Round 1 Bulldogs Vs Manly

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
New players, new coaches, new conditioners, New Jerseys. It doesn’t matter what we do we still lose.. I don’t care how connected we are it doesn’t win you football games!! Speed, size and skill are the biggest factors
But they did a cultural ceremony together were they danced and sang surely that would have helped ?

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kikau, Burton, sutton and JAC can't play much worse than they did.. we got physically dominated, which we knew was always going to be an issue.. would have preferred pele to come on at the 30 minute mark when it was 6 all and we had decent field position.. I'd make quite a few changes to the side but not sure he'll pull the trigger.. I'd consider bringing in skelton, ko, papalaii and lipio hopio.. fuck it.. at least we'd get excited to watch the fucking game..

Fmd we need front rowers badly

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Reed Mahoney legit gave everything he had today for that jersey while the flops around him were garbage. Thank fuck, cause without him today we lose by even more.
He is a machine!!
the concern is that he's going to be carrying the team, and I just hope it doesn't take too much out of him mentally.

MOVE.80

M-Power
Reaction score
As expected our forwards got trampled.

As expected our backs were fucking shit

As expected our halves were trash

As expected the boys were hyping themselves up to the media

As expected we got pumped against a shit team with a semi broken fullback

People are still surprised we got pumped

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Positive from today there were some youngsters who showed something in the nsw cup that should make us a better side in the near future in Karl o, papalli, Skelton and Wilson. Nothing to lose by giving them a run at some stage.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that Burton performance the worst you've seen by a half in the NRL era? Honestly the hate on Kyle is strong here but at least he fucking tries
Kyle wasn't even that bad today really.. should never have got binned and yeah didn't do much but fmd he didn't do too much wrong which others can't say for themselves

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Positive from today there were some youngsters who showed something in the nsw cup that should make us a better side in the near future in Karl o, papalli, Skelton and Wilson. Nothing to lose by giving them a run at some stage.
I just hope CC takes action sooner rather than later.. there are blokes in our squad who have had plenty of chances but are just not up to FG level. Skelton absolutely has the potential to be a first grader, he needs to come in for Averillo.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
mahoney was our best player on field
Perham did ok
pele made some great runs
king was solid but everyone else was rubbish

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
honestly fullback is one of the biggest puzzles in a successful team. Turbo barked orders , where was perham? Didn’t even know he played
Without DCE turbo
Kikau, Burton, sutton and JAC can't play much worse than they did.. we got physically dominated, which we knew was always going to be an issue.. would have preferred pele to come on at the 30 minute mark when it was 6 all and we had decent field position.. I'd make quite a few changes to the side but not sure he'll pull the trigger.. I'd consider bringing in skelton, ko, papalaii and lipio hopio.. fuck it.. at least we'd get excited to watch the fucking game..

Fmd we need front rowers badly
Yeah I'd like to know how long he waits until he starts pulling the attack apart. Probably 0-10 which we could quite possibly be with the draw we have.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Tackles:
R.Mahoney 52
R.Sutton 48
M.King 39

Completions:
Manly 34/43 (79%)
Bulldogs 22/36 (61%)
The biggest issue about that stat is that if reed has to keep defending like that he will spend more time out injured than on the field and without him today it could have been 50-60 nil

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mahoney deserves to take Flanagan’s and burtons pay cheques. He is the most important player in our team.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
JAC our worst player are you serious??????

Kikau, Mariner, Burton, Averillo were all definitely worse. I’m sure there’s other I haven’t mentioned also
I was expecting Avo to be worse in D . I can't really fault him there. He can hold his head up. Burton OMFG god, 7.5 bucks is too much. Ray Ray, bench forward if we had more troops, tries hard,offers little.
Max KING and Mahoney can also hold their heads up, they were awesome

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kikau will destroy Alamoti's career. Seriously, having him inside Alamoti will minimise his involvement and ability to show his talent as he won't get early ball.
Ciraldo must understand what worked at Penrith may not work here.

When will we see forwards playing in the middle doing their job as a forward and the backs out wide doing theirs?