.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t like to use the heat as an excuse because both teams have to deal with whatever conditions they get, but it definitely affected us badly. That in itself is a bit of a concern, but we had to do more defence, which takes a toll. Another reason why the “simple game” line is so true. The better completions you have, the less defence you do, less energy lost particularly on very hot days.

What last weekend showed us though was what a super fit machine Reed is! He never stopped trying.
Yeh agree we had a shocker few factors.,,think we will be much better organised this week …Mahoney was good and forwards have prolly never played with a hooker of his standard and need to adapt quickly… simple game plan like someone aiming up at Hughes like Kafusi on Brandon Smith… we saw Pele belt James in Canberra trial so they can do it when they want to… call it “building pressure” we need to see them trying hard.. Burton can play when he gives a fuck… so can few others.

Last edited:

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t like to use the heat as an excuse
It stands to reason that the team that makes the most mistakes, has less possession, does more tackling, has more penalties & six-agains against them (not to mention contending with BS Sin Bins) is going to suffer more under the conditions, especially if it's hot and so early in the season (lack of match fitness).

Until the BS Sin Bin, we went set for set with Manly, were 6-all and could easily been in front given a little good fortune (despite playing poorly and probably being our own worst enemy).

Once the balance tipped, it started to run away from us.

Not a great performance but hardly something to write the season off over either.

We will be better in Melbourne - let's hope it's enough to jag our first win for 2023.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cirdildo doesn't trust his bench, I've crunched the numbers on this.

Props, Tanner & Pele played a combined total of... wait for it... 21mins against Manly.

Meanwhile the Storm prop Jordan Grant who has no hype surrounding him played 28mins against Parramatta.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Props, Tanner & Pele played a combined total of... wait for it... 21mins against Manly.

Meanwhile the Storm prop Jordan Grant who has no hype surrounding him played 28mins against Parramatta.
Coach has a duty of care towards his players, Tanner was called up from Reggie’s last minute to debut against men, not the best preparation, and we all know Pele isn’t match fit, he had Covid during off season and missed a lot of training …

Jordan Grant might have been a lot better conditioned for the role he played !

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Another shit take.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good observation mate yeh, no one was expecting to loose the guys we did we r light on but I like his style doesn’t bitch just gets on with it.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good observation mate yeh, no one was expecting to loose the guys we did we r light on but I like his style doesn’t bitch just gets on with it.
That is a typical Bellamy signing. We signed a hype job in Pele who does 1 run and then he is finished for the day.