Official Round 2 vs Storm Match Discussion

KakkaDog

Banned
Reaction score
I was right about the prescription
Wednesday, ten past Midnight. Post 10,186, surely this will fill the void in the soul. I joined in 2017. Averaging my daily posts will depress you more than you could ever imagine.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A third of the top squad is injured and people want changes. Let them make up for last week and then wait for some troops to come back.
Do we really have 10 players injured ???

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think pezet will debut for them and wishart back to the bench
We go into each game minus 2 players
Flanacrap and flopdelll

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Play Alamoti at right centre. Alamoti is a beast at right centre.

Play Jeral Skelton left centre.

Drop Waddell and play Davey. Waddell has the lowest iq and is a dud.

Also, Nu Brown is not a lock, so keep him at 14 off the bench.

Drop Flanagan and play Reynolds till Oloapu is ready. He looks so fit for his age and would outplay Flanagan till he’s 40.
Drop Burton, he needs time in Reggies to remember what 5/8's are meant to do.....create space. Davey and Reynolds are injured. So you'd play injured players would you? Seriously? So you don't believe in player welfare. Think you've drinking the Gould coolaid.
Where does Averillo fit into your side?...left right out?
Never let the facts stand in the way of your Head Selector role.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Same team same shit from the coach’s same old shit every year as if they persist with Flanagan I suppose that’s how bad we are persistently pick a flop of a player who shouldn’t be near an NRL team
Agree...Burton needs time in Reggies to rediscover his Beast

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we don't win this week there needs to be mass changes everywhere, I don't give a fuck anymore, put kids out there, at least they will show more excitement and creativity on the field
That's right, have kids play and get lapped and $5m of our cap playing Reggies. Why didn't I think of that?

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We won't start making changes until we get injured players back.

So I'd say around Round 5-6.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
That's right, have kids play and get lapped and $5m of our cap playing Reggies. Why didn't I think of that?
Oloapu worth more than Flanagan. Flanagan's not even worth minimum wage. Same with Waddell and someone like Topine, etc. What a player is worth means more than what they're on in the cap in that argument.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Karl Oloapu is travelling with the team to Melbourne. I imagine he’s just there to observe how to prepare for first grade and go through the process especially on the road. I expect him to fly back on Sunday and be ready for the NSW cup game.
I think this confirms that his debut is coming very soon. Just my opinion.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Really couldn’t believe what I saw when he took his first hit up. Sitting there thinking do we really have no one else
I agree bro, you can’t bring a small forward into an already undersized pack. How the hell is he going to tackle NAS.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Morrin was quite poor in reserve grade. Brown playing lock isn't an issue though, the issue is Brown starting at lock playing 50m+. Just start RFM in the middle and Preston on the edge.
I don't often get to watch reserves so can only comment on what I've seen in first grade, which I thought were solid performances. Yeah RFM should definitely be playing lock, regardless of injuries IMO

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
we will handle welch but nelson will cause us problems we just need to shut down the offloads
I feel like we need to start Pele to offset NAS…. Despite that NAS will stay on the field well beyond Pele, we need a big body in front of him from the get go so we’re not dominated.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
we will handle welch but nelson will cause us problems we just need to shut down the offloads
Yeah I think we have the people to limit Welch so long as we are disciplined with ball in hand and have a high completion rate. NAS is a different proposition, but again, having the ball in hand as much as possible is the first line of defense against him. I reckon bring Pele on with 10 minutes to go in the first half and line him up against him, give the kid a challenge, tell him to try to run over NAS, and to try and get some shots on him in defense.

*edit* the NAS-Pele stuff @D.O.W. only just posted about as well

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I feel like we need to start Pele to offset NAS…. Despite that NAS will stay on the field well beyond Pele, we need a big body in front of him from the get go so we’re not dominated.
depends where bellamy plays nelson i can see the storm playing him on the right edge to nullify kikau

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We’ve been blessed with an opportunity to verse Melbourne with half their spine and about $3mil worth of players sitting out. This game will really highlight whether our preseason involved any productive field work or if it solely involved holding hands in a circle building connections